New Member Introductions thread
May 25, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #13,606 of 15,605
Hello 😊

My name is Robert, I'm a bit younger but I've been loving my journey here as I've been trying to find the closest thing to the perfect pair of tws earbuds for me. There's been a number of suggestions I never would have found without this forum, and I wanted the ability to start responding with my own thoughts and questions on this awesome website 😄.

May 25, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #13,607 of 15,605
Good evening, my name is Delpo74 and I am writing to you from Madrid (Spain).

I am more of the hi-fi world but I have always been very interested in headphones, among my possessions (Denon AH-D7000, Sennheiser HD600, Sendy Aiva and B&W P7, apart from a pair of Mee Pinnacle P1 and Fiio FH5 iems)

I hope to continue learning and contribute my grain of sand to this very special forum.

Regards.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #13,608 of 15,605
Been trading on reddit for a while, and wanted to expand into IEMs. Currently using the Shuoer S12, and that has kind of kicked off my IEM addiction!

May 26, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #13,609 of 15,605
Hello headfi

Orangutan here with the experience of following headphones. Feel free to ask my fairly newbie opinions on the following stuff

Headphones:

• AKG K7XX
  • AKG K712
  • Hyper X Cloud 2
  • Modhouse Argons MK3
  • Sennheiser HD 6XX
  • Sennheiser HD 58X
  • Sennheiser HD 660s
  • Audeze LCD 2C
  • Meze Neo
  • Koss Porta Pro
  • Koss KPH 30i
  • Focal Elegia
  • DCA Aeon 2 Closed
  • Harmonic Dyne Zues
  • Hedd Audio Heddphone
Amps & Dacs

• Fiio Q1 Mkii
  • Atom
  • Schiit Modi + Magni
  • Ifi Hip-Dac
  • Topping A30 pro + D30 pro

Iems:
  • Tin T2
  • Tin P1
  • Blon Bl03
  • ThieAudio Legacy 5
  • Moondrop Aria
  • Apple Air pods pro

Been trading on reddit for a while, and wanted to expand into IEMs. Currently using the Shuoer S12, and that has kind of kicked off my IEM addiction!

May 26, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #13,610 of 15,605
Was quoting a few posts intentional? Seems like you forgot to include your message if so :sweat_smile:

May 26, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #13,611 of 15,605
@rarkOr welcome to the club. Its defeinetly addicting so watch the pocket book which is easier said then done. I don't have much experience with IEMS. I did just get a new phone that has a really solid dac built in,. If you come across any IEMs That are somewhere between Musical and Neutral with a bit of a bass kick without being bloomy hit me up. Thanx

May 27, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #13,614 of 15,605
Hello - I'm Haemish from Northern VA, USA. Feels kind of weird to be a "newbie" on a major forum here, after being active in so many other places online for so long. Ah well, everybody's got to start somewhere, right?

Most of my audio interest is in Sony ES, FiiO, and S.M.S.L. - but I'm always curious to read and learn new things in the audiophile space. I've been particularly active on the FiiO-philes club group on Facebook for the past year and a half, as I have become quite a fanatic of many of their products.

May 27, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #13,616 of 15,605
Hi all, I am down in the rabbit hole once again with this hobby. Planning to get a HD-800s as an upgrade to my HD6xx. I'm using Modius/Magnius stack and looking for more fidelity on step at a time.

May 27, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #13,617 of 15,605
Hi all, I am down in the rabbit hole once again with this hobby. Planning to get a HD-800s as an upgrade to my HD6xx. I'm using Modius/Magnius stack and looking for more fidelity on step at a time.
Welcome back to the rabbit hole its nice and cozy down here. Have you though about upgrading your schiit stack. Its a great stack no doubt but you could get an upgrade in sound for not to much more money. What style of audio do you like neutral, colored sound, dynamics, sound stage, or instrument separation. IF you are looking for suggestions on gear the people in this community are kind and know their stuff.

May 28, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #13,618 of 15,605
Welcome back to the rabbit hole its nice and cozy down here. Have you though about upgrading your schiit stack. Its a great stack no doubt but you could get an upgrade in sound for not to much more money. What style of audio do you like neutral, colored sound, dynamics, sound stage, or instrument separation. IF you are looking for suggestions on gear the people in this community are kind and know their stuff.
Thanks for the welcome Enoji. I plan to get the Lokius to get more flavor from my HD6xx without spending too much, but the thrill of getting new toys are oh so tempting.

I'm lucky that since my apartment walls are quite thick, I can enjoy my Klipsch speaker during the day, while the headphone is mainly for night gaming session (single player mostly, ie Elden Ring), YouTube music video, music from Amazon Music Unlimited, and movie streaming.

I think my audio style is quite varied, not defined and I look for different things depending on the mood, but for sure no heavy heavy bass. For example: Nightwish for symphonic rock (Dark chest of wonders - drum and vocal), pop songs, country Collin Raye for the feel, maritime songs like Santiano from the band Santiano. Audio from my stacks are quite neutral, thus I want a Lokius to test out the water, to change the flavor without needing to buy another headphone. Perhaps because I only have the 6xx so I don't know what's out there. Your suggestions are most welcome.

May 28, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #13,619 of 15,605
Hello,
Was a member in 2004 I guess.I learnt that we could get amplifiers for headphones from this forum way back then.Got busy with work and my involvement with audio equipment and listening to music took a back seat.With things slowing down now,I do find some time to listen to music occassionally.Gone are those days of CD players.With Chinese audio equipment flooding the market,you can get really good ones for less money.Now with smartphones and these usb dongles it's even crazier!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back