New Member Introductions thread
Jun 12, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #13,681 of 15,646
Jun 13, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #13,685 of 15,646
Hey all...Just joined the community because of the audiophile bug that bit me and bought some planars IEM's and OE headphones.
Looking to join community from which I can learn and go deeper into this rabbit hole :)
Planars are great, but electrostatics are next level detail. 🙂👍

Jun 14, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #13,686 of 15,646
Hello all, for years I was fine with listening to 320kbps MP3 or FLAC music on random mass-produced devices and even if I was interested in some "Hi-Fi-related" topics for an outsider it's hard to grasp the core ideas and differentiate from snobbery... :smile:

Then I went down into the rabbit hole in a similar area (specialty coffee) and recently I bought a Sony WM-D6C, so I thought maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised with this community as well. Ordered a Porta Pro for the walkman and planning to dust off my electrical knowledge to build a CMoy amp.

Cheers!

Jun 14, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #13,688 of 15,646
Hello new member here. Started the audiophile journey a couple years ago and decided to make another step by registering
One tip from a long time audiophile: when you find something that you like, don't just buy variations of that one thing. Branch out into dramatically different things, to have a wide spectrum of different gear. By going from one end of the spectrum to the other, you will appreciate what you have more and will reduce the need to constantly buy more gear.

Jun 14, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #13,689 of 15,646
One tip from a long time audiophile: when you find something that you like, don't just buy variations of that one thing. Branch out into dramatically different things, to have a wide spectrum of different gear. By going from one end of the spectrum to the other, you will appreciate what you have more and will reduce the need to constantly buy more gear.
Thanks for the advice. I actually own the kse1500 and Im happy with them. Happy with my open backs and now Im starting to play with closed backs for commuting (iems hurt me after a couple hours of listening)

Jun 14, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #13,691 of 15,646
Hello everyone, just joined :slight_smile:, listening to music has been a huge part of my life for most of my life but it is only(ironically) only recently that i have garnered an interest into the nitty gritty of audio gear. Hoping i can get some questions answered on here so my audiophilia journey goes as well as possible!

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #13,692 of 15,646
I wanted to jump in and say hi. I'm happy to be here. I decided about a week ago that I've been listening to these cheap $20 PC speakers too much. I ordered a Schiit Bifrost 2 + Asgard 3 + Sennheiser 650 based off of listening to lots of reviews in forums and videos. I've never actually heard any of this equipment, but I'm hoping that it lives up to my expectations. I mostly listen to rock, but I do vary often. I'm hoping this first equipment has as good of sound as I've heard and is non-fatiguing to listen to.

My next steps might be an equalizer if necessary. If I decide a headphone upgrade or 2nd pair is necessary, I was also looking at Focal. However, all of that depends on my impressions of this first gear!

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #13,693 of 15,646
I wanted to jump in and say hi. I'm happy to be here. I decided about a week ago that I've been listening to these cheap $20 PC speakers too much. I ordered a Schiit Bifrost 2 + Asgard 3 + Sennheiser 650 based off of listening to lots of reviews in forums and videos. I've never actually heard any of this equipment, but I'm hoping that it lives up to my expectations. I mostly listen to rock, but I do vary often. I'm hoping this first equipment has as good of sound as I've heard and is non-fatiguing to listen to.

My next steps might be an equalizer if necessary. If I decide a headphone upgrade or 2nd pair is necessary, I was also looking at Focal. However, all of that depends on my impressions of this first gear!
Have not heard the 650 but you can't go wrong with Schiit...if you like the 650 think about getting an after market cable for it, something like Forzaworks...

Jun 15, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #13,694 of 15,646

If you can cancel some of your orders, then you can save some money and get the Drop Sennheiser HD6xx for $199, but for a limited time only, too:

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

Also and further sorry for your wallet, if you plan to use the XLR outs on the Bifrost 2 for studio monitors, then consider getting the Kali Audio LP-6 2nd wave for a great price here:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...jDk3V_3tG6IQuSq0rylQOPETIS5YGTvFJgYbwuZdHBwQE

Jun 15, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #13,695 of 15,646
If you can cancel some of your orders, then you can save some money and get the Drop Sennheiser HD6xx for $199, but for a limited time only, too:

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

Also and further sorry for your wallet, if you plan to use the XLR outs on the Bifrost 2 for studio monitors, then consider getting the Kali Audio LP-6 2nd wave for a great price here:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...jDk3V_3tG6IQuSq0rylQOPETIS5YGTvFJgYbwuZdHBwQE
What he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back