New Member Introductions thread
Jul 11, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #8,191 of 15,536
Hi, I am from Indonesia. nice to know u all. just got myself beyer DT990Pro with Topping D30/A30, after reading this forum...

before I am just using ATH M40x and then Superlux HD668b with Topping TP30 Mk2 for Gaming.

just stepping to audiophiles..

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #8,198 of 15,536
Hi all,
recently purchased a pair of HD650s and have been lurking on this forum for a while now so it's probably time for me to make an actual account here.
Welcome, @Arthemas!! I love my HD650--hope you are enjoying yours. This is a good place to learn and commiserate--lots of HD650 owners here. Oh yeah--and sorry about your future wallet state--it's gonna take a beating!...:)

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #8,199 of 15,536
Hi All!

New on here but been a headphone addict with first real pair being a set of Stax headphones bought in 1986!

Now am fascinated with the new crop of IEMs having heard a friend's pair of LZs recently.

Look forward to talking with you.

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #8,200 of 15,536
Welcome, @Arthemas!! I love my HD650--hope you are enjoying yours. This is a good place to learn and commiserate--lots of HD650 owners here. Oh yeah--and sorry about your future wallet state--it's gonna take a beating!...:)

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah the HD650 are wonderful so far but I really need to upgrade my DAC and AMP since the FiiO E10K doesn't really feel like it's enough for these headphones. :smile:

Jul 13, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #8,201 of 15,536
Hi All,

New here, located in The Netherlands. I have been a music lover and audiophile for a long time, listened for more than a decade to electrostatic speakers of Quad (ESL 57) and Stax Sigma headphones. Unfortunately, the electrostatic speakers have gone (no space for them anymore, my wife dislikes them as well). So, I recently focus on headphones and iems (Focal Clear, AQ Nighthawk, CA Andromeda). I am really impressed by the nice reviews and discussions that can be found here on Head Fi. Very, very helpful. Looking forward to learn much more and share some of my personal experiences. Thanks folks!

Jul 13, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #8,202 of 15,536
Sup Guys,

Figured I would start here as a new member. I have been listening to mostly normal stuff buying sub $200 headphones over the years, Ive got stuff like Bose QC35s for flying and AirPods for walking around. But I hardly ever listen to music since I am a digital nomad and just have my laptop and phone. I felt super bummed talking with my GF a few weeks back about how it was weird I had no music. That same day while installing some stuff I randomly found my old iTunes folder backup on a external hard drivel. Like holy crap! I didn't even realize I was traveling around with so much stuff. I was in Tokyo at the time so while checking out a Bic I was telling her about these Shure headphones I had wanted for a few years but just never needed them. They were Sure 215's, I just thought the clear looked cool. We listened to some demo stuff and they were quite good for the price really. We ended up buying her a pair but I am a perfectionist. When I saw the next model up and the next and the next.. Well suddenly I needed 846's. I totally blame Tokyo for having such a amazing selection of stores and demos of stuff. While not a member yet I used this board to research my investment and learned about other IEM's and DAP's.

I ended up going to E-Earphone in Akihabara and started to demo everything in my 1k price range. based on reviews here and my own ears I ended up getting a mint used pair of Andromedas over the Shure's. The used Shure's are like half retail price so that worried me. Plus the Andros sounded way better. Not more than a few days after of listening on my iPhone X and Laptop did I realize there is quite a difference. The Laptop powered them MUCH better than the iPhone did. Again board posts confirmed all this here. So once again back to E-Earphones! I must have gone there like 8 times. Now to solve my no portable music nonsense and to power my Andros I have a Sony NW-ZX300. I grabbed a Nobunaga Labs hybrid 4.4 balanced cable to round out my spending spree.

Currently not planing on buying anything for a long long while considering I now own most peoples end game set up so I am collecting hi-res audio now.

TL;DR Was in Tokyo for a few months, decided to go all in and bought Andromeda's, Sony NW-ZX300 and, 4.4 balance cable. Having access to tax free used items and the ability to demo anything and everything is amazing. I highly recommend E-Earphones in Akihabara.
Welcome to the Dark side.

Jul 14, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #8,203 of 15,536
Hi All!

New on here but been a headphone addict with first real pair being a set of Stax headphones bought in 1986!

Now am fascinated with the new crop of IEMs having heard a friend's pair of LZs recently.

Look forward to talking with you.
Hi Roman337,

Great to hear that you also had Stax headphones. I bought my Sigma's in the 1990s. Sold them recently. Now enjoying some new products like the Focal Clear and Campfire Audio iems. Interesting times for headphone aficionado's. I hope you enjoy Head-Fi and discover some great stuff!

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #8,204 of 15,536
Hello, all--an audiophile friend turned me onto this website a couple years ago, and I have to say I found the depth of knowledge and reviews to be astounding. In no time, I'd bought my first IEMs based on a review on this site.

If I wish to post, and am a newbie, how does one submit for moderator approval?

Also, oh no--I meant to type 'sayhitobuldy' as my screen name, being bald. Lol.

Jul 15, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #8,205 of 15,536
Hi there,
I joined up a while back but never introduced myself. Im a pc gamer who ditched his logitech z5500 cumbersome 5.1 system due to the arrival of our son. Opting for a leaner and quieter set up in the shape of Kingston hyperX cloud headset.
I was enjoying them for a while until my son got hold of them and bent them right out of shape making them too loose to wear.
So now I was in the market, looking for a new set. This is where I made a sort of a breakthrough reading various gaming forums, on the merrits of choosing a set of headphones rather than an headset. I did some research and dipped my toes into the mid range audiophille realm and bought a set of sennheiser HD650's. I complimented these by also upgrading my sound card to a asus essence stx ii. I finally understood all that jargon about rediscovering my music collection and got hooked. Not happy with the clamping force of the HD650s I returned them and exchanged them for BEYERDYNAMIC DT 880 pro's. Far more comfortable for long sessions IMO.
My most recent purchase is a set of Sony XBA N 1AP IEMs, I bought these to make use of HI Res audio on my Sony Z3 tablet. They sound great through my pc setup but the Z3 lacks the power to drive them sufficiently, so I might start looking for a better portable player. Thanks for reading. Great site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back