New Member Introductions thread
Dec 29, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #9,211 of 15,646
Hello everyone, Keith here. I decided to join the forum as my search for information on headphones kept bringing up this site. I'm hoping to learn some more about what to look for when trying to find audio equipment, and I'm also hoping to find out about any audio meets in the DC area where I could talk to other people and get a chance to listen to different equipment.

My main setup for listening to music is from my computer, with a Foscurite Scarlett Solo as the audio interface running into either a pair of Grado sr60i or Beyerdynamic DT990 250ohm headphones. I wish I could find something with the clarity I hear in the DT990s with the warm mids I hear in the Grado sr60s.

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #9,212 of 15,646
Hello! Been lurking on these forums for over a year and decided it’s time to get more involved.

I listen to almost anything. Mainly hip hop, motown, folk, classic rock. No country and EDM.

I’m currently on my first set of gear: AKG K7xx with Dekoni sheepskin pads paired with a Fiio E10k. I had a Schiit Modi 2 + Magni 2 but sold it since my untrained ears couldn’t really tell the difference with the cheaper E10k. Also tried the DT 770 which I didn’t like. Currently on the hunt to expand my gear — I have an HD 650 on the way!

Hoping to gain more wisdom and experience and give back in the years to come!

Edit: oops, looks like I already did an intro back in April. Must’ve been toasted on my favorite Imperial Stout and forgot about it!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #9,214 of 15,646
Hello!

I’ve religiously followed a few forums here for some time, finally decided to take the plunge!

Currently have a Hugo2 + HD650 for work, Shure846 for on the go & recently sold my home rig in anticipation for an upgrade!

Look forward to learning lots more from you all.

Cheers,
Sam

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #9,215 of 15,646
I am in the process of buying and setting up a new surround sound audio system that needs to work in a really small apartment, which has "quiet time" rules. That means a new set of headphones are on the "must have NOW" list. Since Head-fi.org showed up several times in searches, I decided to hang around for a while.

I listen to mostly pipe organ, synthesizer and orchestral music ranging from classical to new age, most of which does not work well at low volume. So, I am replacing a Vizio 5.1 Surround Sound sound bar system with a Yamaha RX-V681 AVR and small speakers. My current headphones have never been satisfying, but since I rarely used them, I never replaced them. Now it is a need instead of a want. And with that, it is time to get back to reading...

Dave

Dec 30, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #9,217 of 15,646
Hi All,

My name is Vamsi and I love gear just as much as I love music. I haven't splurged on audiophile equipment yet but have a good number of entry to mid level cans & IEM's. I'm eyeing Audeze cans and am currently saving up for those. Nice to be here and looking forward to contribute. Cheers!

Dec 30, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #9,218 of 15,646
Hi,

I new here, but not new to the world of headphones. In my original studio, I had a good collection of what would now be classic headphones. I am a guitarist, former studio owner and audiophile. the world of music is very important to me. I am also a 14 year member of the AVS Forum. I look forward to contributing my thirty plus years of musical knowledge to this forum and also learn as much as I can about high end headphones.

Mike

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #9,219 of 15,646
Hi,

have followed this forum for quite some time and decide to join. Right now mainly using my Focal Clear and pretty happy about it. From here I would like to build a great collection and enjoy high end audio

Dec 30, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #9,220 of 15,646
Hi All! We are a new audio startup from Singapore and we are lovers of all things planar magnetic! Looking forward to interact with the community here =]

Greetings! If you ever need beta testers pick me!

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #9,221 of 15,646
Hi everybody! I'm Mike. Put myself through college doing gigs as a guitarist in several metal cover bands. But that's pretty irrelevant since it was two decades ago, and otherwise I'm pretty new to high-quality audio gear as a listener. Just wanted to say hi, and also 'thank you' for being such a great resource even benefits a long-time lurker as myself.

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #9,222 of 15,646
Hi everybody! I'm Mike. Put myself through college doing gigs as a guitarist in several metal cover bands. But that's pretty irrelevant since it was two decades ago, and otherwise I'm pretty new to high-quality audio gear as a listener. Just wanted to say hi, and also 'thank you' for being such a great resource even benefits a long-time lurker as myself.
Rock on my friend. You are welcome here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back