New Member Introductions thread
Jan 12, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #7,171 of 15,649
In my case the very first moment I plugged LCD-X it was dissapoiniting. It was like they needed some burn-in time. After few days I experienced huge improvment on sound quality but it didn't steal my heart, either. I loved mids, voices but couldn't get use to overwhelming bass and weight (675grams without cable). They also have a bit of veil but only for some recordings. Others was quite open and airy but some still sounded muffled. For me there was some lack of coherence between mid and treble. I miss them sometimes for their lovely mids with rich fabric and a bit of warmness but I do listen 6-8 hours a day and my neck was in a huge pain after few sessions also I think I'm looking for cans with a bit of a different sound signature.

Somehow I preffered HD600s sound over those two. I sold LCD-X but still needed an upgrade over HD600s so I ordered Stax 3100 system. It should be here in a week.
The weight is a big breaking point for a lot of people. I think it’s sad since audeze house sound is quite popular. BUT if you don’t like a lot of bass then it will turn you off... I love the hd600 and own one my self.

Hope you enjoy your new set up!

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #7,172 of 15,649
Howdy, evabuddy. I'm new to the headphone scene, and only really got interested when I got in on the Massdrop deal on the HD6XX cans, and then grabbing a TEAC AI101DA amp/DAC to push them. I have a few, fairly cheap HP's like the Sony MDR-v6, Monoprice Retros ( After watching the Z Review video on them.), Spadger CD-990 ( very comfortable and very balanced sound.) and a pair of terrible-sounding Lyx 'phones at their lowest-price tier.

I've been busy gearing up my near-field system I have attached to this gaming PC, but within a few months I'm planning on either the Emotiva Flex amp, or the t-100 integrated amp/DAC for headphones/speakers-sub.

Jan 13, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #7,173 of 15,649
Howdy, evabuddy. I'm new to the headphone scene, and only really got interested when I got in on the Massdrop deal on the HD6XX cans, and then grabbing a TEAC AI101DA amp/DAC to push them. I have a few, fairly cheap HP's like the Sony MDR-v6, Monoprice Retros ( After watching the Z Review video on them.), Spadger CD-990 ( very comfortable and very balanced sound.) and a pair of terrible-sounding Lyx 'phones at their lowest-price tier.

I've been busy gearing up my near-field system I have attached to this gaming PC, but within a few months I'm planning on either the Emotiva Flex amp, or the t-100 integrated amp/DAC for headphones/speakers-sub.
Welcome, @trog69!! Sorry about what is about to happen to your wallet... ---)

Jan 14, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #7,175 of 15,649
Hello everybody. As so many, I have been a lurker in this forum for quite a while and profited quite a bit from the knowledge and useful tips shared here. So a big thank you is due!

Just recently I added an AK70 MK2 (replacing the AK100), the Audeze iSine 10 (not replacing anything really, just had to get this planar IEM) and a Linum BAX balanced cable to my ever-growing collection, and I have to say I am quite impressed by this combination, a listening pleasure indeed. I was particularly surprised by the sound improvement the balanced set up offers, listening to Ibrahim Maalouf`s Illusions blew me away, never heard this great album so crisp and punchy before. This surely will not stop my continuous hunt for an even better listening experience, but satisfies me for now :)

Happy to have joined this great community.

Jan 14, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #7,176 of 15,649
Hello everybody. As so many, I have been a lurker in this forum for quite a while and profited quite a bit from the knowledge and useful tips shared here. So a big thank you is due!

Just recently I added an AK70 MK2 (replacing the AK100), the Audeze iSine 10 (not replacing anything really, just had to get this planar IEM) and a Linum BAX balanced cable to my ever-growing collection, and I have to say I am quite impressed by this combination, a listening pleasure indeed. I was particularly surprised by the sound improvement the balanced set up offers, listening to Ibrahim Maalouf`s Illusions blew me away, never heard this great album so crisp and punchy before. This surely will not stop my continuous hunt for an even better listening experience, but satisfies me for now :)

Happy to have joined this great community.
Welcome, @HeadPhonoSaurus!!

Jan 14, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #7,177 of 15,649
Hi guys,

Been reading head fi for quite some time, now I am joining as member. Long time music lover with home audio and new for these portable audio. i like the sound of tube amps and looking for portable audio that more like my reference stereo tube setup

Erwinatm

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #7,178 of 15,649
Hi.

Another long time lurker finally joining up.

You can all share the credit/blame for me buying an Aeon Flow Open this last Christmas. Wallet doesn't love it, but I do :)

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #7,183 of 15,649
Hello all -

I came across this forum in the course of researching headphones and then again while researching headphone amps. I settled on a pair of Sennheiser HD650s. Still looking into amps, but i’ve Narrowed it down to: Valhalla 2, Little Dot Mk IV, Woo Audio WA3. I enjoy all types of music with a special fondness for acoustic & electric guitar. In fact, a primary use of my setup will be to listen to myself play amplified while my wife sleeps.

Any thoughts on the amp?

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back