New Member Introductions thread
Dec 8, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #12,063 of 15,533
Hello Head-Fi Community,

Long time stalker .... follower of the forums, but have now only joined.
Looking forward to finally making myself active within the community. :)

Dec 9, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #12,064 of 15,533
Hi there! Long time lurker, but after a recent investment in my curent favorite hobby I figured I'd say hello and start participating in the forums a bit more.

I'll blame COVID for this, but being stuck working at home for the last 9 months found me upgrading my desktop audio system, which then led to the inevitable slide down the headphone rabbit hole. I started with a pair of Aeon 2 closed (figuring I could use them at work - hah!), then with the need for better amplification I bought an Asgard3 with the Multibit DAC. These sounded really good, but then being stuck at home I figured I'd give some open cans a try. This lead to a pair of Drop 6XX's, and after many hours on forums it seemed only fitting that I buy and build a Bottlehead Crack. What a combination! This was the first "mind blow" of my listening experience. The depth and clarity sounded truly amazing, revealing new details in songs I've been listened to for years.

At some point I realized my behavior wasn't going to lead to anything good for my finances, so I made the bold (foolish?) decision to skip 4 or 5 intermediate headphones and go right for the throat. Today I received a very lightly used pair of ZMF Verite's in Silkwood, purchased from a member of another forum. Honestly I've only listened to them for about an hour, but was able to try them on both the Crack and a Drop AAA 789. It's too early to use supurlatives, but my first impressions were incredibly positive. What surprised me was how much detail and punch I heard using the AAA 789. There were a couple of songs that sounded almost supernaturally good... something I've heard described in other ways from other ZMF owners.

So I've got a lot of listening to do, and I'm hoping to use these forums to discuss what I hear - and what I should be listening for. I'm looking forward to the conversation!

Dec 9, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #12,065 of 15,533
Hello,

As a new member I post short introduction. After setting up my speaker set up some years ago I changed more and more to wireless headphones. Starting with an UE9000, than a B&W P7 wireless and some B&W Px for the office. (and still own an old pair of Sennheiser IE8 for IEMs)

After getting a good deal on some hifiman He400s I got fascinated about the much better sound and also bought a ifi hip dac. Using these two mainly on my balcony as a portable device.
Now I am looking to upgrade to a 'higher level' of headphones, and maybe an Hifiman arya.
I will check the forum for your experiences.

Best regards
Sma0815

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #12,068 of 15,533
Hi everyone,
just like most here I have been a long time quiet visitor of the site. I've gathered quite a number of information from here and made purchase decisions based on posts that I've read on head-fi. Thought it would be worth the effort to join the club after all the time I spent lurking and observing. hopefully I can also give something back to the community and help others as they have helped me.

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #12,069 of 15,533
Hey everyone!
Was finally time to make an account on these forums. :)

Dec 11, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #12,070 of 15,533
Hi! I'm new to this forum, just started reading here recently. Not new to headphones though, my first decent headphones were a pair of DT531 around '90. Since then tried, pruchased and sold again one or the other pair every few years. Spending more time listening to music recently my interest in cans is on the rise again :L3000:

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #12,074 of 15,533
New Fostex addict checking in!
4bjrSXq.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back