New Member Introductions thread
May 21, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #7,936 of 15,590
Hi Everyone,

I have got a lot of useful information from reading this forum, so I thought I would join and see if I can help someone else.
I use Windows 10 PC, Qobuz, Audioquest Dragonfly Red and Shure SRH1540 for most of my listening. I have Bose QC35 II for watching the telly and Sennheiser GSP 350 for Skype and gaming.

Regards, Jim

May 21, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #7,939 of 15,590
Hello Head-Fi,

My audio system -- with speakers -- gets most of my attention, but I am also a long time Sennheiser HD600 owner. I reach for headphones to enjoy later night listening without waking up anyone and also log some hours with whatever I plug into my Avalon U5 (musical instrument DI).

I enjoy modern blues, classic rock, jazz trios, and chamber music. What I like most about headphone listening is more easily hearing details in recordings.

Most likely to be lurking in the forums for sources and classifieds. See you there!

May 21, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #7,940 of 15,590
Hello all, Im using a 660s and LDC2C and have some Massdrop Plus IEMs on the way. Still not totally satisfied with my Amp/Dac situation. My Jot with balanced is a bit harsh and my R2R-11 seems a bit subdued in the bass dept. I listen to a wide range of music so thinking of Lyr3 with the multibit. Ty all. I look forwarding to sharing this pasion with you.

May 22, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #7,941 of 15,590
Hello all! Been secretly stalking for years and have harvested a lot of great advice from these forums. Currently mixing and matching between a Audeze Sine, iSine20, Master & Dynamics MH40, Sony WH-1000mk2 and Dragonfly Red/RME ADI-2 DAC. Have now set my eyes and ears on the ultimate prize - the Utopia.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #7,942 of 15,590
Hallo everyone, i've been alwawys looking on this forum because its so trusted. curently im owning 3 DAP (sony nw a-35; Cayin N3; Fiio X1 1st gen) as my portable sources, and for my cans i have ATH-M40x, ATH-AR5bt, and Bose AE2 wireless. sometimes i use my IEM's too wich are Pioneer SE-CH5T and MEE M6 pro. i did tried also using SMSL M2 amp/dac combo with my Phone. Im planning to sell my 2 DAPs and just using one source. i alreay rulled out Fiio X1 from my list, now im still confuse between Sony A-35 and Cayin N3. i did an Objective comparism with both of them, sony without any sound enhacement or EQ, for the Cayin N3 i turn off EQ and i set on Low gain ( because my logic, sony only have 35mW per 16Ohm output power. so to be fair i put the cayin on low gain and their should on the same rage output power). From my A-B ing comparism, sound quality cayin N3 has more forward focal and make the music more fuller, in the other hand sony has leaner focal, but it shines the instrument and the detail on higher Freq. i have to say wiith Cayin i have wider range of Headphones to use consider the Gain Function, with Sony nw a-35 you would be fine with most IEMs but using headphone is very depandable how hard to drive you cans. i would say under 40 Ohm you can still drive your Headphone properly with sony nw a-35 on high volume ( around 80-100/120). from that most poeple would say just pick Cayin N3. but the problem is i have ATH-AR5bt and Bose AE2, wich are bluetooth headphone, and sometimes i do enjoy the perks of wireless connection. from the bluetooth comparism, hand down to LADC sony, i dont understand really how LADC works, but it suppose to deliver digital data 3 times faster than normal Bluetooth. in my ear i did hear improvement with LADC from sony, somehow my Audio blutooth quality is better. in the other hand Cayin only have 4.0 aptx, its good connection, but my bluetooth cans have 4.1 and 4.2 version, wich means i got really poor bluetooth connection.
well, i registered this forum in hope i can get some oppinions and helps from you guys :)

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #7,945 of 15,590
New member from Hawaii, I've been lurking a lot in the last month, thought I should sign up. I just started researching IEMs so I don't have much to offer, I hope I can help in the future. For now, I'll probably be asking a lot of questions, thanks for having me.

I'm currently listening to an Fiio X1 Gen 2 through Audio Technica LS200's.

May 24, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #7,948 of 15,590
Hi everyone, greetings from Switzerland!
I’m in the headphones camp since last year, bought me HD650 to afford some late night listening with small kids at home. Initially used them with Naim SN2 directly, but later built my own Bottlehead Crack and it took them to a different level.
amazing combo... I am a big fan of the HD600 and the HD650 with tubes. Glad you are enjoying your self!
-Craig
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and quite new into headphones. I guess the apple dont fall to far from the tree. I know my father was a long time forum member before he pased away. I'm allways been more into speakers and amps than to headphones. But when I got my Sennheiser 650 from my dad, just before he pased, I started to see the beuty in cans.

Right now I'm looking Into some vintage cans, the sonab H20. Anyone here thats actually been trying these weird beutys?
I'm sorry to hear about your father. He would be happy that you're able to get happiness from his 650's!

I'm more into listening to speakers too, but man, headphones are just too easy... Its nice to just be able to pick up and listen. also I don't annoy my gf as much now (key words here are "as much") :L3000:
-Craig
They are so different. Personally, I really, really like the warmth in the HD650, which differs so markedly from the brighter sound of the HD800. So I guess the main thing is just that variety is the spice of life, I suppose. To me, the HD650 is just so special. Seems like you may agree...
After I got my HD800 my HD600's are collecting dust! I liked the 650 but the 600 was more for me. I also got a modded pair that had the foam inserts taken out. So basically its a 600 that is tuned a little brighter toward the HD800. Different strokes for different folks for sure. I wonder what amount of people that have heard both the HD600 and the HD650 prefer the HD650. Hmmmm
-Craig
What's up guys, my name is Greg and im a headphone addict. I started with a HD650 many years ago and have not moved on grow my collection. I currently own a pair of HD700, 800S, K712, HE500, HE560, LCD2, LCD3, TH-900, TH-X00, D7000, D7200, Ether Flow C, and LCDXC.

I might have a problem but for now im enjoying it.
Man you have quite the collection!! Have you tried anything from the Focal line up? I saw you didn't have one in your listing. B961CD98-D351-431A-BFFB-73D9F9835FA9.jpeg
-Craig
Hello all! I'm VVord and I just started to become a headphone loving gamer.
Gaming is how I got into this hobby. Headphones + Virtual surround sound = Nirvana for me.
Hello guys! I've just found a new way to burn my wallet and spoil my ears. I'm kinda new in this field so be kind please! Thank you and looking forward to contribute and to know more about the community!
Don't forget, a thinner wallet fits in your pants more comfortably :ksc75smile:. I hear ya though. I think I spent about $400 this month on tubes for my amp... Hang in there. The sound is worth it.
-Craig
Hello Head-Fi,

My audio system -- with speakers -- gets most of my attention, but I am also a long time Sennheiser HD600 owner. I reach for headphones to enjoy later night listening without waking up anyone and also log some hours with whatever I plug into my Avalon U5 (musical instrument DI).

I enjoy modern blues, classic rock, jazz trios, and chamber music. What I like most about headphone listening is more easily hearing details in recordings.

Most likely to be lurking in the forums for sources and classifieds. See you there!
Very cool. I am a big fan of the HD600 like I mentioned earlier. Are you amping your 600? Any modern blues track that you really like right now? I am big on all the genres you mentioned, except I don't know any chamber music?

-Craig

Hi all, fairly new to the hifi world. I am mainly a gamer that is trying to break away from awful audio. I've been lurking the forums but i'd like to post and get some advice :)
Trying to break away from bad audio IN gaming is tough to do.... Sadly sound in audio has not even remotely caught up with graphics.

What games are you playing right now? What headphones you using for gaming?

-Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
May 24, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #7,949 of 15,590
With the man cave next to the bedroom, the wife didn't want a speaker system installed
but said headphones would keep a happy wife and happy life. :) So I just got a Jotunheim
and AKG K 7XX's and joined the site to learn how much I don't know. Hah!

May 24, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #7,950 of 15,590
I'm a new member from Tornado Alley (Oklahoma). I found this site while researching the Hiby R6. Mine shipped from Musicteck today. I'm up-grading from an Ipod nano. I use it all day every workday as my office gets absolutely no radio reception because of the shielding in the walls. It's an old research facility. Nice to meet everyone. Hope to learn a lot and occasionally provide insight and feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back