New Member Introductions thread
Sep 17, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #13,951 of 15,646
... Started out with 5.1 DVD-A & Home Theater, got sucked into DSD, & then became another unlikely headphone enthusiast; primarily due to those DACs having headphone outputs & wanting very very tiny Magnepans :darthsmile:
I've owned a few Magnepans, and really enjoy them in the living space. They just sound so real!

Sep 17, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #13,952 of 15,646
Hi. Long time lurker, finally made an account because I bought the new Expanse and figured I'd give my comparison thoughts with a few other headphones I own...

7elXEj6.jpg

Sep 18, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #13,953 of 15,646
Hello everyone,

I introduce myself, in love with beautiful sound since an audio slap at a friend's house in 1977. The one was equipped with splendid equipment and a dedicated room. Since I stayed in this love, video home cinema added. But the audio remains the center of my subtle sensations.

I have been equipped for too long perhaps with parts dating sometimes from the 90s, perhaps too faithful. A Luxman LV103u amplifier, an Audio-Note DAC, HP Magnepan and B&W. Headphones, Hifiman HEKv2, Arya, Audio-Technica r70x, Sony mrp700 (for TV). IEM, Oracle, Tri I3, Hifiman re80S, KZ as10 and as16pro, Senf MT100pro, Cambridge bluetooth, External DAC, iFi nano Black, various Dongles, headphone amplifier FiiO K5, DAC bluetooth Qualcomm 5125. Panasonic ub820 Blu-ray player, Phillips S6 led projector. And then obviously small devices at low prices, which are multiplying, and nevertheless good surprises, that's why I left a very affordable KZ in the list. That's why I don't choose the expensive ones that are "too" expensive, often exaggerations especially in IEM. Ditto my amps and DACs from the 90s which still hold up to comparison, at least to my aging ears. For example the old Audio-Note, mid-range only yet, with an antique ad1865, it still sings. As i Try current trials? Yes. Well not enough differences! So I remain modest because satisfied. Isn't that the meaning of pleasure first ? Change makes sense if most obvious.

I am French, you forgive my necessarily translated texts, I read but do not write well enough. I am 60 years old, I have seen a few sound revolutions, nevertheless I learn every day and in particular here on this forum that I have been following for a long time. From now on I would also like to share with you, advise rarely and learn a lot.

Best regards
Olivier
(France, dep 61 orne)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #13,955 of 15,646
Hello all. New member in the Dallas area, but been lurking for several months. I’m getting a late start in the audio community at 56. I fell into it because I started playing Fortnite during Covid (so I guess I’m still young at heart!) and then started listening to music more and more. So far my setup is the FiiO K9 Pro ESS with the Focal Clear as my daily driver and HD6XX as a backup. Recently started my IEM journey will the bargain ones (Chu, CCA CRA, 7HZ Zero) and am looking forward to the next step up now to a higher tier IEM. Looking forward to learning more about the hobby and thanks in advance for your willingness to share information. I’ve learned alot already!

Sep 19, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #13,957 of 15,646
Hello, New and Need Help, with effective setup of these Fosi components: headphone amp DAC amp, Sub amp, and another small amp I bought today. Oh, and all my speakers along with my subwoofer are Active/Powered, so that may have an effect somehow. My problem is that, with not being totally sure how these components connect together, the sound resulting from this combination is clean but very weak. I can't hear the effect of this assemblage of pieces, and it's discouraging!

Sep 19, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #13,958 of 15,646
Bonjour, nouveau et besoin d'aide, avec une configuration efficace de ces composants Fosi : ampli casque, ampli DAC, sous-ampli et un autre petit ampli que j'ai acheté aujourd'hui. Oh, et tous mes haut-parleurs ainsi que mon subwoofer sont actifs/alimentés, ce qui peut avoir un effet d'une manière ou d'une autre. Mon problème est que, sans être totalement sûr de la façon dont ces composants se connectent, le son résultant de cette combinaison est propre mais très faible. Je n'entends pas l'effet de cet assemblage de pièces, et c'est décourageant !
Hello,

On your headphone amp, there may be a level setting: Low, medium, high.

Either physical outputs, for high sensitivity EMI.. and this one is naturally lower since it is for sensitive EMI (100db and more) and very effective.

Or it's the opposite you have an IEM or a very low helmet (less than 90db) which requires a lot of power...

EDIT: it would be nice if you gave your connection plan, and those who know FOSI can help you ...
😊

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #13,960 of 15,646
Hi :)
Been lurking for a while, went from entry level audio onto more exotic stuff about 2 years ago.
Into Headphones and IEMs, both for Music and Gaming or multimedia in General.

Studied and tried to learn about electrostats, very fascinating.
Love to do mods, swap pads, customize and tinker with EQ.

Sep 20, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #13,961 of 15,646
Hi all,
I started my audio journey with a DT770 32ohm a few years back. And have been happy with it. I have recently jumped on the iem rabbit hole and gotten 6 of them (Aria SE, Titan S, CRA, Chu, Soloist and Z12) I have to say there are so much unexplored in this hobby. I'm eager to try out different things to see what I like and don't. I'm also starting my research in DAC, AMP and open back headphones, but haven't got too far on this yet.

What I listen to is mostly Pop/Rock, some Canto Pop. Most of that them focus on vocals. I have also been a fan of music from artists like Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix.

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #13,962 of 15,646
Hello there, :)
Lately I decided to join this great community and I hope I can find here great reviews with lots of helpful informations. Right now I own fido m11 plus ESS with hifilman edition XS and Forza audio works cable and I find myself in search for some nice portable amp. 6 Years ago I've been using Astell&kern ak100 with Feliks Audio Espressivo E Tube amp and HiFiMan HE-400 (also with Forza audio works cables and it was such a nice combo :) ...I almost feel sad that I had to sell it :frowning2: ....but now I'm happy again with my m11 + XS :)

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #13,963 of 15,646
Hi :)
Been lurking for a while, went from entry level audio onto more exotic stuff about 2 years ago.
Into Headphones and IEMs, both for Music and Gaming or multimedia in General.

Studied and tried to learn about electrostats, very fascinating.
Love to do mods, swap pads, customize and tinker with EQ.
You should look into the Shure KSE1200 electrostatic IEMs. 🤯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back