New Member Introductions thread
Nov 6, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #15,064 of 15,601
Hi all. Just joined this great group. I'm interested in Headphones and IEMs. Recently started with buying DACs for my music listening pleasure. I am an entrepreneur. I'm also a trained South Indian carnatic music percussion player. I play an instrument called as Mridangam. I love all types of music and enjoy listening on different types of Headphones and IEMs. Happy to be here.

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #15,065 of 15,601
Hi, i'm note realy a New headfier but it's the first Time i post some info.
I'm a french Tellement Nomad and interested by the daps iem and câble only, i tried headphone but iem gave me more sensation for now.

Nov 7, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #15,068 of 15,601
Hi, I've been reading this forum for a long time, learning about many things. Amps, DACs, Dongles, DAPs, IEMs... and I have used many recommendations from the many users here for my purchases. I am not what many would call an Audiophile, but I love music, and I particularly love music that SOUNDS good. So, thought I would join, and maybe post from time to time, but really want to say thanks for such and awesome and informative forum.

Nov 7, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #15,069 of 15,601
Hello everyone. Glad to join head-fi. My name is Hyunkook Lee and I am a professor of audio and psychoacoustics at the University of Huddersfield, UK, and the director of the Applied Psychoacoustics Lab (APL), known for spatial audio research and software tools. Although I do research in immersive audio with up to 24 speakers in my lab, I'm a headphone lover (own nearly 20 headphones) and one of my missions is to help more people experience great immersive audio over "headphones". Therefore we recently developed a new binaural rendering tool APL VIRTUOSO which allows you to listen to stereo, Atmos, and all popular multichannel setups over headphones, with customisable room simulation, custom HRTF import, and many more features: https://apl-hud.com/product/virtuoso/. Look forward to sharing and exchanging useful information and opinions about headphones, immersive audio and binaural listening experiences : )

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #15,073 of 15,601
Hello, I am new here, from New York. I've been into audio for a while now, and just made an account after reading this site for years. I am happy to be here.

Nov 10, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #15,074 of 15,601
Hi, I've finally jumped into Head-fi after using this site for the past 2 years to research opinions on DACs, speakers and cables. I've followed guidance from of the head-fi users to determine new purchases. For the past 40 years, I've been swapping out gear, some expensive, some not, in search of music that just sounds amazing. I don't like confrontation that ocurrs on many forums so I may not post frequently but will share my experiences with the gear that I own or have owned in hopes others can gain from my experience just as I've done with information gleaned from a strong Head-fi community. This is a great community and I'm honored to be part of like minded folks.
Can someone please share how this site got it's name Head-fi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back