New Member Introductions thread
Jun 2, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #13,636 of 15,646
Hello colleagues.

I am writing to you while listening to the album by Markus Stockhausen, Arild Andersen and Vangelis Katsoulis, entitled Across Mountains, which has been released very recently and also I think it has been the last work in which the mythical and legendary Vangelis has collaborated.

Greetings and happy day.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #13,637 of 15,646
Hi everyone! I have been in the hobby for a couple years, but I never really participated in any forums until now. Might as well tell a bit of my journey so far!

Before getting my first audiophile headphone (Sennheiser HD58X), I used cheap headphones and earbuds because I needed something to listen to other than phone/computer speakers. I never thought about how it sounded. As long as it played music and was comfortable, I was good! To be honest, it did take me quite some time to adjust to the 58X. But, when I switched back to my old stuff, I couldn't listen to them anymore and threw them away. Down the rabbit hole I go!

A few months after, I bought the HD600, as I wanted something more "refined" sounding. I enjoyed it so much that I gave away the 58X to a friend. While using my 600's, I explored different musical genres and bought a few IEMs (Etymotic ER2SE, Tanchjim Ola, Final B2). During that time, I became a bit more open-minded on different sound signatures and eventually discovered what I liked (for now :laughing:).

That leads to just recently, when I got the AKG K701, which I just love! And now here I am on Head-Fi! I am excited to discuss audio with all of you, and see what cool gear you have!

Jun 2, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #13,638 of 15,646
That leads to just recently, when I got the AKG K701, which I just love! And now here I am on Head-Fi! I am excited to discuss audio with all of you, and see what cool gear you have!
The AKG K701s are great and very comfortable. Despite having multiple headphones and IEMs that are multiples the price of the them, I still like to hear what music sounds like on the AKG K702s because it's a detailed spacious sound that really exposes what's going on.

Jun 5, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #13,642 of 15,646
hey, i am mike. i am a dj/music producer under the alias Monochord. i do that since 2000 and i was always a headphone nerd and sound collector. long time on the fb group but finally managed to get in on the forums since here i can get more infos. have a good one

Jun 6, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #13,644 of 15,646
I'm not sure if I'm going to stick around. I might, but I mostly just want to find recommendations on new headphones since my current ones are breaking, and I'm tired of buying headphones that break.

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #13,646 of 15,646
Hi everyone! I have been in the hobby for a couple years, but I never really participated in any forums until now. Might as well tell a bit of my journey so far!

Before getting my first audiophile headphone (Sennheiser HD58X), I used cheap headphones and earbuds because I needed something to listen to other than phone/computer speakers. I never thought about how it sounded. As long as it played music and was comfortable, I was good! To be honest, it did take me quite some time to adjust to the 58X. But, when I switched back to my old stuff, I couldn't listen to them anymore and threw them away. Down the rabbit hole I go!

A few months after, I bought the HD600, as I wanted something more "refined" sounding. I enjoyed it so much that I gave away the 58X to a friend. While using my 600's, I explored different musical genres and bought a few IEMs (Etymotic ER2SE, Tanchjim Ola, Final B2). During that time, I became a bit more open-minded on different sound signatures and eventually discovered what I liked (for now :laughing:).

Yes, definitely down the rabbit hole. :k701smile:

But I can think of many much worse places to be. Say, how do you feel the ER2SE and the HD600 compare? I read a review in Amazon saying that they have very similar sound signatures. I love my ER2SE, by the way.

Jun 8, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #13,650 of 15,646
Hi!

Long time lurker, like to come here and read people's opinions about cans. It seems I often get around to shop for some, and always end up deciding against it because I just don't know, am a bit afraid of getting into a new rabbit hole as well TBH.

I've also been... aaah... well-served with the one I own - HD 558. But will be picking your brains soon enough for advice. This time around I'm really into it for a purchase and I'd just like it to make sense for me, which I'm in no position, audiophile or otherwise, to tell even from the best of reviews.

Don't think I can personally bring this forum much, but after a very short deliberation, I elected that here is the right and only place I can imagine getting help into a much smarter decision than on my own. Hope you'll forgive me for such a blatant use of your resources that I can't ever be sure I could repay some amount of at any length. I'll try to any way I can though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back