New Member Introductions thread
Apr 25, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #13,531 of 15,646
The headphones that cause ears to get hot are usually the ones with leather or similar material pads.
Have you tried ones with velour pads, like Senheiser HD5xx/6xx series or Beyerdynamic ones ?
Besides this, there are many after market pads of different materials nowadays, so you don't have to stick with stock ones if you don't like them.

About high-end audio looking quite bad for the wallet, that is true, but the satisfaction is equally high so definetely worth it in my opinion !

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #13,533 of 15,646
Hi, I'm a long time headphone addict but for some reason never thought about joining a forum. So here it is. I'm a Focal and Abyss fan and own Utopias, Stellias, Radiance and Diana V2s. As an IEM I have Ultimate Ears Pro 16s. Amp wise I run them via a Naim Unity Atom HE, RME Adi-2 Pro and Mojo. Saving up for my dream of a Mola Mola Tambaqui and a Woo Wa33 some day...

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #13,534 of 15,646
Hi, I have been a member of this outstanding Forum for some months now, but have never proper introduced my self.
I am a 46 year old Male from Zealand Denmark.
My hobbies are PC & Audio.
I do not have very fancy equipment: A new HP Laptop(4500DKR)+Headphones: Jbl Club One(2400DKR)+PC Speakers Bose 20 Companion(2000DKR on sale).
I like good audio quality(lossless or better), I have about 168.000 ALAC, FLAC & Hi-Res Files on 2 HDD External Seagate Drives.
Audio Players/Streamers: Audirvana Studio+Roon+JRMC+AIMP+Foobar2000+Strawberry Music Player & MusicBee.
Services: Apple Music+Qobuz Premier & Tidal Hi Fi Plus.
I am very happy to be a part of this forum, I hope I can learn a lot
Thanks.

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #13,536 of 15,646
Hi, I have been a member of this outstanding Forum for some months now, but have never proper introduced my self.
I am a 46 year old Male from Zealand Denmark.
My hobbies are PC & Audio.
I do not have very fancy equipment: A new HP Laptop(4500DKR)+Headphones: Jbl Club One(2400DKR)+PC Speakers Bose 20 Companion(2000DKR on sale).
I like good audio quality(lossless or better), I have about 168.000 ALAC, FLAC & Hi-Res Files on 2 HDD External Seagate Drives.
Audio Players/Streamers: Audirvana Studio+Roon+JRMC+AIMP+Foobar2000+Strawberry Music Player & MusicBee.
Services: Apple Music+Qobuz Premier & Tidal Hi Fi Plus.
I am very happy to be a part of this forum, I hope I can learn a lot
Thanks.
Old Zealand in da house!!! woot woot!

J/K lol, I'm new here too, originally from jersey, the new one in east coast USA, been out in AZ for several years and having a lot of fun with this hobby again after being big into audio when I was a kid but then sidelining the hobby for most of my adult life

Apr 29, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #13,537 of 15,646
Hello, I'm Nico, a 24yo guitarist and graphic designer from Italy.
I decided to join as "suggested" by the youtuber DankPods and because I thought this could be a good place to find help for the everlasting quest of finding good headphones without blowing a hole in my wallet.

Apr 30, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #13,539 of 15,646
Hello all,

While I’ve been lurking around here for a while and other forums, I’m not exactly someone who’s a huge audiophile. Just recently getting back into it, but not gonna break my wallet too much (hopefully) because I still have financial responsibilities (unfortunately). :)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #13,540 of 15,646
Thank you for allowing me to join your community, I have been an audiphile and music lover for years ( I am 75 this year ) and my musical tastes are totally eclectic, from Bob Skaggs to Bach and anything else along the way, I have been a valve amp lover for years and designed and built numerouse sets of loudspeakers for myself and other people, unfortunately last year after my second bout of cancer I have lost a lot of hearing ( caused by nerve damage after radiation therapy ) so I now have to use headphones, this is a small price to pay when you think of the other outcome. I use Ashampoo Sound stage 2020, through a duca audio DAC and one audio headphones, I use this set up to play CD's and streamed music from several site's on my computer, I use a Realtech sound card, and windows ssc. I look forward to hearing from other users who have hearing problems and what they have done so that they can still enjoy music, Regards Mike Barnard, AKA croydon fly boy.

May 2, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #13,543 of 15,646
Hey folks, joining here as I've started what is hopefully a small journey into upgrading from my E-Mu Teaks and wanted to check in on things. Already tried the MDR-Z1R and am not into them so next steps are either ZMF Atticus, Klipsch HP-3, or Denon D9200.

May 2, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #13,544 of 15,646
Hey folks, joining here as I've started what is hopefully a small journey into upgrading from my E-Mu Teaks and wanted to check in on things. Already tried the MDR-Z1R and am not into them so next steps are either ZMF Atticus, Klipsch HP-3, or Denon D9200.
Welcome! All nice headphones...I've owned all 4, kept the Denon and the Sony. Have fun on the journey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back