New Member Introductions thread
Nov 13, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #8,946 of 15,569
All jokes aside, i truly understand and respect your point.

There are a lot of manufacturers, everyone wants to make the best device for a lower selling price. It often does not go well for the buyers.[/QUOTE]
If you're referring to poor quality equipment that's why places like Head-fi and reviews in general are useful.

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #8,947 of 15,569
Hello all... until now, I've lurked around here mostly for the reviews on equipment. Most of my listening is done at work (in a cube; several nearby coworkers), so I'm trying to decide on which closed back headphone (<$1000) to splurge on and if a Schiit Eitr and Multibit would be worthwhile additions. I listen to a bit of everything... rock, pop, classical, jazz, hiphop, etc. My current setup is Laptop > Modi 3 > Magni 3 > Meze 99C

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #8,948 of 15,569
Hi
New member here, but not new to the world of hifi.
Looking forward to taking part in discussions :)
Cheers.

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #8,949 of 15,569
Hi there,
My name is Joshua and I am new here. I have slowly been working my way to the hi-fi scene, though I have spent most of my time in the guitar equipment arenas. I have (what I consider) a fairly nice home stereo: a mid/late 80's luxman R117 and a pair of phase speakers with interesting cylindrical drivers instead of the standard cone for the woofers.

I have been using the audio technica ath-m50x for the past 4 years or so, and have become dissatisfied with them and have come here to start to learn about the high quality headphone market!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #8,950 of 15,569
Hi there,
My name is Joshua and I am new here. I have slowly been working my way to the hi-fi scene, though I have spent most of my time in the guitar equipment arenas. I have (what I consider) a fairly nice home stereo: a mid/late 80's lucian R117 and a pair of phase speakers with interesting cylindrical drivers instead of the standard cone for the woofers.

I have been using the audio technica ath-m50x for the past 4 years or so, and have become dissatisfied with them and have come here to start to learn about the high quality headphone market!
Welcome, Joshua!! That's a nice rig you've got. You should get lots of input on your M50X issue if you will start a new thread here asking for what it is you need. All the best--. :)

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #8,952 of 15,569
Welcome, Joshua!! That's a nice rig you've got. You should get lots of input on your M50X issue if you will start a new thread here asking for what it is you need. All the best--. :)

Thank you, both the luxman and the speakers were my father's, both were broken! He told me if i could fix them I could have them. Im an electrical engineering student, so I was able to fix the luxman (all the output transistors on the left channel were blown) and the speakers (both woofers were disintegrating) and now they are in my room!

I also did start a thread asking for some opinions, I have an oppo pm3 and a fiio e17k which just arrived today!

Thank you for welcoming me and for your kind words as well!

Nov 14, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #8,954 of 15,569
Hello all... until now, I've lurked around here mostly for the reviews on equipment. Most of my listening is done at work (in a cube; several nearby coworkers), so I'm trying to decide on which closed back headphone (<$1000) to splurge on and if a Schiit Eitr and Multibit would be worthwhile additions. I listen to a bit of everything... rock, pop, classical, jazz, hiphop, etc. My current setup is Laptop > Modi 3 > Magni 3 > Meze 99C

Welcome meanderingthalweg!

Look for a used Mr. Speakers Ether closed, Aeon flow closed or an AKG K55-series headphone. Add the Focal elgia to your list if you can

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back