New Member Introductions thread
Jul 12, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #14,808 of 15,543
Hey all, just a new member who is hoping they'll find their endgame soon...:sweat_smile:
At first I thought end game is too expensive, but I think I've found it with my current system. I just have to alternate between 2 awesome IEMs; it keeps things interesting.

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #14,810 of 15,543
New member. Best regards from Spain :darthsmile:

Jul 14, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #14,811 of 15,543
Greetings. Re-introducing myself after a long break. For various reasons, I had to move away from hi-fi for a long time... had to make do with Gen1 Sonos speakers, cheap bluetooth stuff and low-end IEMs.

When I started with hi-fi I was a student, and my biggest purchase was my HD-600s. I love them, still have them. I ran them off a FiiO DAC+Amp which eventually died. Since then, I was often running them off far lesser sources, until the last few years I didn't have much chance to use them at all, having to use other definitely-not-hi-fi sources.

Well, this week I realised as a young professional with a slightly more secure position, the Schiit Audio gear I never had the excess funds to purchase was now a more trivial purchase. I've just received my Modi+ and Vali2++ and I'm 15 minutes into listening to the HD-600s on them.

Wow. God, I forgot how good this feels. It's a frickin' religious experience. The amount of stress that melted away the first note of music I heard. So deep and rich, amazing soundstage, with details that are just... like I can just hear everything. Like I'm there. I'd forgotten, almost, just how good proper hifi sounds. And it's not like I'm even that hi-fi!

Wonderful to be back in the loop. Kind regards to all kindred spirits.

Jul 16, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #14,813 of 15,543
Jul 16, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #14,814 of 15,543
Greetings community of people passionate about music. My nickname is arsenKa and I am an old mammoth who started his way in hi-fi with classic high end equipment. Everything flows and changes like water in a sewer, that's why I'm into personal audio now. Thanks to Head- Fi for the opportunity to express my thoughts among sympathizers .

Best wishes

Jul 18, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #14,818 of 15,543
Hey everyone, thanks for approving me

I only have a pair of Beyerdynamics currently, and never had a DAC or anything like that, but I ordered my first DAC just now :)

Up until now I've mostly been lurking but I would like to take part in the forum too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back