New Member Introductions thread
Nov 5, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #8,866 of 15,646
Hey everybody. I'm Maxime, 25, not new to audio but all new in the forum. I used to be on the french TN forum :)

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #8,867 of 15,646
Hello all I am a new member but have really loved this site for a long time. Well I have only gotten into the headfi world about a year ago but I have learned much as a long time lurker. I had another account but I had no privileges for any posting so after struggling for so long to fix the first account I finally just made another and walaa.

anyway thanks for all the insight here as I am a very proud owner of the ZMF Eikon and Auteur. I am only equipped with midfi for my dac and amp so I'm just sitting back using schiit but still loving it. I have the lyr3 that I upgraded from the magni and the beyerdynamics a20. Very nice improvement but not fully suitable for these headphones. I think I may roll over to the glenn otl thread and see if I can make a bargain hifi amp out of it.
My Dac is the schiit gungnir MB and I am impressed but soon will need more.

Furthermore I am very excited to hear about the new flagship from ZMF and may be selling the Camphor eikon and the blackwood auteur at a bargain. If anyone want to offer please pm me but I think I'll have a for sale post up soon. Also the silver zmf cable(6ft) and a zmf custom hybrid copper silver cable (6ft) will be part of the deal.

I have many small questions but this is not the place I just want to say thanks to such a wonderful site

Also I need to get 15 posts in here asap so if anyone can help me to where is best to post questions from a very inexperienced user

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #8,868 of 15,646
Hello all I am a new member but have really loved this site for a long time. Well I have only gotten into the headfi world about a year ago but I have learned much as a long time lurker. I had another account but I had no privileges for any posting so after struggling for so long to fix the first account I finally just made another and walaa.

anyway thanks for all the insight here as I am a very proud owner of the ZMF Eikon and Auteur. I am only equipped with midfi for my dac and amp so I'm just sitting back using schiit but still loving it. I have the lyr3 that I upgraded from the magni and the beyerdynamics a20. Very nice improvement but not fully suitable for these headphones. I think I may roll over to the glenn otl thread and see if I can make a bargain hifi amp out of it.
My Dac is the schiit gungnir MB and I am impressed but soon will need more.

Furthermore I am very excited to hear about the new flagship from ZMF and may be selling the Camphor eikon and the blackwood auteur at a bargain. If anyone want to offer please pm me but I think I'll have a for sale post up soon. Also the silver zmf cable(6ft) and a zmf custom hybrid copper silver cable (6ft) will be part of the deal.

I have many small questions but this is not the place I just want to say thanks to such a wonderful site

Also I need to get 15 posts in here asap so if anyone can help me to where is best to post questions from a very inexperienced user
If you like the Eikons and Auteur you’ll love the Verite.

Nov 5, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #8,870 of 15,646
Hello all.

I'm new here and new to the hobby overall. Thus far I've purchased Sennheiser 6XX and Hifiman 4XX from Massdrop. I've also got a pair of Adams T5Vs coming.
I'm here initially in my quest to find a desktop solution for dac/amp. Thus far I'm looking at the Schiit Jotunheim and the Topping DX7s.

Nov 5, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #8,871 of 15,646
Have not heard the 6xx’s with a Jot but like them very much with the Massdrop CTH and the best is a Bottlehead Crack.

Nov 5, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #8,873 of 15,646
Hi guys, just wanted to say hello.
Nolia here. Have tried se846 and wanted to move to togo 334 for my favorite acg musics.
Hopefully I could continue my Hifi journey from here.

Hi @Nolia,

Welcome, hope you continue your audio journey too, apologies to your wallet in advance !

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #8,875 of 15,646
Nov 6, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #8,876 of 15,646
Hello all,
I am new here. Not entirely new to the hobby, but I had not really owned a mid- and hi-fi gears until recently. After selling off some of my mechanical keyboard parts, I pulled the trigger on Tin T2, then an O2 amp, and then a Fiio DAC, and eventually Senn HD 6XX's. I am enjoying my journey so far and would love to tap onto everyone's insights and help someone where I can. Pleasure to meet you!

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #8,877 of 15,646
Hello everyone, have been following the forums for over a year and now feeling I should join the discussion.

It’s a rather new hobby for me (couple of years) and want to thank everyone for making such immense knowledge available here.

Nov 6, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #8,878 of 15,646
Hi everyone.

Loved music for as long as i can remember - can remember the first single i ever bought around aged 10 (Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant)
Dabbled with various bits of portable kit but never really got into things properly.

Couple years ago i bought an Onkyo headphone amp/dac (HA200) and some BeyerDynamic DT880 pro headphones.... really enjoyed them. The semi-open back design is enjoyable but they're a little light on bass (because of the design).

Recently wanted some better bluetooth earbuds - backed a couple Indiegogo projects but they ended up being pretty 'meh'
So went down the path of other option...
Bought a pair of Fiio FH1's and a Fiio BTR3 ... decided i didn't like the BTR3 for a couple reasons ... the Bluetooth signal seemed pretty poor (drop outs) .... so ended up swapping for EarStudio ES100 - which i see on the other forums might be controversial.
Personally really enjoying the associated app with the ES100 .

Also bought a pair of KZ AS10's for 'throwing around' since they were a bit cheaper.
Music source is predominantly Deezer Premium

Hope to speak to others in due course

Cheers
Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back