New Member Introductions thread
Feb 1, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #9,407 of 15,538
Welcome all new headfiers,

Apologies to your wallet in advance !

@MilesB, what advice on DAPs do you need, I would suggest start a thread with your question otherwise any answer here will derail the thread.

Hope you have a great day !

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #9,409 of 15,538
Long time lurker so have finally joined the headfi community. Been into audio for 40 years and have had a decent headphone rig for the last decade. A growing family has meant my dedicated room is a luxury so I am currently downsizing my system and have upgraded my headphone rig to suit. Looking for a end game solid state head amp as im sorted on the tube front. I am currently using Sennheiser 820 with the matching amp for my SS so any recommendations greatly received. Source is a antipodes CX/DX into MSB reference dac and CD. Looking forward to contributing to and continuing to learn from the community as you have been a great help in my headfi journey to date. Regards pete

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #9,410 of 15,538
Hello everyone, new member to this site but not new to audio. I've been listening to and collecting headphones for about 6 years now. I have a larger collection ranging from Beyerdynamic, Hifiman, Sennheiser, Grado and Klipsch asking alo a bunch more. I mostly use my headphones for music and gaming. Although I have a couple iems and closed headphones, the majority of my equipment is open headphones. I'm mostly interested in iems, closed headphones and some quality amps.

I have learned a lot reading the pages here and look forward to passing on some of my knowledge and helping out the newbies like I once was.

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #9,413 of 15,538
Welcome all new headfiers, thanks for no longer lurking & look forward to your contributions & discourse to come...

Apologies to all your wallets in advance...

@NotesAndBars, @Ktamxi,

Look forward to helping you navigate your particular interests in the help sections.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Feb 3, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #9,416 of 15,538
Relatively new to Headphones, longtime Audiophile and music lover - had to take a bit of a break with this hobby when the kids came. Less Time and no Room also. Moved to a new house recently, have an office for myself in the basement now and finally set up my gear again. Still- very few hours I can actually listen full throttle to my stuff. Also 3 Kids doing their thing upstairs so finally decided to invest in a new pair of cans and a headphone amp.

Very happy with my setup - always been a Beyer Fan, so bought a DT770 Pro (80 Ohm). Settled for a closed back so I can listen to my music in peace lol... Also using it with a portable amp at work when I need to focus on stuff. Went with a Schiit Vali 2, very happy with it. Sources mainly my aries mini, dac is a Musical Fidelity MX-Dac - very happy with the digital chain. Used to be a vinyl collector, chasing those mint records on ebay and local fairs. TT is a heavily modded Thorens TD 160 MKII. And a DIY Tube Phono Preamp that I am very happy with. CD never really got to me, marvelling at the sound hires streaming gives me though. Whole new thing to me, especially since I got the Aries and the MX-Dac. Giving me exactly what I was missing in digital music all these years. :)

Well: I guess my wallet will hate this sign up. Already on the lookout for some open backs, as the Beyers do have an amazing stage - but only for a closed back. And while the treble is not as bad on the 80 Ohm Variant imo - it's still tiresome at times. So debating trying the Sennheiser HD6XX, seems like a can that could offer more comfort for long sessions. Other Option is a AKG K7XX - usually looking for a good soundstage in my hifi stuff with good resolution, so this might also be a good option. I'll see what used opportunities come up first and give it a try.

Oh - I mostly listen to classical music and jazz, some folk and blues too. Also Soul, Funk, some mainstream Rap, and some easy listening pop as well.

Feb 4, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #9,420 of 15,538
大家好!我是中国耳机的小粉丝。我不会说英语,如果我不能说清楚的话,提前给每个人一个假:)
3年前我拿到了我的第一部耳机(JVC s500),现在我想制作自己的音乐,所以我正在为录音和混音目的寻找耳机,如果有人有任何建议请告诉我!
谢谢!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back