New Member Introductions thread
Sep 7, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #8,567 of 15,585
Well, this is like the first time I have logged back into headfi since ~2008, so I feel like a new headfier again :) Just joined several mass drops including the ones for the sennheiser hd-6xx, darkvoice 336se tube amp (I had the original 336, and miss it everyday, lol), and the fxaudio dac-x7 dac/amp. Super stoked to be getting back into the game and enjoying new gear. I still have my sony ecr-500 electret headphones and a sennheiser hd-595 paired with a fio e10k dac/amp and this has satisfied me for over 10 years! But now the audio bug has bitten back. Good to be back on head-fi though!
Welcome, @aznsensazian!! Glad you have got the bug again! Enjoy! :)

Sep 7, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #8,568 of 15,585
First I got in to this was looking for a replacement after getting annoyed with the poor isolation of my Sennhesier 686gs. I had always just used consumer-level "sport" earbuds (mostly Monster isport), but hated all the things I tried. My left ear just doesn't play nice with IEMs and could not get anything to seal. So in going down the rabbit hole ended up trying a bunch of the "cheaper" options (ma750i, se215, f9 pro, nuforce edc, tfz king pro) before settling on a pair of it01s. But still was having seal issues and was curious what "really nice" IEMs sounded like.

...ended up walking out of the store with a pair of Vegas.

Now want to do the same for cans. I've had a pair of m50s since like 2010, as well as the original momentums. Have my issues with both, so at some point will pick something up. Leaning towards a TH-X00, but we shall see.

Sep 8, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #8,569 of 15,585
First I got in to this was looking for a replacement after getting annoyed with the poor isolation of my Sennhesier 686gs. I had always just used consumer-level "sport" earbuds (mostly Monster isport), but hated all the things I tried. My left ear just doesn't play nice with IEMs and could not get anything to seal. So in going down the rabbit hole ended up trying a bunch of the "cheaper" options (ma750i, se215, f9 pro, nuforce edc, tfz king pro) before settling on a pair of it01s. But still was having seal issues and was curious what "really nice" IEMs sounded like.

...ended up walking out of the store with a pair of Vegas.

Now want to do the same for cans. I've had a pair of m50s since like 2010, as well as the original momentums. Have my issues with both, so at some point will pick something up. Leaning towards a TH-X00, but we shall see.
How do you like the Vegas? What is the sound signature like in your experience? Did you also listen to an Andromeda?

Sep 8, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #8,571 of 15,585
Hi,

This is my first post here, but been lurking on the site for some time.

Thanks to this place, I've got a Modi Multibit & Bottlehead Crack, being fed from a Raspberry Pi with Rune Audio that I use for when I want to relax. Have a pair of HD6XX for them which I find to be a great combination.

I did have an SMSL Panda Stack set up with my desktop PC, but the dac and the amp seem to be both on the fritz, so have had to swap in my old travel dac/amp, a Fiio E18, until I get a replacement.

I was looking at getting some Audeze LCD2 Classic's to use with PC and the Panda replacement (whatever that will be), but realised I couldn't afford them, so I decided to be sensible and to look for something else. What I ended up getting was a pair of Fostex TH900 Sapphire Blue edition, not sure what happened there, I was supposed to be going cheaper. Sometimes head rules heart, but sometimes the reverse happens and I ended up with what I want and not what I need. Never the less, they sound fantastic and I don't regret the purchase.

Now just need to find a replacement dac and amp to go with them.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #8,578 of 15,585
How do you like the Vegas? What is the sound signature like in your experience? Did you also listen to an Andromeda?
I like them quite a bit. I'm by no means an audiophile, I mostly listen to various kinds of edm and electronic music along with some rap. Definitely a fan of bass. I didn't listen to the Andromeda given my proclivities, but did compare to the Polaris and the Dorado. Found the Polaris a bit uncomfortable and while I really liked the Dorado the long nozzles put me off and I enjoyed the weightier bass of the Vegas.

Sep 11, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #8,579 of 15,585
Hi All,

I'm a music lover from NYC and am just starting the journey of putting together a great portable audio setup.

It's going to take a while because I'm currently very broke!

My current equipment is: Galaxy S8+, Radsone's es100 BT receiver and B&W C5 series 2s. I very much like my B&Ws but I'm ready for something new. I tried Shure's se425 and Final Audio's ES5000. I very much liked both.

My musical taste centers around Post-punk, punk and 80s alternative. However, I love pretty much all music.

Cheers! :L3000:

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back