New Member Introductions thread
Nov 12, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #12,001 of 15,540
Here are my old ath-m40x:
9k4QTcj.png

Nov 15, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #12,004 of 15,540
Greetings from Paris, France!
Newbie in head-hifi (sic), I'm switching from traditional pre-amp + power amp + loudspeakers system to iMac + Dac/headphones amp + headphones. Many reasons for this change :D
So I'm looking forward to learn as much as possible about and seek into this new world.
I forgot : I'm a musician as well!

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #12,006 of 15,540
Hi, My name is Francis and I live in Munich. I’m here to get primarily advice & information on DIY audio projects - the T50RP builds in particular drew my attention.

big thanks to the mods who spend a lot of time curating this forum - it’s rare to find a forum this busy this easy to navigate.

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #12,007 of 15,540
Hi, I'm into in-ear monitors these days, and it's great to join a site like this.

Nov 18, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #12,010 of 15,540
Hello there!

I've been interested in audio for a while now. I was given a Sharp CD-DK890 for christmas when I was around 8 or 9. Since then I've always been interested in speakers. My interest in headphones first started when I was a sophmore in high school. My english teacher was a huge audiophile and he pulled me into this world. I would always eat lunch in his classroom and he would let me listen to his high end headphones. My favorites were always the Audeze LCD-X. I am mostly into Progressive and Neoclassical Metal. Artists such as Galneryus, Dream Theater, Symphony X etc. My teacher introduced me to the benefits of lossless audio and now I can't listen to MP3. Resorting to online schooling for college has given me much time to indulge in my music. I still use my Sharp, but I think it is time to upgrade.

I look foreward to engaging in the topics on the forum!

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #12,011 of 15,540
Hello dear community!
I will first ask for patience with my writing, as English is not my first language.
In these times of pandemic, I have arrived at the complicated world of audiophilia, but thanks to communities and forums like this one, apart from entertainment I have found a great source of knowledge.
Thanks to you I have Sennheiser Hd660s, Audeze Mobius for games, Thieaudio Legacy 3, Starfield, Tri i3. And soon this little family will grow up with all the envy you give me :p
My tastes in music mainly are metal and rock, although I can listen to a little jazz, blues, pop.

I hope you all feel well and thank you for everything!

Nov 19, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #12,012 of 15,540
Howdy everyone.
I'm Stephen, and I just bought a pair of Audeze LCD-X's, which are my first big audio purchase. I may have even gotten a little ahead of myself on that one because I'm still running it off a fiio k3. I mainly listen to rock and alternative rock, with a little pop in between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back