New Member Introductions thread
Mar 6, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #9,620 of 15,590
Hi new here, been reading for awhile and finally decided to create an account.

Current gear:
X7 / phone with es100 - > ES60 / DM6(work use)
Pc - > Dx7s - > t1 2nd gen
Ocassional use dt880 600ohms and he400

Hoping to have an enjoyable journey with this fine community

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #9,621 of 15,590
Hello everybody. I've been reading the forums for quite a while, but just registered.

I love music, and I want it to sound good of course. But at a reasonable price. So no high-end equipment for me (unfortunately), instead I look for great sound on a limited budget.
Right now, regarding the main topic of this site, I use a pair of Shure SRH840. I've had them for 7 years or so and they are still in great shape even though they've had to endure some rain and snow during the winter months. But now I'm looking for a new set, a step up from my ol' trusty Shures, but might need some help deciding what to buy next. That's why I've finally joined here.
Later I'll add some info about my equipment and what music I listen to in my profile, if someone should be interested.
/BeO

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #9,624 of 15,590
Hi new here, been reading for awhile and finally decided to create an account.

Current gear:
X7 / phone with es100 - > ES60 / DM6(work use)
Pc - > Dx7s - > t1 2nd gen
Ocassional use dt880 600ohms and he400

Hoping to have an enjoyable journey with this fine community
Welcome, @DGS1991!! That's some nice gear you've got. Have fun!! :)

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #9,625 of 15,590
Hello everybody. I've been reading the forums for quite a while, but just registered.

I love music, and I want it to sound good of course. But at a reasonable price. So no high-end equipment for me (unfortunately), instead I look for great sound on a limited budget.
Right now, regarding the main topic of this site, I use a pair of Shure SRH840. I've had them for 7 years or so and they are still in great shape even though they've had to endure some rain and snow during the winter months. But now I'm looking for a new set, a step up from my ol' trusty Shures, but might need some help deciding what to buy next. That's why I've finally joined here.
Later I'll add some info about my equipment and what music I listen to in my profile, if someone should be interested.
/BeO
Welcome aboard, @AlfaBeO!! I wish my headphones lasted 7 years. I must be hard on my gear. :frowning2: Have fun here!!

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #9,626 of 15,590
Hello Head-Fiers,

i've read a lot of reviews to find out, which iem should work best for me. Well, it didn't went as expected with the last IEM, the Alclair Curve. Not that it wasn't sounding nice, i just think they didn't matched my audio preferences, slightly on the bassy side.
I will need to learn a lot more about Audio signature's, which will take some time but i have plenty of it :blush:

My obsession with good sound quality started at a festival and different event's, where soundsystems from Void, Kling & Freitag, Function one and Lambda Labs (i really like the QX-3) were used. So i thought, i wanna bring some Hifi to my daily use, which was a good idea since i can really reduce the harm on my ears with listening much more quietter while still getting all the tiny details that are hidden in the faster electronic genre's :beyersmile:

I'm looking forward to a great time on the forum's with mainly reading and learning.
See you in the threads :wink:

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #9,627 of 15,590
Hello Head-Fiers,

i've read a lot of reviews to find out, which iem should work best for me. Well, it didn't went as expected with the last IEM, the Alclair Curve. Not that it wasn't sounding nice, i just think they didn't matched my audio preferences, slightly on the bassy side.
I will need to learn a lot more about Audio signature's, which will take some time but i have plenty of it :blush:

My obsession with good sound quality started at a festival and different event's, where soundsystems from Void, Kling & Freitag, Function one and Lambda Labs (i really like the QX-3) were used. So i thought, i wanna bring some Hifi to my daily use, which was a good idea since i can really reduce the harm on my ears with listening much more quietter while still getting all the tiny details that are hidden in the faster electronic genre's :beyersmile:

I'm looking forward to a great time on the forum's with mainly reading and learning.
See you in the threads :wink:
Welcome aboard, @ketamon!! This is a good place to read about signatures. You could also always start a new thread on the Help and Recommendations Board asking for people to describe how they view the different types of signatures?? Just a thought. Anyway, enjoy yourself! :)

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #9,628 of 15,590
Hi,
I'm a student who looking for closed back headphones. I have in my living room a nice entry level system and need some portable headphones and for late night study.
I was looking at:
Focal Listen
Audio-Technica MSR7 / MSR7B / ATH A990z
Beyerdynamic T50i

I did quick listen to the Focal listen and the Meze 99. Both sounds good to me, similar SQ, different tonality, the Meze have bigger soundstage.
I guess the T50i and MSR7 are also in similar SQ but have different sound signature?
What models are a step up in SQ from the Meze 99 ? (Closed back only)

I'm thinking to purchase the Focal Listen for mobility and Meze 99 / Audio-Technica A990z for home.
Any thoughts on the Meze 99 Vs. A-T A990z / MSR7B?

TIA!

Itamar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back