New Member Introductions thread
Aug 17, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #12,842 of 15,609
Hi everyone. I've read a lot here but only just joined. I'll be honest, what drove me to join is I'm hoping for some headphone advise, and it seems like the perfect place to ask my question, and discuss all things headphones.

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #12,845 of 15,609
Hi everyone! I've been reading threads in the forum for a long while. Hope to join the discussions soon.

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #12,848 of 15,609
Greetings to all. I am a new member but have been a lurker for about 9 months. I am personally not a big headphone user... why would I join a forum such as this then? Mostly for the Schiit blogs!

My audio gear is a mishmash of quite old and quite new but my main system is a Windows PC running Roon > Sonos Port > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Hafler 945 Preamp > Hafler 9180 Power Amplifier > Zu Omen Dirty Weekend loudspeakers

Aug 20, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #12,852 of 15,609
Greetings, I'm just a random lurker before fully joined. this site has been helpful a lot whenever I was looking for reference & reviews on headphone. my gears is just a mess (a fairly abused Yamaha AG03 mixer that I repurposed as DAC + Superlux HD660). but I just love the sound even though its far from perfect. I have a soft spot for budget equipments & chi-fi stuffs.

Nice to meet you all.

Aug 20, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #12,853 of 15,609
Hey everyone! I picked up this absurd hobby over the past year as result of equal parts pandemic lockup and terrible skies (which prevent me from using all my astronomy gear). I'm an open-and-honest basshead, but I also appreciate that this is not the flavor of all music and have really enjoyed falling back in love with so many genres that have not entertained my tastes for over a decade. Like everyone else here (I assume) the love of gear has been a big part of my interest as well, and exploring all of these different sound signatures from my headphones and amps and DACs has really helped with this renewed love of music outside just the electronic genres.

I look forward to finally getting involved with this community too, as Astronomy has really been my only hobby-level interest for 7-8 years now.

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #12,854 of 15,609
Hello everyone.
I was pointed here based on my Reddit post looking for a Schiit Eitr. There's a listing in the classifieds for one - hoping to get PM privileges before it sells out.
I really love my Schiit stack and always looking to make it crazier, right now it's a Wyrd -> Modi 3 -> Sys (switch between the Modi and LP-120 as inputs) -> Loki -> Sys (switch between the Magni and Kanto Yumi 2 as outputs) -> Magni 2. My headphones of choice are the LCD-X, AD-2000X and DT-770 Pro for closed backs.

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #12,855 of 15,609
Hello everyone.
I was pointed here based on my Reddit post looking for a Schiit Eitr. There's a listing in the classifieds for one - hoping to get PM privileges before it sells out.
I really love my Schiit stack and always looking to make it crazier, right now it's a Wyrd -> Modi 3 -> Sys (switch between the Modi and LP-120 as inputs) -> Loki -> Sys (switch between the Magni and Kanto Yumi 2 as outputs) -> Magni 2. My headphones of choice are the LCD-X, AD-2000X and DT-770 Pro for closed backs.
IIRC, I was able to PM right away upon registering. Have you tried? Welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back