New Member Introductions thread
Jun 14, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #11,538 of 15,538
Greetings, dear friends at Head-Fi,

I spent many years thinking $15 Skullcandy earbuds were just fine. My ol' pal @darth_vato would always laugh at me. I couldn't take it anymore and decided to buy some Sennheiser HD 8 DJs and an S.M.S.L M6 DAC/AMP combo just to quiet his lambasts (though he still laughed that I chose to enter audiophilia "behind the veil" of Sennheisers).

After two days of streaming all my old favorite songs in high fidelity—and some new ones—I must say, I wish I'd started sooner. Like, decades sooner. The new cans make my old Skullcandies and PlayStation Platinum Wireless Headest sound like they're monaural; they sound like Nintendo Game Boy speakers compared to my HD 8 DJs. I feel like I've finally awoken, finally have begun truly using these ears God has given me.

I actually don't even have the S.M.S.L M6 yet, as it's still being shipped. I've just been using the HD 8 DJs through my laptop headphone jack, which produces irritating static constantly. But even within the confines of this setup, the music-listening difference is truly night and day. I've also got some pre-owned HD 6XXs on the way, which will be my first foray into open-back bliss, though I find myself somewhat concerned about the potentiality of reduced sound quality afforded by used earpads, and wonder if I should invest in some new OEM replacements.

But that's a story for another day.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #11,541 of 15,538
Greetings everyone,

New to this whole audiophile zone and starting my journey with Audeze LCD X, mytek Brooklyn dac, AK SA700 DAP and Campfire Andromeda IEM.

Heard there's no end of satisfying your ear buds with a vast variety of different gears so I'll be looking forward to seeking suggestions, changing gears and discovering more and more what the complex definition of Audio can be.

Thanks!

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #11,542 of 15,538
Hello Everyone,

I'm Mario and I'm a music junkie. I've been listening & playing music for a rather long time. Generally I've been more into speakers and SET amps. A few years ago I got a pair of Grado RS2e's and a APPJ PA1502A headphone amp, that had been my only headphone rig until recently. A few months ago I picked up a Burson Audio Playmate with the V6 Vivid opamps a pair of Hifiman he-400i and a pair of Sennheiser hd 6xx and find I'm really enjoying them.

Regards

Jun 17, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #11,543 of 15,538
Hello,

I've been reading through this forum for quite some time to gather knowledge from your collective knowledge and experiences and now I'm looking forward for some help from your community and suggestions regarding my current portable setup that I'm trying to improve.

I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas.
J.

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #11,545 of 15,538
Ahoy! Good Afternoon Everyone (Cali based). I am New to this hobby. My initiation set of cans just arrived for Father's Day! Philips Fidelio X2HR! Holy crap they are awesome. I am rediscovering all of my favorite music with them. Hearing instruments and details I have never heard before! I am going to like this hobby I can already feel it!

Jun 18, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #11,546 of 15,538
Hi everyone! I am from South Africa and work as a Solutions Architect and Software Engineer.

I decided to officially join because I just received my brand new Audeze LCDi3 Headphones, and instead of just lurking around reading posts, I would like to partake in discussions with the community here with regards to impressions, observations, tips, etc.

I also own:
  • My beloved Oppo PM-3 (this started it all for me)
  • B&W PX Wireless headphones
  • AirPods Pro
Cheers!

Jun 18, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #11,548 of 15,538
Good day all,

I'm a longtime music nerd who is finally getting into the hardware side of things. I just upgraded to a great beginner DAP/DAC and I want to make the most of it and read as much as I can on headphones.

I lurked here for a long time and have always found the answer I am looking for, maybe someday I will be able to help out as well.

Jun 18, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #11,550 of 15,538
Good day all,

I'm a longtime music nerd who is finally getting into the hardware side of things. I just upgraded to a great beginner DAP/DAC and I want to make the most of it and read as much as I can on headphones.

I lurked here for a long time and have always found the answer I am looking for, maybe someday I will be able to help out as well.
What sort of DAP did you get and how do you like it?

I'm much the same, music lover all my life, finally getting into better quality equipment, getting started with an A&K SR25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back