New Member Introductions thread
Dec 5, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #9,106 of 15,601
Hello everyone
Been interested in HiFi a looooong time, installed a lot of big car audio systems and when i moved in to house i've been into Home HiFi, big speakers and alot of wattage, pretty much same as in Car systems :).
But a long the way i started to prefer details in sound so last couple of years i've been on forums investigating DAC's and Headphones and most recent i started to focus on DAP's and IEM's.
I listen to almost everything but mostly alternative rock.
Have a good one!

Dec 5, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #9,108 of 15,601
Hello everyone from Spain!

I hope to continue learning a lot in this forum:smile_phones:

Dec 6, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #9,110 of 15,601
Hi guys, greetings from Singapore I’m new to this forum.
I had been using FiiO Q1 M2 as a portable and laptop dac/amp with M40x. I recently purchased HD 600 , and was looking for some recommendations for a dac amp for it . So should I get a new amp or get 2.5mm balanced cables for HD 600 to use it on the Q1M2 ?

Dec 6, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #9,111 of 15,601
Hi guys, greetings from Singapore I’m new to this forum.
I had been using FiiO Q1 M2 as a portable and laptop dac/amp with M40x. I recently purchased HD 600 , and was looking for some recommendations for a dac amp for it . So should I get a new amp or get 2.5mm balanced cables for HD 600 to use it on the Q1M2 ?
Welcome, and sorry for your wallet. I don't own the Q1 but I read some reviews that say the Q1 is under powered for the HD600.

Dec 6, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #9,112 of 15,601
Welcome, and sorry for your wallet. I don't own the Q1 but I read some reviews that say the Q1 is under powered for the HD600.
Yes it is underpowered . On paper it can only drive up to 150ohms . Which is why I was trying to find recommendations on what amp I should get . And as I have never heard the HD600 on an ideal amp , I don’t really know what I am missing out on . Hope that makes sense .

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #9,113 of 15,601
Hello everyone! I'm Long time lurker glad to finally make an account and start being more active on the forums. I just picked up the 1More H1707 and JDS Labs Atom, and I look forward to participating and learning more about audio.

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #9,114 of 15,601
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here (clearly) and just started getting into audiophile music. While reading more online, head-fi was one of the few places that frequently popped up so I reckoned it would be prudent to sign up! Of course, not to mention after how I realized there was a sale section with crazy used deals!

Currently browsing for a dac and amp and thinking of the ifi micro BL. I jumped the gun so to speak and have JVC HA-SZ2000s, Sennheiser HD6XXs, and Fostex TR-X00s. Hopefully they'll go well with the ifi if I get it!

Glad to be here folks!

Dec 8, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #9,119 of 15,601
Hey guys,

I’m new to the world of hi-fi audio but would love to dive in. I’m sort of lost on where to start in terms of equipment, but I currently own B&W P7 Wirless, Master and Dynamic MH40, and B&W C5 Series 2. I recently ordered a pair of Jerry harvey JH13V2 custom iems as I’m a musician and will be using them on stage in addition to listening everyday.

I feel like I have the headphones (maybe I’m wrong) to start enjoying lossless files, but I doubt I’m getting much out of them as I mainly just use them through an IPhone 8 and MacBook Air, running Spotify and streaming at the 320kbps on Spotify. Any recommendations for a beginner Dac/amp or dap? Or are they even necessary? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back