New Member Introductions thread
Sep 5, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #8,551 of 15,536
Hi
This is my first post.
Have been following discussion forums especially on headphones, iems, dacs, amplifiers, daps and cables. Particularly interested in matching equipment and potential problems. Thanks to all here there has been a wealth of information.

My iems is k10, ue 18 pro+, 535, shure kse 1200 headphones hd800, hd800s, hd6xx, audeze 2 pre fazor, fostex tx00, hifiman sundara, 4xx, he 350 desktop amp cayin iha6, audiogd R28, Benchmark HPA4, cth, carbonx, woo wa7, schitt asgard, magni3, vahalla, sony ta-zh1es portable amp hugo2, mojo, sony wm1A, teac ha-p5, onkyo dpx-1a, hiby r3, shanling m0 dacs denafrips terminator, chord qutest, topping d50, smsl 8u, sabaj a3, smsl idea. On order yet to arrive M Scaler, massdrop thx, airist ladder dac, audeze mobius.
My audio background was from full speaker systems then a break of about 10 years and now into headphones and iems for about 2 years.
Thanks for all your sharings which make my music enjoyable again.

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #8,552 of 15,536
Hi
This is my first post.
Have been following discussion forums especially on headphones, iems, dacs, amplifiers, daps and cables. Particularly interested in matching equipment and potential problems. Thanks to all here there has been a wealth of information.

My iems is k10, ue 18 pro+, 535, shure kse 1200 headphones hd800, hd800s, hd6xx, audeze 2 pre fazor, fostex tx00, hifiman sundara, 4xx, he 350 desktop amp cayin iha6, audiogd R28, Benchmark HPA4, cth, carbonx, woo wa7, schitt asgard, magni3, vahalla, sony ta-zh1es portable amp hugo2, mojo, sony wm1A, teac ha-p5, onkyo dpx-1a, hiby r3, shanling m0 dacs denafrips terminator, chord qutest, topping d50, smsl 8u, sabaj a3, smsl idea. On order yet to arrive M Scaler, massdrop thx, airist ladder dac, audeze mobius.
My audio background was from full speaker systems then a break of about 10 years and now into headphones and iems for about 2 years.
Welcome aboard, @Tsyer!! That is some sweet gear you have got! Enjoy!! :)

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #8,554 of 15,536
Hi
This is my first post.

How do you like the KSE 1200s?

Sep 6, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #8,556 of 15,536
Hi
KSE 1200s is the best iem i have heard so far almost reaching good headphone sound quality level.
Just spent some time today with 64 Audio U12t. Still prefered the KSE 1200 because of transparency and ability to handle complex music accurately.
However, i would say that top headphones still sound better. For sound quality i would say top speakers system > top headphone system > top iem system.
KSE 1200 is portable and goes with me where i cannot bring my desktop systems. I normally pair it with Sony WM1A as transport, Hugo2 Dac. Superb sound.
Will be buying Cayin N8 to give the KSA 1200 different sound flavours with 3.5mm as well.
Hope this is helpful to you.

Sep 6, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #8,557 of 15,536
Hi
KSE 1200s is the best iem i have heard so far almost reaching good headphone sound quality level.
Just spent some time today with 64 Audio U12t. Still prefered the KSE 1200 because of transparency and ability to handle complex music accurately.
However, i would say that top headphones still sound better. For sound quality i would say top speakers system > top headphone system > top iem system.
KSE 1200 is portable and goes with me where i cannot bring my desktop systems. I normally pair it with Sony WM1A as transport, Hugo2 Dac. Superb sound.
Will be buying Cayin N8 to give the KSA 1200 different sound flavours with 3.5mm as well.
Hope this is helpful to you.

It does. Thank you. Looking into getting a IEMs next since I have the headphone system I want at home right now and want/need something for on the go.

Sep 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #8,558 of 15,536
Greatings from Maine,
Just entering the world of headphones. I purchased a Stax SRM-600LE and 007A used off a Japanese auction site. I don't have any headphone experience so I don't have anything to compare them to, but am enjoying them.
Is there technical info on the amp? I would like to put fresh tubes in and was wondering about biasing them. I've tried some searches and haven't come up with much. Not crazy about sending them in to have some else to do it. Other wise loving the Stax.

Sep 6, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #8,559 of 15,536
Hi everyone -- long time lurker, first time poster. Wanted to start engaging in the buy/sell forum so figured I'd get around to creating an account.
Welcome, @mono235!! Happy to have you aboard! Just so you are clear, you cannot post in the BST forum until you have 30 days and 15 posts under your belt. This is to prevent scammers and trolls and other weasels from sullying the site. Hope you have fun!! :)

Sep 6, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #8,560 of 15,536
Any recommendations for a universal IEM that excels in sound isolation and comfort? In other words, what would you use while sleeping on a 12hr flight?

So far, I have zeroes in on these options:
Westone - W80
Beyerdynamic - Xelento (wireless if I can find it in the states)
InEar - ProPhile 8
Astell & Kern - AK T8iE MkII

How would you rank these for fit/comfort during long listening sessions?

Sep 6, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #8,562 of 15,536
Hello Head-Fi!

I've always been a bit nitpicky with the audio quality of my audio equipment ever since middle school. I would always use regular consumer headphones like the Apple AirPods or Bose In Ears and your regular RGB Gaming Headsets but this year I transcended into more specialized gear and I've been loving it! Its been quite the experience listening to all of my music library again and catching all of the newfound details.

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #8,564 of 15,536
Well, this is like the first time I have logged back into headfi since ~2008, so I feel like a new headfier again :) Just joined several mass drops including the ones for the sennheiser hd-6xx, darkvoice 336se tube amp (I had the original 336, and miss it everyday, lol), and the fxaudio dac-x7 dac/amp. Super stoked to be getting back into the game and enjoying new gear. I still have my sony ecr-500 electret headphones and a sennheiser hd-598se paired with a fio e10k dac/amp and this has satisfied me for over 10 years! But now the audio bug has bitten back. Good to be back on head-fi though!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back