New Member Introductions thread
Jul 4, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #8,161 of 15,538
Hello all! My names David and im in the greater Seattle area of the beautiful PNW. I enjoy watching reviews and completely blame Zeos for my budding descent into audio madness. I'm slightly active over on Reddit so I thought I should have an account over here as well.

Jul 4, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #8,162 of 15,538
Hi all, finally made a Headfi account. I might be new here, but I'm not new to high end audio. Dad got me hooked with his beautiful stereo stack and deep cassette/cd collection. Getting back into the world of headphones due to a change in living situation. While I may be experienced when it comes to home audio, my headphone use has mostly been confined to the HD600 and 650.

I have perused headfi threads for years without making an account. Now want to take part in the classifieds section. Seems like the only place that has people buying and selling higher end headphones and specially headphone amps/dacs on the regular.

Another place to keep an eye on for buying and selling gear is over on Reddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/AVexchange. I've noticed that not all the listings from there appear on here and vice-versa.

Jul 4, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #8,163 of 15,538
Another place to keep an eye on for buying and selling gear is over on Reddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/AVexchange. I've noticed that not all the listings from there appear on here and vice-versa.

I have actually bought a whole bunch of gear on /r/AVexchange and have been frequenting the sub for the past 5ish months. Sadly the place isn't very good for higher end or more obscure/niche amps/dacs. Also, the volume of listings is much lower than the classifieds here. For instance, I have already come across multiple Bottlehead Cracks on sale on my first attempt at using Head-fi classifieds. I have been looking out for a decently priced one on AVexchange for quite a while now.

Jul 5, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #8,164 of 15,538
Hi everyone from France, Paris,

Plize excuse my bad english lol :wink:

I will make some efforts :wink:

Very honored to be here, after a lot of years spent to read many and many contributions.

Cheers,

David :)

Jul 7, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #8,168 of 15,538
Hello everyone,
my Name is Toby and i'm from Germany. I was getting in Hi-Fi Gear around Christmas Time when a friend of mine bought a questyle qp1r. Got interested in it as i am hearing music all the time.
Tuesday i got my Hiby R3 and after paying around 90€ for a 150 dollar device i decided to get into HF to tell this.
Have a nice day all you community members!

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #8,169 of 15,538
Hello everyone,
I'm Naris from Bethesda, Maryland, US. I'm a long time audiophile with a system at home but new to the headphone stuff. I thought why not bring hifi to the office so I got myself a Hifiman 400I and realized that my PC cannot drive it well. So I got on this forum and quickly ordered Schiit Valhalla which is on the way. Well after reading more, it looks like Valhalla would struggle with 30 ohm headphone so I purchased Schiit Lyr 2 as well. Lol looks like I'm going to need another good 300 ohm headphone. Oops rookie mistakes.

Jul 9, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #8,173 of 15,538
Hello all, Favio from NY here.

I've been lurking on and off for several years but only recently signed up. I would consider myself a budget audiophile and Head-Fi has proven to be quite useful in helping me make decisions. I am in the process of re-thinking some things and figured I should sign up to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back