New Member Introductions thread
May 4, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #10,023 of 15,649
Hi, my name is G0rt, and I'm a Schiithead. Old guy, been chasing the music since I first heard Elvis on my transistor radio, and been lurking here off and on for years. Not much of a joiner, me, but here now, just in case.

I'm expecting my Jot with Multi Dac to arrive tuesday :D very excited. welcome!

Welcome @G0rt and @KenMan85 I'm a fan of Schiit as well - using the Jotunheim Multi-bit as my main home rig when I'm working on my computer and it's great.

May 4, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #10,024 of 15,649
Welcome @G0rt and @KenMan85 I'm a fan of Schiit as well - using the Jotunheim Multi-bit as my main home rig when I'm working on my computer and it's great.

How do you like it.. Hope I hear a difference with these things amplified.

May 4, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #10,025 of 15,649
How do you like it.. Hope I hear a difference with these things amplified.

I have the Massdrop HD6xx and I found a significant difference when running them off a desktop amp. I first tried them off a FiiO Q5 and an AK SR15 and really had to crank the volume to get any level of sound, but they just didn't sound great - and that's what I expected anyway. But with the Jot, they are properly driven and sound great, event with the stock SE cable.

May 4, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #10,027 of 15,649

One day, as they say, on the road to Damascus, Mimby snuck into my tent and, after the usual jaw-dropping "Holy Schiit!" experience, she curdled up to stay, replacing my old HUD MX-2 (lightly mod'ed with AD797B's on a BrownDog) which had served me well.

Followed a Vali 2, currently warming a NOS RCA clear-top 6CG7 to a wired Senn PXC-550, which is enough of a noise blanker to quiet my partner's colocated 5.1 HTS (Denon/Music Hall/Polk), allowing me to listen more or less in peace, even during GoT.

Then played some with a Modi 3 and Magni 3, of course, just to see. Decided I preferred the 4490 with my DT1990 cans, but multibit with HD600's and my 2 channel system.

The latter is a DIY pair of Adire Audio DDR OB dipoles and a DIY Hypex UCD180HG/HxR amp, which combo is surgical and unforgiving, but very much prettified by little Mimby, through the Vali 2 pre outs.

Having determined that DT1990 liked 4490, and some tube, I added a new black Bifrost and Valhalla 2, currently warming some NOS JAN Philips 2c51's on garage adapters.

The Beyers have Dekoni sheepskins, the 600's too, and the bottom can't take much emphasis, so I may go back to 6N3P's when some DR's arrive from Russia. Fine tuning, because it's all good.

And since too much is never enough, I'm contemplating Gumby, maybe Lyr, even Bimby, just in case I'm missing something. And joined the DT177x drop, same reason. Doomed...

May 4, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #10,030 of 15,649
Hi all! Finally made an account after visiting this site for a few years wonderful information. On the search for a mid to entrey level IEM and seem to have followed Alice down the rabbit hole. Makes me really wish I had a local store to go and try out headphones.

May 5, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #10,031 of 15,649
I have the Massdrop HD6xx and I found a significant difference when running them off a desktop amp. I first tried them off a FiiO Q5 and an AK SR15 and really had to crank the volume to get any level of sound, but they just didn't sound great - and that's what I expected anyway. But with the Jot, they are properly driven and sound great, event with the stock SE cable.
thanks for reply. Yeah i already love the stock sound just off my home theatre amp while i wait. Knowing its gonna get better has me thinking "what should i expect" as i do not know what audio at that level sounds like . yet.

May 5, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #10,032 of 15,649
Hiyas, not really a new member at all, but am now joining the discussions because of new hardware that I have acquired over the last few weeks.

Dear Moderator, how do I get the privilege to post in the "Buy & Sell" forum? I've been a member for 6+ years now and have some extra hardware that I would like to find a new home for.

Thanks kindly

May 5, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #10,033 of 15,649
Hiyas, not really a new member at all, but am now joining the discussions because of new hardware that I have acquired over the last few weeks.

Dear Moderator, how do I get the privilege to post in the "Buy & Sell" forum? I've been a member for 6+ years now and have some extra hardware that I would like to find a new home for.

Thanks kindly
I am not a mod, but--The requirement is 30 days (check) and 15 posts (check). You should be good to go. Have you tried yet?

May 5, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #10,035 of 15,649

Thanks kindly

There's likely a minimum post count in addition to minimum account age. On the motorcycle forum I'm very active on, we instated something similar after having issues with spambots.

Edit: Didn't see Serman's post, looks like he's got you covered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back