New Member Introductions thread
May 16, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #7,923 of 15,537
Hello, my name is Alexander, I’m from LA. I’ve been interested for a long time in music but just 1 year ago I received my first (closed) headphones (ATH-M50x) as a gift , 2 weeks ago I purchased my first headamp Creek OBH-21SE + OBH-2 DC source (both used) and a few days ago I ordered a Beyerdynamic DT 1350 (ETA this Friday), bcz the price was too good (below $150). 2 days ago I upgraded the DC source’s components bcz I couldn’t control myselft after seeing one for sale with upgraded components (in the ad all the new parts were listed and there were some awesome photos). Since I use the headphones mostly when I’m in bed and when my wife is sleeping, I’m limited to closed phones only but I’m missing the recording’s soundstage so I’m looking forward to buying my first open headphones soon. The ATH-M50x are already up for sale.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #7,924 of 15,537
Hi, I am a long time IEM listener but am new to Head-Fi. My setup is Foobar2000/Chord Mojo/Etymotic ER4XR's. I see a lot of talk about the HD800's. I have been considering the new 660s headset for a more casual approach to listening. Any feedback to that idea, or should I wait and get the 800 series?

May 18, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #7,927 of 15,537
Hello, my name is Jon and I am a former behavioural psycologist who is now a kitchen manager, who is aiming to start a career in carpentry or green energy. I was originally brought to higher quality headphones by my wanting to re-experience my music library to my tastes.

May 18, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #7,930 of 15,537
Hi Im Nick, not much of an audiophile but liking the forums so far.

Initially came for help replacing the cable on my CHC Silverados, apparently that's a known issue with very few fixes.

I bought them a few years back while apparently the company was going under for super cheap, recently "rediscovered" them in a box of unpacked moved goods and ordered a splitter that im 65% sure wont work. Im super strapped for cash but I hate to see the best headphones Ive ever had continue to go unused if at all remedied for low low $.

May 19, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #7,931 of 15,537
New audio dude from Finland. Until now I have just been surfing around head-fi forums. I already have small, medium or large audio gear collection, depending on perspective. I currently own HE4XX, HD6XX, Grado SR 325i, Modhouse Argon MK III's, Philips Fidelio X2's and few other. On the amp/dac section I have audio-gd R2R 11, Darkvoice and Epiphany Acoustics EHP-02.

May 20, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #7,933 of 15,537
Hi, I am relatively new to HIFI world. I started my journey HD600 and Aune X1s a few months ago. Just recently upgraded my Aune system to RME ADI-2 DAC and waiting to add TH-X00 PH from massdrop. I currently listen to EDM (deep house) more with my DT 770 80 Ohm.

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #7,935 of 15,537
New audio dude from Finland. Until now I have just been surfing around head-fi forums. I already have small, medium or large audio gear collection, depending on perspective. I currently own HE4XX, HD6XX, Grado SR 325i, Modhouse Argon MK III's, Philips Fidelio X2's and few other. On the amp/dac section I have audio-gd R2R 11, Darkvoice and Epiphany Acoustics EHP-02.
Welcome aboard, @Smulder!! That's a nice setup you've got... ---)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back