New Member Introductions thread
Jul 19, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #14,821 of 15,539
Hey guys, new here. Decided to join to get my upgrade path figured out and to get to know some like minded people! Joining was probably an expensive decision.

Jul 21, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #14,823 of 15,539
Finally decided to stop lurking here and start participating in the forums after being registered for, what apparently is, over a decade. Been in the audio hobby for a few years now and participated some over on reddit, but now that reddit's on a very steep decline I decided to migrate here. Big fan of Beyers (with EQ) and treble-cannons in general. Glad to be here!

Jul 22, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #14,825 of 15,539
Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm from China and I always enjoy my spare time with my Grado Gs2000e, MEZE 109 Pro, AKG K712, Xelento gen 2nd and IE 800s. I also own a Lotoo PAW 6000, a Quloos Qa390 Limited Edition, and a Cayin HA-3A amplifier. Hope I can learn more things about Hi-Fi and make more friends in this forum, Thank you all.

Jul 23, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #14,826 of 15,539
hi there, I'm from the USA. Longtime lurker of head-fi when I need an option of an iem; you guys are super knowledgeable. What started as just an interest in upgrading my stock apple earpods turned into a rabbit hole of searching for the best of the best for an iem and a DAP/DAC. It is expensive I will admit but now I'm convinced the price justifies the sound quality. I don't think I can go back to my basic mp3 player and earpods anymore.

Jul 24, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #14,827 of 15,539
Greetings to all. I often come here to troubleshoot, read reviews and see whats happening in this ever evolving and sometimes expensive world. Been into audio for over 40 years and long may it continue. Cheers.

Jul 26, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #14,829 of 15,539
Heyos, I'm a new baby audiophile just trying to understand everything. I have the Focal Clear Originals, Arya Stealth V3, 64 Audio U4S, and the Moondrop Variations. I'm a reformed bass head that loves high resolving canz and iems. I'm looking for a good dac/amp combo.

So I'm looking at Questyle CMA 12's or the Fiio K9 Pro ESS. It has to have a pentaconn port on it. Currently I have a Fiio M11 Plus DAP and looking to buy something that can power most headphones and iems. Thanks!! I'm interested in any suggestions!

Jul 26, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #14,831 of 15,539
Heyos, I'm a new baby audiophile just trying to understand everything. I have the Focal Clear Originals, Arya Stealth V3, 64 Audio U4S, and the Moondrop Variations. I'm a reformed bass head that loves high resolving canz and iems. I'm looking for a good dac/amp combo.

So I'm looking at Questyle CMA 12's or the Fiio K9 Pro ESS. It has to have a pentaconn port on it. Currently I have a Fiio M11 Plus DAP and looking to buy something that can power most headphones and iems. Thanks!! I'm interested in any suggestions!
I think you might save some time and money just getting an electrostatic system.

Jul 27, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #14,833 of 15,539
Hi peeps! I'm saying hello, by the pool in Ibiza listening to my Shure SE846's with the silver custom cable from Ted Allan that I found out about in this great community and has spurred me to join in. Thanks so much for the recommendation has made my life better!!

Jul 28, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #14,834 of 15,539
New to the site wanted to say hello! Still dialing in my likes and dislikes when it comes to high end headphones. I was on vacation last week and got to try out the LCD 5, LCD-X, and Meze Elite. I loved the LCD-X and Meze Elite. If anyone has good recommendations for headphones with lots of bass, detail, instrument separation, and decent soundstage... I'm all... "ears". (Bad joke sorry). Anyways, I have some Meze 109 pros now. And use Sennheiser HD DJ 8s for DJing. And have a topping e50/l50 stack. Have a good day all!

Jul 29, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #14,835 of 15,539
Hi,
I am new here. I have read these forums for years now and decided that I might be able to contribute to this.

My main interests are: headphones, headphones amps and DACs. Of course I own loudspeakers too, but for critical listening I do prefer headphones...

My favourite brands (based on the gear I own or have owned) are: Hifiman, Audeze, Focal, ifi, Moon, Mission, Bowers and Wilkens.

I am usually not taking an active role in forums, except for reviews about Hifi Gear I have posted on Amazon, so let's see how this works out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back