New Member Introductions thread
Dec 30, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #14,224 of 15,646
Hello all,
I'm a long time lurker who finally became a member. I have been in this hobby for close two decades. I have loved music my entire sentient life. Sadly, due to being poor as a young adult, I only entered the world of hifi after my ears had suffered from poor insight (no ear plugs at concerts).

My current head-fi setup includes:
Sony HAP-Z1ES
RME ADI-2 DAC FS
Linear Tube Audio MZ3
Ferrum Hypsos & Oor
Hafler HA75
ZMF Atrium
ZMF Atticus
ZMF Aleous
Sony MDR-Z7
Sennheiser HD650 (my first 'real' headphones)
Campfire Cascade
Linear Tube Audio MZ2 (my first LTA, currently preamping Z10 into Zu Audio Soul Supreme for non-headphone listening).

I have owned a ton of other gear over the years which was resold to fuel this addiction. This is my current head-fi escape from the world.

Cheers to you all.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #14,225 of 15,646
Hello everybody,

I signed up for this site because I was looking for a pre-owned Anole VX and was able to purchase one on a listing here. Now it is my favorite in my collection so far. Everyone I've interacted with has been very nice so far and the classified transactions have been very smooth. I've been researching like crazy about IEMs and DAPs and seeing others opinions with their reviews/impressions and what not on this site.

I'm 90% into IEMs and portable audio over desktop gear. I like the appeal of being able to listen to hifi audio at the park or in the library. Also listening to Z1R bass while at the gym is also a nice experience. Luckily the fit is alright for my ears, just can't jog with them really.

I'm fascinated by immersive aspects of audio such as soundstage/imaging, especially holographic imaging. The MEST Mk1 was my first high end audio product, and it absolutely amazed me in this category. Sadly I had to part with it before moving to Texas. I'm also always on the search for the best IEMs for my ears with Metal/Rock/Prog music. It was really hard to find any IEMs that satisfies me with that genre, but I would say there have been a few that have been satisfactory, but I still have not been wowed like I have been with high end IEMs that suit other genres such as hip hop, edm, Acoustic, jazz, etc.

Anyways, I look forward to learning more about my ears and what sound signature caters to them best. I also look forward to trying more gear. Sadly there isn't much chances to demo IEMs here in Texas (at least not that I know of), but I'll definitely attempt to go to any Hifi conventions such as canjam, or even travel to places where Hifi is popular such as Japan or Singapore.

Thank you to everyone who has interacted with me so far and has been helpful and kind. Best of luck on your journey to end game!

Jan 1, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #14,226 of 15,646
Hello everybody and a happy new year to all of you! 🙂

I joined the forum after reading silently for some time. Currently, I am on my journey to find new (also wireless usable) headphones that match my personal taste best. Since I am not a bass head, contrary to the current fashion, this has been rather difficult so far. I know roughly what sound I'm looking for, but not where to find that kind of signature and how best to describe it in words. All I know is that I am hypersensitive on many levels (especially with smelling and hearing) and can hear minor differences quite well when listening, even if I still lack the "technical vocabulary" to express them (correctly). I hope that this will change in the long run and with your help.

Cheers,
Solveigh

Jan 1, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #14,227 of 15,646
Hello all,

I've lurked around Head-fi for some time now but never actually made an account until just now. The main reason for creating an account is because I saw a someone selling a pair of KEF LS50 Meta that I'm interested in. I've been in the audio hobby for some years now and am quite invested in headphones and speakers. I'm mostly active on reddit in r/Avexchange, under u/MrCatsoup, I've sold and bought many pairs of headphone/iem, and some speakers on there. As of now my daily headphones are the Susvara and TH900mk2 w/ ZMF Ori pads. Looking forward to interacting on this forum!

Jan 1, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #14,228 of 15,646
Hello everyone,

It's a new year and time to step up my Head-Fi game, and what better way to start than to actually join the forum I've been frequenting for some time now.

Recently picked up a pair of Edition XS, not my first planar but by far the best...so far, lets see where this hole leads.

Jan 1, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #14,229 of 15,646
Hi folks, new guy here. My current setup is AKG K712 + Fulla Schiit connected to my PC. I use these as all day headphones to keep the noise level in the room down instead of running speakers. I've had various other (cheaper) headphones, but these have been my favorite so far. I am thinking of upgrading to Anandas though as the plastic bands have cracked and they feel loose/sloppy now.
https://store.hifiman.com/clearance-sales

Jan 3, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #14,234 of 15,646
Jan 4, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #14,235 of 15,646
Hello everyone!
My name is Michelle, Misel for easier spelling for those from Indonesia. I've been looking for a place to discuss about audio stuff in general and learn how stuff works. I'm pretty new to this hobby. Currently owning three headphones (ATH M40X, DT 770 Pro, and a CCA CRA). I'm looking forward for recommendations for my future collections. Looks like I've found this place :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back