New Member Introductions thread
Jun 25, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #11,567 of 15,536
I too, am new here. Two weeks ago I made a decision to purchase a pair of lightly used Fiio FH7 from a barter app. I stumbled upon head-fi.org and found amazing reviews, then made a confident purchase. Well, I have returned head-fi.org daily, since purchasing the FH7 seeking more reviews and opinions. I also purchased my first quality DAC. I'm stoked to get involved and learn more about quality DAPs and AMPs. If you're interested in the FH7 reviews I found, I can dig them up.

My current gear list:

-Fiio FH7 w / LC-3.5B stock cable
-Camden Audio DAC Magic Plus (w / 6.35mm to 3.5mm adapter)
-Wire World Chroma8 USB Audio cable
-Macbook Pro configured for 192k sample rate
-Tidal HIFI and more.

Jun 26, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #11,569 of 15,536
Hi All,
I'm a music lover for as long as I can remember, but this hi-fi world comes to my notice just about 1 month ago when I bought B&W C5S2.
Now i have (first to last) the C2S2, 1More Triple Driver, BLON 03, Mangird TEA in my arsenal and use Audiolab M-DAC Nano to enhance the source.
I am ecstatic to join this community to seek guidance, sharing ideas & thought, and to achieve my goal as an audiophile.

Jun 26, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #11,571 of 15,536
Hi everyone!

I'm Hank, I have been lurking here for a while, but have been an audiophile (in the best sense) for nearly 60 years. I am quite comfortable in the world of big vintage gear, owning a number of tube amps from McIntosh, Fisher, Scott, Eico and Pilot; which drive a number of equally vintage speakers. I have an equal number of newer solid state offerings for power hungry speakers. Being a life long hoarder and tinkerer - and having a lot of storage space - does have some advantages.

Until recently headphones have been a secondary option for me, an alternative when I wasn't allowed to crank up my regular systems. I've gone from vintage British e-stats to turn of the century (boy it feels weird to say that) Stax gear to more recent Sennheiser offerings.

This recently changed as a result of the passing of a Head-fi member. His first name was Ira, he lived in Philadelphia, and he died suddenly this past January. Sadly, his widow doesn't know what his forum name was. Anyway, she asked to help restore, if possible, at least some of his headamp collection. Which brought me here. I'm hoping to get some direction on what might be worth putting time and effort into. And I'm hoping to find guidance on where to find any available technical documentation, assuming any exists. Along the way I'll get a glimpse of where head amp technology has been while I wasn't paying attention. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD600's that I'll use for each of the head amps as a start.

I look forward to diving down this rabbit hole and seeing where it leads.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #11,572 of 15,536
Hi all,

I've been on a moving spectrum of headphones for decades since I was in middle school.
I currently use wireless headphones/earphones from Sony and Apple. I also currently enjoy 3 stereo sets of Apple speakers.
I will probably be finding my way back to a wired rig at some point, though not as a direct replacement for wireless as the convenience is too high.

Jun 28, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #11,574 of 15,536
Hello everybody,
this is my first post, which I should write here if I understand it correctly.
I have been reading the forum for a long time, and since I really like it here, I decided to register so that I can actively participate.
My name is Kai, I am 41 years old and I come from Germany.
I've only been dealing with headphones and PC audio for two months, but it has become a great passion for me.

My current setup:
Hifiman Sundara, Hifiman Ananda, RME Adi2-DAC FS.

It is very easy for me to understand English when I read it, but I find it a little difficult when I have to write English myself, which is certainly due to the fact that I have too little practice in it - it will get better with time :)

Happy Sunday to everyone
best regards

Kai

Jun 28, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #11,575 of 15,536
Hi
i am new here but i love music as long as i can remember. I am a bit confused these days. I am using fiio btr5 with Audiosense t800 (my first hifi on the go setup). Audio sources: PC, Samsung S9+ & ipad pro2020. Mostly i use S9+ as i love the sound of it and use the usb connection over bluetooth mostly as the sound is more clear & resolving. I have read and believed until now that the usb dac bypasses the internal dac of the device, but i notice that there is difference in sound in between S9+ & ipad pro even in usb dac connection, S9’s sound being more clear than ipad, through ipad there is more bass and the clarity of details is less, in comparison. When i connect the btr5 usb to S9 it says 348khz and to ipad it says 44.1 khz, when i play the same music through Tidal hifi on them S9 says 192khz and ipad says 44.1khz, for some songs ipad says 96khz. So my confusion, if usb connection bypassess the internal dac why is there a difference in sound and these numbers?
Kindly help, thanks in advance!

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #11,578 of 15,536
I am not sure this is the appropriate spot for post #1, but voila, here I am.
I am overwhelmed by just the choices available in headphones/earbuds, never mind headphone amps.
I thought standard audiophilia was bad enough. Oh, brother. Hi folks.

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #11,579 of 15,536
Hi everybody! Thanks for all the info I've already gotten from these forums, it's been very enlightening. For most of my life, I've been more of a gamer than an audiophile, but a few years ago I started reading online about SACDs and high end headphones. I bought a Grado SR80i to get my foot in the door, and have been gradually getting deeper into headphones ever since. It's healthy to diversify one's nerdiness, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back