New Member Introductions thread
Feb 13, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #9,469 of 15,590
Hello everyone! I've been a long-time mini-audiophile and lurker to the site, but decided to create an account, as I've started to rack up enough gear where the buy-and-sell forums might prove to be useful to me. If there's anything pressing I should be aware of, feel free to let me know!

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #9,470 of 15,590
Hi All -

I'm a new member here. I have just recently taken a greater interest in portable audio and IEMs. I'm tired off listening to 'basic' products that don't offer a higher quality of listening. I found this site through searches for more information of IEMs, portable DAC/Amps, etc. It was also timely to read about Head-Fi's sponsored CanJam event this weekend in NYC (I am in NJ). I've already purchased my ticket and looking forward to talking to manufacturers and auditioning products! I intend to dig into the site, do a lot of reading and hope to be a valued member soon.

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #9,471 of 15,590
Hi All -

I'm a new member here. I have just recently taken a greater interest in portable audio and IEMs. I'm tired off listening to 'basic' products that don't offer a higher quality of listening. I found this site through searches for more information of IEMs, portable DAC/Amps, etc. It was also timely to read about Head-Fi's sponsored CanJam event this weekend in NYC (I am in NJ). I've already purchased my ticket and looking forward to talking to manufacturers and auditioning products! I intend to dig into the site, do a lot of reading and hope to be a valued member soon.
CanJam is a lot of fun with great gear I hope you have a good time and welcome to Head-Fi.

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #9,473 of 15,590
Greetings from Wisconsin. Have recently taken an interest in headphones and tube amps. Ordered my first little setup for here at the office. The amp is a Sabaj PHA3 tube amp and the headphones a pair of Audio-Technica M40x phones. I am replacing the stock Chinese 6J9 tubes in the AMP with USA made matched Amperex 6688's. Hoping I can learn a few things around here :wink:

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #9,474 of 15,590
I'm Larry. I've been a lurker for years but what motivated my becoming a member was coming across a thread in the DIY forum a couple of months back that tracked the construction of the "Millet Menace," an all-out, over-the-top upgrade of Pete Millett's original commercial audio product, the Wheatfield HA2 all-tube headphone amplifier. I bought an HA2 20 years ago when Headroom sold them and it was my introduction to tube electronics. I fell hard and now have tubes throughout my system. I also become an avid DIYer.

Which brings me to becoming a Head-Fi member: I had already built my own version of the HA2 (a bigger enclosure with upgraded parts) that I was very happy with, but when I came across Nate Maher's thread on building the "Millett Menace," I knew I would have to build something like it just to see how much better the HA2 circuit could sound. So I built my own downscaled version of the "Millett Menace" and would like to share my experience and (most of all) my enthusiasm for Pete Millett's circuit here at Head-Fi..

A question: I understand that my first thread needs to be in this "new member" forum. Should I start a new thread here on my DIY project? Or should post to the existing (but dormant) "Pete Millett's Menace" thread and revive it?

It's good to be here.

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #9,476 of 15,590
Feb 15, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #9,477 of 15,590
Thanks for having me!
I’m an old 2-channel guy, thus far HP for convenience (but will do some research here before diving into another rabbit hole), love my Modi 3 (sounds great in three systems), just finished reading the entire Pig in Schiit thread so was inspired to join ... will nose around awhile for the most appropriate place to ask my question (since any answers would be subjective/YMMV ..) knowing all here are fellow “audio-enths”

Feb 15, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #9,479 of 15,590
Hi -- I am a new member from Australia!

I do not consider myself really an audiophile but maybe that will change if I hang around here :) I have a very modest collection of headphones: pairs of ATH-A990Z's, ATH-AD700s which I use at home, and (please don't hurt me -- active noise cancelling) Sony WH-1000MX3s for work.
I am here mostly in a search to find a set of headphones that will give me ridiculous bass and from what I've read here already, I should be looking for JVC HZ-SZ1000/2000 but I still have a lot of reading and research to do.
I also collect cassettes and vinyl although I've only started that hobby about a year ago. It's something fun and relatively cheap if you exclude all the gear that I am lusting for.

Thanks for having me, and I will do my best to behave and follow the rules.

Feb 15, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #9,480 of 15,590
Hi -- I am a new member from Australia!

I do not consider myself really an audiophile but maybe that will change if I hang around here :) I have a very modest collection of headphones: pairs of ATH-A990Z's, ATH-AD700s which I use at home, and (please don't hurt me -- active noise cancelling) Sony WH-1000MX3s for work.
I am here mostly in a search to find a set of headphones that will give me ridiculous bass and from what I've read here already, I should be looking for JVC HZ-SZ1000/2000 but I still have a lot of reading and research to do.
I also collect cassettes and vinyl although I've only started that hobby about a year ago. It's something fun and relatively cheap if you exclude all the gear that I am lusting for.

Thanks for having me, and I will do my best to behave and follow the rules.
Welcome. If possible, 1266 or LCD4 will offer you the "ridiculous" bass you want. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back