New Member Introductions thread
Nov 28, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #9,061 of 15,540
Hi all, I'm brand new to this community, just got my first pairs of good headphones yesterday (which I actually sadly have issues with, the PSB M4U-2 and the Audio-Technica ATH-M40x), though I hope things go up from here on out.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #9,063 of 15,540
Gooday all.
Been a long time user of hifi headphones since indulging in a pair of Yamaha HP-1s three and a half decades ago.
In recent years I have taken an interest in headphone amps and portable 'phones. I have a DIY O2 amp with Yammy YH-2s at work and use B&W P3s or the cheap and cheerful ATH-CK313Ms in-ears when travelling.
A third pair of Yamaha orthodynamics, the more robust HP50A, modified for stereo operation, are used at the workbench and with my PA system.
Thought it was time to join up to continue my education and contribute from my experiences.
Cheers, Don

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #9,064 of 15,540
Hey everyone!
I’m new here and I was hoping I could get some help. I’m currently looking to buy a set of Bluetooth headphones for everyday use and travel. I’ve had some pretty decent sets of wired pairs through the years but nothing super high end (never have the $ for that). In my current search I’ve narrowed my choice down to a couple that all seem to have great reviews, so I’m hoping you all could help me narrow it down even more. I don’t have the funds to go crazy so I’m trying to stay at $300 or less. The ones that intrigue me the most at this point are the Audio Technica ATH-M50xBT, Focal Listen Wireless and the FiiL iiCon. If anyone has some thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #9,065 of 15,540
Hey everyone!
I’m new here and I was hoping I could get some help. I’m currently looking to buy a set of Bluetooth headphones for everyday use and travel. I’ve had some pretty decent sets of wired pairs through the years but nothing super high end (never have the $ for that). In my current search I’ve narrowed my choice down to a couple that all seem to have great reviews, so I’m hoping you all could help me narrow it down even more. I don’t have the funds to go crazy so I’m trying to stay at $300 or less. The ones that intrigue me the most at this point are the Audio Technica ATH-M50xBT, Focal Listen Wireless and the FiiL iiCon. If anyone has some thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

Normally the top three (as of late) have been the Sony xm3, Bose qc 35 s2, and 550 pxc for Bluetooth and travel NC. Why not one of these?

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #9,066 of 15,540
Normally the top three (as of late) have been the Sony xm3, Bose qc 35 s2, and 550 pxc for Bluetooth and travel NC. Why not one of these?
All the research I’ve done claims that while those three are better for noise cancellation, but the reviews i’ve been reading say the sound on these three is fantastic for Bluetooth headphones. Also why I decided to ask here. I should also state that NC isn’t as important as the sound is to me.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #9,067 of 15,540
All the research I’ve done claims that while those three are better for noise cancellation, but the reviews i’ve been reading say the sound on these three is fantastic for Bluetooth headphones. Also why I decided to ask here. I should also state that NC isn’t as important as the sound is to me.

Hi @shane7975,

First of all, welcome to headfi, apologies to your wallet in advance...

Honestly, the best thing for you to do is demo all your choices & with regards to the 1000 X M3, personally & subjectively, I would take it over everything else out there if I didn't already have the 1000 XM2 just based on sound alone, NC is just a bonus.
Especially if your source supports Sony's LDAC chip though it will still be good without it as 1000 X M2/M3 supports AptXHD.

So just demo & see which appeals to you the most, trust your own ears, no one else's.

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #9,068 of 15,540
Hey everyone!
Throw a B&W PX onto that list and see what you think. It might work for you.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #9,073 of 15,540
Hello!

I have been reading Head-Fi on and off for a couple years now. Finally decided to make an account and hopefully (one day) start making contributions. I am still a college student, so I'm learning the ropes and constantly saving up for my next purchase.

Originally from Brazil, I now study in Chicago.. but will move to Beijing, China this January. If anyone has any recommendations of stores, meets, or anything else there they would be welcome. I currently have a SE535 with sensaphonics sleeves, and use them a lot for music and transcription work.

It feels a bit scary to be posting for the first time, but also very exciting!

All best

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #9,074 of 15,540
Hello!

I have been reading Head-Fi on and off for a couple years now. Finally decided to make an account and hopefully (one day) start making contributions. I am still a college student, so I'm learning the ropes and constantly saving up for my next purchase.

Originally from Brazil, I now study in Chicago.. but will move to Beijing, China this January. If anyone has any recommendations of stores, meets, or anything else there they would be welcome. I currently have a SE535 with sensaphonics sleeves, and use them a lot for music and transcription work.

It feels a bit scary to be posting for the first time, but also very exciting!

All best
Welcome aboard, @BrazilianMonkey!! You are among friends!! Beijing is a great place to live! Have fun!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back