New Member Introductions thread
Jun 16, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #12,650 of 15,646
Hi everyone!

I’m new here and to the hobby in general, my modest collection currently consists of some vintage AKGs (k240 sextett 600ohm and k340), but I’m planning to buy an audeze in the near future, probably the lcd2c but I’m not in a hurry so I’ll see if I can get a good deal on an lcd-x first!

Jun 16, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #12,651 of 15,646
Hey, i have been reading on this forum for a while and i have learned alot, i also think that i could perhaps contribute some experience as well.
Iam a live engineer and relatively new to the industry coming from a audiophile background. I mostly work FoH and iam active in several countries as i like to be a bit of a nomad.

My audiophile setup is all about making the most out of budget equipment as my line of work isnt the most profitable in my part of the world.

For now i will continue to be a silent reader unless i have something particularly insightful to share as summer is my busiest season.

Jun 16, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #12,652 of 15,646
Also I wanted to know if any of you here have tried the Grado sr125x. I’ve read in the Grado Fan Club here about the other models, but no one seems to have used the one I mentioned :frowning2: I’m choosing between the sr80x and the sr125x. What do you think? Thanks by the way
The 125 was my first Grado many years ago and I really liked them. They were a little light in the bass department, but the mids and highs were great. I haven't had any experience with the later models but I recently bought the 325x and I really like it so far. If Grado has improved the rest of the prestige line like they have the 325x , I think the 125x should sound pretty good.

Jun 16, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #12,653 of 15,646
Hello everyone.

I've been a lurker for a couple of months on this website and just decided to join. I've been listening to music my whole life but only now I decided to invest in better equipment. It all started as an inpulse buy on Fidelio X3 and now, here I am, down the rabit hole. Shortly after I learned about IEMs and now it's all I've been using, 95% of the time. I'm also starting to adress the earbuds world.

I'm now looking for Thieaudio Oracle, Sundara and a couple of earbuds for future upgrades. Might also buy some Sony XM4 for the ANC on commutes.

My main goal on this forum is to find new information and Music!

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #12,654 of 15,646
Hey everybody,

Here goes my first post. I just recently got re-introduced into the audiophile world by my best friend. He’s more of a headphone guy and I’m an IEM man. Anyways, he bought an ifi Hip DAC and convinced me to get one as well. Then after many reviews, I got the Moondrop Starfield. I guess not too shabby for my first IEMs. Now I’m in deep watching/reading reviews and am leaning toward the Campfire Audio Polaris II for my second IEMs. Also looking into the Sennheiser HD560s or HD6XX as a good over the ear headphone (I have a Sennheiser 555 that I’m retrieving from work this weekend).

Who knows where this rabbit hole will lead, but honestly, it’s going to be a fun journey.

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #12,655 of 15,646
Ive been here for a bit but i just wanted to say hi again! And who else owns the fiio m5? I seem to be the only one that i know.

Jun 17, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #12,657 of 15,646
Hey everyone, relatively new audiophile here. Got my first pair of 6xx's 4 years ago and finally decided to invest in a good dac and amp (d50s + sp200) upgrade from a Schiit fulla. Been looking for a good pair of iems that I won't have to replace in the foreseeable future. Tried the se846s but bass was too heavy for me among other issues. Currently trying to find a good deal on the CA Solarises atm. But glad to finally fall into the deep end!

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #12,658 of 15,646
Howdy Howdy, I've been a lurker for a few months and have really enjoyed the learning experience getting into better quality audio gear, through what little I have acquired I'm driving a SMSL-SU9>THX-887>EQ'd HD800 for desktop and for on the go DUNU SA6 run off my phone.

Jun 18, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #12,659 of 15,646
Hello everyone! Have been visiting these forums quite regularly to make a buying decision so just thought it would be a good idea to make an account here and be a part of this amazing community.

Very basic gear here consisting of Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee and Fiio K5 Pro.

Jun 18, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #12,660 of 15,646
Hello, I am a new member from Vermont. I have an older set of Shure 425 in-ears, and just bought a Grado SR325x set. I have only put an hour or so on the new headphones, and like them a lot. I am in constant intel-gathering mode when it comes to audio gear, and look forward to reading posts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back