New Member Introductions thread
Aug 30, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #6,376 of 15,538
What's your first item(s) you've got your eyes set on?

right now I want to learn more about dacs and amps. I like budget things, and I'm in the process of setting up a budget audiophile vinyl listening station video for my wife. I want a nice amp or dac or whatever I would need to power some solid speakers and run a good pair of headphones with that will give the vinyl that quality sound it deserves.

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #6,377 of 15,538
right now I want to learn more about dacs and amps. I like budget things, and I'm in the process of setting up a budget audiophile vinyl listening station video for my wife. I want a nice amp or dac or whatever I would need to power some solid speakers and run a good pair of headphones with that will give the vinyl that quality sound it deserves.
Ah okay, sounds good! So many options to read, for sure - hopefully you'll be able to pick up what you want and need for your wife and yourself.

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #6,378 of 15,538
I am new here. Do I need to have some posts before I can post a threat in the sale/trade forum?
As a new member, I wouldn't go around making threats in any forum:ksc75smile:. But maybe you can post right away, but apparently without pictures until reaching some plateau.

Phil in gorgeous Young Harris, Georgia, USA...owner of nothing really special, but lots of stuff. However, I do now own an LG V10...

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #6,379 of 15,538
As a new member, I wouldn't go around making threats in any forum:ksc75smile:. But maybe you can post right away, but apparently without pictures until reaching some plateau.

Phil in gorgeous Young Harris, Georgia, USA...owner of nothing really special, but lots of stuff. However, I do now own an LG V10...
Welcome aboard, Phil!!

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #6,380 of 15,538
Hi guys. New to the forums. Somewhat new to the world of headphones. I own some Shure e4 IEMs, a pair of Sony MDRv6, a few old gaming headsets, KSC75, various low end earbuds. I am pretty happy with the sound of the e4 and the sony MDR, but am joining to share some of my DIY projects. Right now I am working on an over the ear Koss KSC75 mod. Its based on the Sony MDR form factor to accept the same headbands and earpads, but uses custom wood and acrylic cups and the KSC 75 drivers. Here is a photo. I am hoping to share more about it in the DIY section once I get the ability to post. Cheers!

4T0RF78.jpg
[/IMG]
4T0RF78.jpg

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #6,381 of 15,538
Hi guys. New to the forums. Somewhat new to the world of headphones. I own some Shure e4 IEMs, a pair of Sony MDRv6, a few old gaming headsets, KSC75, various low end earbuds. I am pretty happy with the sound of the e4 and the sony MDR, but am joining to share some of my DIY projects. Right now I am working on an over the ear Koss KSC75 mod. Its based on the Sony MDR form factor to accept the same headbands and earpads, but uses custom wood and acrylic cups and the KSC 75 drivers. Here is a photo. I am hoping to share more about it in the DIY section once I get the ability to post. Cheers!

4T0RF78.jpg
[/IMG]
4T0RF78.jpg
Welcome, and wow, nice headphone and setup!

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #6,383 of 15,538
Aug 31, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #6,385 of 15,538
Thank you! that is a prototype so the caps are unfinished, but I am working on a couple other pair in the same design that look more professional. You dont even want to see the very first prototype. U.G.L.Y
So far, it's looking good! I don't know...I've seen quite a few headphone prototypes that may not have seen better days. :fearful:

Aug 31, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #6,386 of 15,538
Hi guys. I am new :D

As quality gear maniac I decided to join this amazing community and hopefully learn something here (and maybe sometimes give a good advice) :D
My current gear is Beyerdynamic T51p so feel free to ask me any related questions about these headphones :) As a main source I use rooted Android Nexus 6p with "Viper 4 Arisse" audio mod.

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #6,388 of 15,538
Hi guys. I am new :D

As quality gear maniac I decided to join this amazing community and hopefully learn something here (and maybe sometimes give a good advice) :D
My current gear is Beyerdynamic T51p so feel free to ask me any related questions about these headphones :) As a main source I use rooted Android Nexus 6p with "Viper 4 Arisse" audio mod.
Welcome aboard, snky1987!! As is often said around here, sorry about your wallet... ---)

Aug 31, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #6,389 of 15,538
Hello Head-Fi.

I know, I know. "Sorry about your wallet." :grin: I really would like to know who on this site came up with that phrase.

I've been stalking this site for the past 5 years or more now. I've come to recognized some of the Headphoneus Supremus by their title names and know which reviewers I respect the most. Thanks to an audiophile classmate I had I was introduced to this forum years ago, when asking him what headphones he thought I should get. He had the Audio-Technica A900x, which sounded glorious to my $10 IEM ears. I loved music then and still do. Instead of telling me which to buy, he pointed me the direction of research. "Teach a man to fish", right? Thanks Robbie. I ended up getting the older model M50 and have loved them ever since. And yes I did wear them to school.

I have tried headphones at every store I could, including B&H in NYC, and none match the sound of these headphones in their price category. I am therefore convinced my purchase was sound, and am happy about it 5 years later. I know the M50's get a lot of hate from some on this site, and I too recognize certain "things" about them, but there is a good reason people keep recommending them. And I approve.

I've decided that I can afford some better headphones and after a great deal of research and bidding on eBay, have the Austrian AKG Q701's coming in next week at the insane price of $78 plus shipping. It shocks me how headphones have gone down in price since I first started stalking this site. And how poor headphone resale value is. I would have never thought I could afford cans like this. Now I can't help, but think I can get others. Oh, there goes the wallet!

Since I'm finally getting what I believe to be "Audiophile" worthy cans, with the intention of getting others, I though I should join the fray on this forum. Now I just gotta figure out how to use it.

Aug 31, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #6,390 of 15,538
Nice to meet you James, I feel like I'm in the same boat. I didn't even know much about DIY headphones till I got my first pair of drivers and now I'm learning/researching on what to go with them so I can build a full set. I've heard nothing but great stuff about the ModMic, people who watch my channel are always asking me about it. What DIY projects are you looking to start on?
Nice to meet you as well! I want to get into building IEMs, currently, I am just playing around with headphones mods and the basic stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back