New Member Introductions thread
Dec 16, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #12,091 of 15,537
Hi all, been lurking last few months. I used to be into the headfi game when I was a teenager. Now I am back older and wiser and with a larger wallet hah. The technology nowadays is awesome. The Topping DACs paired with a computer source playing Tidal, DSD or FLAC is amazing. It rivals a system that would have cost thousands 15 years ago. Trying to convert others in my family to the audiophile dark side... :beyersmile:

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #12,092 of 15,537
Hello,

Long long time lurker, finally had to make an account because I want to post in a thread about the Denon5200's that I'm recently interested in and also want to thank those that shared their impressions and said thread.

Nice to meet you :)

Dec 17, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #12,093 of 15,537
Hi everyone :)
My name is Mehmet and I was following this forum since 2 years now. I decided to hop on the train. :) it's really fun here,expensive yet fun. :D
Oh my nick? I just really love the Eureka Seven and I wanted to use a nick based on this anime.
Afterall its influenced by the music groups and songs.

Dec 17, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #12,096 of 15,537
Hi my name is Joshua and I love music. I have a pair of Sony MDR-Z7M2s and a Sound Blaster E5. I am using 2x 99.99% pure oxygen free silver cables connecting to 2x 3.5mm jacks on the amp each powering a single 70mm driver for impressive sound.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #12,102 of 15,537
Hi all
I'm Kareem from France. Professional recording and live musician for 20+ years.
Obviously fan of all things music and gear related topics.
I've recently started gathering vintage listening equipment as well as trying to servicing them. Not an easy task but i'm disciplined and a fast learning dude.
Glad to be part of that forum as it's a wealth of info.
À bientôt.

Dec 20, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #12,103 of 15,537
Hi All
I'm Brian from Baltimore, MD. New to the forum, lots of learning to do. I've been a techie all my life, building computers for myself and friends since 1995. Work in IT engineering. Have a love and appreciate for good music, Hi-Fi audio and wanting to learn the intricacies of how to DIY Hi-Fi audio like I have for PC's.
Glad to be part of the community.

Dec 20, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #12,104 of 15,537
Hi all, I stumbled upon this forum while searching for an upgrade to my ATH M50x headphones. I fell for the overhype of these and had them for years (they were ok for the most part, but very uncomfortable after a while).I don't feel too bad about it as I bought them for a little more than the M40x at the time. By all means, I am no audiophile, but want to increase my enjoyment of my music listening experience. So, after doing some reading and looking up reviews and user feedback, I finally settled with the ATH MSR7b as my upgrade. Unfortunately, it made me jump into the rabbit hole of all things. I also got my mom the ATH DSR7BT to wirelessly connect to her Galaxy Tab and phone (for $100 CAD clearance I can't really can't complain). Now I'm looking at getting a pair of Genelec 8010 and cables for my brother for Christmas so he can compose his music. Though I'm still going through the process of reading feedback and reviews. Can't afford the bigger brothers and he works in a small room. So I think it will be a good match.

Still debating for the next year if I want to upgrade my PC speakers (Edifier S330D) when I replenish my budget. Though with the thought of the Genelecs, it will be a long while before I really pull the trigger for the S330D upgrade. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back