New Member Introductions thread
Mar 22, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #12,421 of 15,543
Welcome aboard, Orlok. I'm also a subscriber to that thinking of "there's no endgame".
Thank you, EJ. Glad to be here. Yes, there is no endgame - more like continuous "multi-game". Makes the journey more expensive but everything really good has a matching cost. Music and sound both have infinite amounts of tonal colors, moods, and styles and that's what makes this such a fascinating and enjoyable endeavor.

Mar 22, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #12,422 of 15,543
Long time lurker here. And I mean super long time. I remember first hearing about Head-Fi in like 2012 or so well before I was an audiophile. And for the most part I turned a blind eye to the hobby. I only really dedicated myself to the hobby in the past year over the course of quarantining.

Keep in mind audio is only one of a couple of hobbies I'm involved in. Others include PC building, 3D printing, mechanical keyboards, etc.

I now have a handful of headphones including the HD800S and ZMF Verite Closed.
I also built a Bottlehead Crack and modded a pair of T50RP headphones to Dan Clark Open Alphas.
So yeah I like DIY. Glad to be here.

Mar 23, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #12,425 of 15,543
Good morning everyone!
it's been a while that I'm reading some intersting thread on the forum as, right now, I'm feeling "ready" to step up a bit on Hi-fi.
I love music and since I was 8 I started studying it, passing also through "Conservatorio" in my teenage ages.

I always take a look about some starting gear, like a dedicated sound card/dac and entry/mid level headpones but now I need something more.
Hope to find the right way here good folks.

Have nice day!

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #12,426 of 15,543
Hello everyone, nice to be here finally in person after lurking for almost a year.

I've been listening to headphones since I was a teenager in the '80s, first with Sony Walkman, then Sony Discman, but I never had really good headphones until last summer when I bought CA Solaris 2020 and Fiio M15 DAP. I had no idea headphones can sound that good.

Mar 25, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #12,429 of 15,543
Hi folks. i'm just another budget studio headphone guy who got bitten by the bug in the 90s.. and resumed again this year after getting my hands and ears on Audio Technica AD700x's....

my first set of open backs were gifted to me by my sister - Audio Technica 911's way back in 1996. After that I sought mostly DJ headphones, but acquired an old school model of K240's that required an amp (or in my case mixerboard)... Now i'm getting addicted again... i think 20+ years to relapse isn't so bad !

I keep telling myself I'm done, but every time I do that, I see something else I want. i.e. Grado Sr80e, HD600's, M50X in gunmetal, MSR7 in Gunmetal, K712, K553...

I look forward to reading all the info i can on here !

Cheers !

Mar 25, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #12,430 of 15,543
Just wanted to say hi as a long-time reader, brand new poster. Been in the hobby for years and love it.

Currently running Pi2Aes > Hugo M Scaler > TT2 > various headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #12,431 of 15,543
I have been looking at this subject (headphones, DACs, headphone amps) more and since about last November. I bought two 25 Dollar tubes for the Schiit Vali 2+, in preparation, and I have been patiently waiting for the Vali 2+ to become available in Europe, since November. Just yesterday I realized that I should look more carefully at the Schiit site in the U.S. Sure enough, one can order the Vali 2+ from the U.S. site with a 230 volt Euro plug. I also ordered a Schiit Modius DAC. All that should arrive in early April. For the hassles, shipping charges and the import tax, that will be much easier than waiting any longer. For headphones, I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 660s. Mostly I am waiting for that moment that I have seen others write about when they hear how much better things can be with a good DAC and a good amp. I will eventually get a Schiit balanced amp, but maybe that I will wait longer for. I will get that through a distributor in Europe. For the moment I am only interested in Schiit DACs and amps. Maybe after I have learned a few things, I will look at other stuff, but via Schiit is going to be my entry point into this topic. If nothing else, it seems to be a fine enough place to start. I like the company, and I feel good about spending a little money on their products. Sennheiser too, seems like a good enough starting point. I have also opened an account at Tidal, and started converting some of my old compact discs to .flac files.

Mar 28, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #12,433 of 15,543
Mar 28, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #12,434 of 15,543
Hi, I've lurked for years. At this point it seems I prefer laid back, mellow or bass heavy headphones with varying degrees of midrange magic. I always wonder if there's a better headphone out there so I keep up the search. I currently listen to and love LCD-2C, 6xx, TH-X00 Mahogany and PH, Focal Elear with Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin, ModHouse Argon and Phillips Fidelio X2. Aspire to a pair of ZMF or HifiMan in the not too distant future.

Mar 29, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #12,435 of 15,543
Hello everyone from Italy! I am new to this hobby so I decided to join the best forum I found about audio.
My only pair of headphones is the Philips SHP95000 and now I am looking for a IEM.
Happy to be apart of the community here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back