New Member Introductions thread
Dec 4, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #15,136 of 15,611
Long time lurker here. Music producer in Nashville.
Only about 40% audiophile - is it me or do many pro-audio folks not share interest in hifi for pleasure?

Marantz AVR 7701 (maybe?) --> Rotel something --> Magnapan MMG
(subs) --> Behringer A800 --> retooled Bose 502 II

iBasso DX220 --> AK Billie Jeans, Audeze LCD II, Senny 6xx

Dec 4, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #15,138 of 15,611
Having read this forum for years, it's finally time to become a part of it, also to look out for opportunities such as local meet-ups, with me hailing from Hamburg, Germany. I'm usually classified as "a music lover, vinyl enthusiast, guitar player, street photographer, whisky maniac and caffeine junkie, on the verge of becoming an audiophile esoteric" in other profiles. Currently mainly sporting a Hifiman HE1000SE, switching between a Hifiman EF400 and a little Schiit Stack (Bifrost 2 & Lyr3). Eager to experience a Susvara or a Focal Utopia one day…

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #15,140 of 15,611
Hello everyone, also kind of a new member here. I joined in 2010, it took me quite some lurking time to get warm with everyone, now it is finaly time :wink:

Dec 6, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #15,142 of 15,611
Howdy! I've lurked this forum for years, figured I may as well become a member. I've reached a point where I can invest (again) in some good gear to make my ears happy. I've been around the hobby since '91 starting with car audio then shifting to home audio. I've been fortunate to have some great tutelage along the way and have experienced quite a bit. Once the bug bites, you never get over it! Since I use headphones the majority of time, I figure there's no better place to be than here.

Dec 7, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #15,143 of 15,611
Hi everyone! Happy to be here! I got interested in headphones when I got hearing aids which made my existing headphones Sony xm4s problematic to wear due to feedback issues. So now I have the HIFIMAN Deva Pros! I have a minimalistic approach to life and audio gear is no different. I try to balance a minimal visual impact with good enough sound quality :) I'm currently exploring electronic music. Look forward to engaging with members.
Hobsonville, Auckland, New Zealand.
Presonus 3.5 BTs, Presonus sub 8, ifi Zen DAC v2, ifi hipdac2, Shanling UA2, Audiofly AF160 (like these!)

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #15,144 of 15,611
Hi guys! Dani here writing from Barcelona, Spain.
I've always had a passion for good sound and now I'm starting to be able to pay for it. It's a pleasure to join this community and enjoy with you our passion.
A pleasure to read and learn from you. Cheers!

Dec 8, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #15,146 of 15,611
Greetings from my small recording studio tucked in the mountains of North Idaho.

I've decided it's high time I put together a nice hi-fi system that is optimized for recreational headphone listening.
A setup that is OUTSIDE my studio. :beerchug:

Starting off with a Holo Bliss KTE amp as well as a Holo May KTE DAC. Working up from here.

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #15,148 of 15,611
Hello Everyone,

I'm a long time audiophile who stumbled onto this forum by discovering the entertaining and informative discussions on Schiit audio. My PSAudio dac died this year, and I fortunately had a Modi 3 hanging around in the garage to keep the tunes rolling inside. Thankfully it's a quality dac and that allows me time to figure out what I want next. The bonus was discovering I enjoyed reading articles here and hopefully to join in the future.

Cheers and happy listening!
/Waffle

Dec 10, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #15,150 of 15,611
Hello All,
I'm a new member from France.
English is not my first language, I apologise for my errors !

A fan of Sony Walkman, I had a WM-D6C some thirty years ago, so not a young member !
I have NW-A306 now and find these forums very helpfull.
I listen various syles with headphones including Sony WH-1000XM5, WF-100XM4 and a good old wired Pioneer SE-MHR5 :k701smile:.

Hoping to learn new tricks, I'm sure I'll do !

Didier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back