New Member Introductions thread
Feb 7, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #9,438 of 15,569
Hi, Bruce here in Hampshire, UK. I’m really here for a specific query because I am really ‘good’ at acquiring new kit fetishes, so I’m having to be very disciplined or I’ll end up with a whole new hobby :wink:

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Bruce
Hi! It's Eric from @Clear Tune Monitors. Welcome to Head-Fi!

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #9,442 of 15,569
Hey

I've been a member for a while - looks like 10 years when I check my profile - but haven't been active at all. I've been mainly into 2 channel stereo and have focused on that. I built and modded a Bottlehead Crack/Speedball with a Dact attenuator and upgraded resistors and capacitors years ago and have enjoyed it occasionally with my Sennheiser HD 650's. Recently, however, I've found myself listening more to my headphones in an attempt to lessen the impact of my hobby on other members of the family. At the same time I've started to digitize my vinyl collection and bought a Lampizator Amber DAC and Amps and Sound Kenzie Encore to listen to the HD 650's. I'm really enjoying the combination but have read about the magic others have reported with the HD 800 / HD 800s and have a bad case of upgradeitis. I'm vegan and want to avoid leather so my choice of headphones is somewhat limited. I'm not sure that this is the right place to ask for advice, but if anyone has experience with one or the other or both of the headphones, I'd love to hear from you.

thanks to the folks who make this site possible. It has been the source of information and inspiration for quite a while.

Bryon

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #9,443 of 15,569
Hey

I've been a member for a while - looks like 10 years when I check my profile - but haven't been active at all. I've been mainly into 2 channel stereo and have focused on that. I built and modded a Bottlehead Crack/Speedball with a Dact attenuator and upgraded resistors and capacitors years ago and have enjoyed it occasionally with my Sennheiser HD 650's. Recently, however, I've found myself listening more to my headphones in an attempt to lessen the impact of my hobby on other members of the family. At the same time I've started to digitize my vinyl collection and bought a Lampizator Amber DAC and Amps and Sound Kenzie Encore to listen to the HD 650's. I'm really enjoying the combination but have read about the magic others have reported with the HD 800 / HD 800s and have a bad case of upgradeitis. I'm vegan and want to avoid leather so my choice of headphones is somewhat limited. I'm not sure that this is the right place to ask for advice, but if anyone has experience with one or the other or both of the headphones, I'd love to hear from you.

thanks to the folks who make this site possible. It has been the source of information and inspiration for quite a while.

Bryon
Hi Byron,
you could try custom made earpads :
https://vesperaudio.com/earpads
just contact them via email to see what they can do for you :o2smile:

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #9,445 of 15,569
Hi! This is Gilbert from waaaaaay far east. I've just recently signed up but I've been a long time lurker of this forum for researching my purchases. Finally decided to make the jump of joining the discussion and share my designs on my audio related 3D printer mods (well, I have a knack to tinker everything I grab). I've also designed some quadcopter carbon fiber frames and would like to incorporate my experience in them so I can further improve my headphones and share them with the community :)

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #9,446 of 15,569
Hi! This is Gilbert from waaaaaay far east. I've just recently signed up but I've been a long time lurker of this forum for researching my purchases. Finally decided to make the jump of joining the discussion and share my designs on my audio related 3D printer mods (well, I have a knack to tinker everything I grab). I've also designed some quadcopter carbon fiber frames and would like to incorporate my experience in them so I can further improve my headphones and share them with the community :)
Welcome to Head-Fi! We love our 3d printing too!

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #9,447 of 15,569
Hello there :)

I'm Piotr and I live in Kraków, Poland. I've been lurking this forum lately because I've found extremely detailed headphones reviews here. I decided to join the forum to share my expience and hopefully get some specific advice.
I'm on a journey looking for headphones that will really suit my taste and I hope that I might find help on this forum.

I think I have good ear and I'm not noob about sound and music (making music myself), but I don't really know much about gear thou.

Best regards! :)

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #9,448 of 15,569
Hi,
My name is Daniel and I had a profile here long time ago but he was deleted for some reason.
From this great community I learned a lot about the hifi world, about good music, the passion and love to this hobby.
And hope to learn much more since I am here again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back