New Member Introductions thread
Dec 4, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #13,156 of 15,646
...o Yes, one's whole life is trying to make something better. Then he finds that it's better and can be even better.
You don't have enough money and you put it off and wait for the opportunity.
Listening to music is a very time consuming hobby. You need movement :)
The collection of recordings is limited and listening over and over is not optimal.
I admit that I have internet radio and I spend a lot of time with it and at the same time I know a lot of new ones and I can still do something .... very nice :)
I like listen to music, hiking around and moments with my grandson. My main listening chain is:
PC Foobar - ( iFi nano iUSB3.0 - SINGXCER F1 / USB) - MH-DA005 - ACCUPHASE P-3000 - DIY Avalon Opus (all powered via isolating transformer 3500W@235V).

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #13,158 of 15,646
Hey everybody! Retired home bound guy who like many types of music, some audiophile and PC games. I'm no pro at either and enjoy learning, and help where I can.

Dec 5, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #13,160 of 15,646
Hey everybody! Retired home bound guy who like many types of music, some audiophile and PC games. I'm no pro at either and enjoy learning, and help where I can.
What is your listening setup?

Dec 5, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #13,161 of 15,646
Dec 6, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #13,163 of 15,646
Hi, I am elder67 & new here... Been into buying Headphones, Amp & Dac gear for approx 6 -12 months. My journey in high end audio began with the desire to end up with 2 headphones and amp & dac that i could honestly say was my end game setup. I believe i have now reached that goal. I have settled on the Burson 3X amp & dac, Focal Utopia and LCD-4. The sound is absolutely amazing. It took quite a bit of money and experimenting with other headphones to finally reach this point. I have checked out this forum and like what i read. I can learn a lot. I would love to get one more amp/dac to easily run these 2 headphone as well as whatever headphone i find that is comparable to these 2 headsets. Thanks for the add.

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #13,164 of 15,646
Hi guys, I'm new to the headphone and audiophile game. My dad has been into high end audio equipment since he was in college in the 80s and he started giving me some of his old equipment, but I don't want to disturb my neighbors with the speakers so I decided to get into headphones for now. I just picked up a Schiit stack and the HD 6XX and I'm loving it so far!

Dec 7, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #13,165 of 15,646
Hi, I had been a lurker for a while, bought the HD 650 and nuforce icon hdp years ago. Then life happened and had to attend to other priorities (mainly kids). Hoping to come back and spend some quality time back with my music. In the process of getting the empyrean and will likely upgrade the dac/amp as well. Trying to explain this to my wife is challenging!

Dec 9, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #13,166 of 15,646
Also new here..

Hi,
My name is Daniel and I'm a Headphone(IEM for now) Addict too :). So as I wrote I have some IEMs, but since I live with my mum and brother in a little house I can't buy open back headphones, so I chose to use IEMs.
I have:
  • Tri I3 Pro
  • Tri Starsea
  • KZ ZSN PRO X
  • Tripowin TC 01
  • Hungarian AMP called " BKercso S100A" it has the power of the Schiit Magni, but because they make it here it's import tax free.
  • Sonata HD Pro as a DAC

Dec 9, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #13,167 of 15,646
Long time watcher, first time writing blah blah blah. Lurked the forum for years but finally decided to join.
Current fav headphone setup: Focal Clear with Monolith Liquid Platinum.
Other headphones I currently have (not a list of recommendations, some of them I keep around to remind me what bad headphones sound like):
  • Focal Elegia
  • AKG K240
  • Sennheiser HD 6XX
  • Sennheiser HD6
  • Hifiman HE400
  • Ollo s4x
  • Beyerdynamics DT770 80 ohm
  • Mackie MC-250
  • Grado SR-80e
  • Moondrop Starfield IEMs
  • Moondrop Aria IEMs
  • Fiio FH7 IEMs
  • Tin T2 IEMs
I'm pretty happy with my current setup and while I enjoy learning about the science of sound, I mostly view all of this as a means to an end. I want to spend more time listening to music than I do fretting about frequency response and total harmonic distortion haha

Dec 10, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #13,169 of 15,646
Re-introduction here I guess was out of the head/in ears phone game for long time been us by the below for many years and they are still with me.
IEMs
Westone UM-PRO 50 (the first iteration/original westones)
JH Lola Universal (first iteration)
DAP: Onkyo DP-X1

Think all are like 4-5 years old...

Was happy with that for many years until well Tidal no longer support the old Android that X1 is using so looked for newer DAP then began the slippery slope

Am now if hifi with preference for R2R DAC so went ahead n got the HiBy RS6. AWESOME.

Also got dongles for the phone incase I don't bring the DAP out Fiio BTH5 & Cayin Ru6

Got some IEMs too add to collection lol complement the onesi have & went with different technology:
Audeze Euclid
Shure KSE 1200

Took a plunge and got a HifiMan Shangri-La jr lol as well end game...

Dec 10, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #13,170 of 15,646
Long time watcher, first time writing blah blah blah. Lurked the forum for years but finally decided to join.
Current fav headphone setup: Focal Clear with Monolith Liquid Platinum.
Other headphones I currently have (not a list of recommendations, some of them I keep around to remind me what bad headphones sound like):
  • Focal Elegia
  • AKG K240
  • Sennheiser HD 6XX
  • Sennheiser HD6
  • Hifiman HE400
  • Ollo s4x
  • Beyerdynamics DT770 80 ohm
  • Mackie MC-250
  • Grado SR-80e
  • Moondrop Starfield IEMs
  • Moondrop Aria IEMs
  • Fiio FH7 IEMs
  • Tin T2 IEMs
I'm pretty happy with my current setup and while I enjoy learning about the science of sound, I mostly view all of this as a means to an end. I want to spend more time listening to music than I do fretting about frequency response and total harmonic distortion haha
I love my Fiio FH7. I tried other IEMs, but nothing suited me as much as these. One of the few earphones/headphones I'll keep permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back