New Member Introductions thread
Sep 29, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #13,981 of 15,646
Hello! Been a bit of a lurker, reading threads for certain headphones and looking at people's recent sells, checking out the gallery, etc. Thought I'd make a profile to join in and chat about music and audio etc! With love, from Florida! :two_hearts:

Sep 30, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #13,982 of 15,646
Hello, New and Need Help, with effective setup of these Fosi components: headphone amp DAC amp, Sub amp, and another small amp I bought today. Oh, and all my speakers along with my subwoofer are Active/Powered, so that may have an effect somehow. My problem is that, with not being totally sure how these components connect together, the sound resulting from this combination is clean but very weak. I can't hear the effect of this assemblage of pieces, and it's discouraging!

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #13,983 of 15,646
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, I'm french and I live between Paris and New-York. I'm a huge fan of Bowers&Wilkins since I got the P7 and P7 wireless headphones. I used the wired P7 during 7 years and the P7 wireless at home and on the go since 3 years. I'm happy to hear they announced their new flagship, the PX8.

I was'nt a big fan of PX series and I'm looking for something well built with premium materials and good sound at home and home on the go. I don't want to use bluetooth earbuds since they're disposable even if they're very convenient.

I plan in the future to replace my headphone battery at an audio repair shop and I even downloaded the manufacturer's FCC sheets to find out the internal design of the headset.

I'm not a true "audiophile" yet but I'm improving my knowledge of the audio world thanks to your topics. I'm glad to finally join you!

Oct 1, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #13,984 of 15,646
Not brand new to the forums (lots of lurking previously), but I am starting to be more active. I usually listen to my ATH-AWKT’s and 64Audio N8’s, but I throw in the WP900’s and MDR-Z1R’s for something a little different. I don’t really use open back headphones much except for the HD-58X, but I want to save up for the ADX5000’s.

Oct 2, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #13,987 of 15,646
Hi everyone, I just decided to join this forum. Have been interested in better sounding gear for about 2 years after hearing the difference between wireless Beats and K712 Pro by AKG. Since then I collected some other stuff such as IEMs, headphones and DACs/Amps.
I'm looking forward to participate and discuss gear with anyone. Thanks, have a good day!

Oct 2, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #13,988 of 15,646
Hi everyone!

I've joined this forum after days reading lots of useful information from here. My main use for headphones is playing guitar through my Fractal FM9, Kemper or plugins like S-gear and I'm struggling to find the perfect closed headphones set for me.

Oct 3, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #13,990 of 15,646
Hi all, new to the audio world. Went through a few articles and thought about joining this forum. I currently own KZ ZST X. Ordered 7Hz Salnotes Zero today - following the hype train. :sunglasses: . I also own 1 TWS - Oppo enco air 2 pro.

Not really sure what kind of sound signature I'm more into. Trying to explore this hobby.

Few samples of my recent listen:
Tokyo Funk '22
October's theme song
Audioslave - Like a Stone
Mr. Blue Sky
Aurora - Runaway

Oct 3, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #13,991 of 15,646
Hi all

Been searching quite a bit in the forum
Would like to join in some discussion as well
I’m moving to USA next year
Seems it will be more difficult to test headphone in the states , hopefully I can find useful information from here
I wouldn't say it's more difficult. We have multiple CanJams across the country and many great Audio stores around the country that will let you demo in store.

Oct 3, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #13,992 of 15,646
Hello, my name is Logan. I love audio. However I need to sell some things to cover some unexpected expenses. I've been active in other audio chats in the past but I've been pretty quiet lately while dealing with medical issues. I hope to move past this one day and build up my audio collection again.

Oct 3, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #13,994 of 15,646
Hi, alanhuth here, new member. I actually don’t own a single pair of headphones. The last pair was Sony MDR-7506’s with BeyerDynamic pads. Lost them 5 years ago. I thought they sounded great, but I don’t know what you can expect today by comparison. I’m joining here to find out what the next steps should be to get going wtih a nice set of headphones and appropriate electronics.

Oct 4, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #13,995 of 15,646
Hi, alanhuth here, new member. I actually don’t own a single pair of headphones. The last pair was Sony MDR-7506’s with BeyerDynamic pads. Lost them 5 years ago. I thought they sounded great, but I don’t know what you can expect today by comparison. I’m joining here to find out what the next steps should be to get going wtih a nice set of headphones and appropriate electronics.
I think the industry has gotten a lot better in the last 10 years, I'd look into some planar IEMs just to catch up on the new sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back