New Member Introductions thread
Apr 4, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #13,486 of 15,610
Hi! I'm Ceph Digital and I recently got a Hifiman HE-X4 and iFi Zen stack so I'm getting ready to go further into the rabbit hole!

I'm also into 3D printers (made my own custom VORON Trident) and custom keyboards (Keychron Q1 with Kailh Box Royals + Box Jades w/ 75g lubed Sprit springs)

Apr 4, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #13,487 of 15,610
Hello, I'm Gjeven (Pronounced Jeh-van). I started out like most people with Sennheiser Headphones. I had first bought a pair of Sennheiser HD580 20+ years ago, and upgraded to HD600's and a Objective 02 Amp/Dac, which I used for a long time. Recently I got the urge to get an upgrade in headphones and bought the Hifiman Sundara, for the improved bass. I love the headphones but soon learned that after wearing the headphones for an extended period my ears would heat up to an uncomfortable level. So I did what any normal person would do, I upgraded again to Focal Clear OG headphones with a Topping A30pro/D30 pro stack. I think I am set for awhile, but have been hearing a lot of good things about Meze Empyreans and the Susvara, hehe.

Apr 5, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #13,489 of 15,610
I love the headphones but soon learned that after wearing the headphones for an extended period my I think I am set for awhile, but have been hearing a lot of good things about Meze Empyreans and the Susvara, hehe.
I have owned quite a few over ear headphones, and was planning on getting the Empyreans, but in comparisons people were saying that what I already had was very similar. So instead of getting another variation of a fullsize headphone, I decided to jump into the IEM game, and found that I was really missing out. The IEMs that are available today are quite amazing!

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #13,491 of 15,610
I have owned quite a few over ear headphones, and was planning on getting the Empyreans, but in comparisons people were saying that what I already had was very similar. So instead of getting another variation of a fullsize headphone, I decided to jump into the IEM game, and found that I was really missing out. The IEMs that are available today are quite amazing!
You'd make a great Drug Dealer! Just kidding :)

Apr 7, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #13,493 of 15,610
Hi - longish time viewer, first ish time actually reading the rules. So, trying to build up some posts and most likely a significant majority will be of the 'oh god what did I do now' variety. Case in point getting some popping noises from a THX 789 into some new Beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro's, which I'm really loving otherwise and praying I haven't shortened the lifespan of by running both balanced and unbalanced headphones at once. Also have some Hifiman 400i 2020's that I really like. Current upgraditis conditions revolve around hybrid tube amps (and non-tube) under 400, suggestions always welcome. Have looked at the Valhalla, Massdrop Cavalli, and uDuoo (which I've seen also has a popping thing going on. I've also recently gotten a hold of an LG V40, which is so far very cool as a DAP only. Take care

Apr 8, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #13,494 of 15,610
. Case in point getting some popping noises from a THX 789 into some new Beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro's, which I'm really loving otherwise and praying I haven't shortened the lifespan of by running both balanced and unbalanced headphones at once.
Pretty sure you're only supposed to plug one headphone in at a time.

If the amplifier has two identical headphone outputs, then you can run two headphones simultaneously, but otherwise just one at a time.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #13,495 of 15,610
Hi, Yan here. Just recently got back into actually listening and enjoying music. i was into the whole "audiophile" craze during college. I remembered my first real system was a Rotel CDP and Amp with a pair of mission floorstanders (cheapo package for us poor college students) and further down the road upgraded to an Arcam system with a QEF monitors..those were sweet! Then I graduated and life happens and resorted to listening music in my car and mp3 player..and 20 years forward, got a HD6xx with a Fiio K5 amp, and then it started again :beyersmile: now "mid-life" happens hahaa..anyways good to be here with all of ya!

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #13,496 of 15,610
Hi all. Just wanted to introduce myself here. I've been using this place, and many many others, for a resource. For a long time now. And it's way beyond time I started to post on here. I'm actually mainly into speakers. But do like iem's and am very interested in buying a nice pair of HP for myself finally too. But I need to learn what's what a little better first. I'm also very interested in DAC's and digital/computer audio. I'm in the middle of building an Intel NUC right now actually.

And I'm going to make it a bit of an audio machine. I've already got a couple of music servers, and a Pro-ject Streambox S2 Ultra. As well as a few other streamers also. But I'm looking to get something that will play YouTube videos and sound great at the same time. So I'm going to cobble a little something together without going crazy on the cash that will hopefully at least come close to the Streambox.

Alright so yea that's my deal I guess. I always feel awkward doing this. So I'll stop there. And just say thanks to everyone here for the great resource. And I hope you all have a great weekend. ✌️

Apr 12, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #13,498 of 15,610
Hello my name is Alex, 34 years old, i have a headphone amp Pathos Aurium with a Grado GS1000 and recently i add a French linear power supply « Reddo Audio ».
I was on head-fi a few years back but i lost my username and mail, so i suscribe again espicially to get some advices for a questyle fifteen on a system with speaker and power amp or holoaudio spring 3.

Pleasure to talk with you on this forum!
regards Alex

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #13,500 of 15,610
Dear all,i wrote since many years in mainly hifi forum and my first hifi system i had in 1973,at the age of 13 years old
I always read Head-fi,really the only one and best earphones forum.
In last years/months i am crazy for top iem and dap,so i am very happy to become a member of this very nice comunity
Thanks to all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back