New Member Introductions thread
May 27, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #5,702 of 15,533
Hello all, I registered because I am always looking if some additional gizmo would improve my setup. I have a Mac laptop, a Lyr amp and Hifiman 400i headphones. Sound is fantastic but would some DAC/? make a radical improvement? e.g. Modi/Uber/Multibit? Who knows? :wink:

May 27, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #5,703 of 15,533
Hello all, I registered because I am always looking if some additional gizmo would improve my setup. I have a Mac laptop, a Lyr amp and Hifiman 400i headphones. Sound is fantastic but would some DAC/? make a radical improvement? e.g. Modi/Uber/Multibit? Who knows? :wink:
If you go with a Modi, I would definitely try and go with a Multibit, assuming it is in the budget. It sounds really good.

May 27, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #5,705 of 15,533
Hi there

My name is Aran (Aaron). I'm still relatively new to the world of high end audio, but as a lover of music it's been quite a fun experience. As well as being an engineering student it's also a great aspect to see and learn about the complex electrical engineering involved. I believe my head-fi introductory email requested my first post should be here. I must say the community on here is great, I've used head-fi as a research tool before but I've decided to sign up, i hope to learn a lot from this great community being a newbie myself. With my endeavours so far, i must say this whole quest of achieving godly audio has been a blast. Currently working on achieving my own little end-game setup before diminishing returns becomes crazy :)

May 27, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #5,706 of 15,533
Hi there

My name is Aran (Aaron). I'm still relatively new to the world of high end audio, but as a lover of music it's been quite a fun experience. As well as being an engineering student it's also a great aspect to see and learn about the complex electrical engineering involved. I believe my head-fi introductory email requested my first post should be here. I must say the community on here is great, I've used head-fi as a research tool before but I've decided to sign up, i hope to learn a lot from this great community being a newbie myself. With my endeavours so far, i must say this whole quest of achieving godly audio has been a blast. Currently working on achieving my own little end-game setup before diminishing returns becomes crazy :)

Ah, yes. Those diminishing returns. Best of luck with those...---)

May 27, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #5,709 of 15,533
Hi everyone,

Been getting more into headphones lately, although I still love my two channel system. The headphones I'm using are he 400i running through either my Oppo HA-1 or Chord Mojo. I've been looking around Head-Fi for while and figured it's time to get in on the discussion. Thanks for all the great info I've gotten so far.

May 27, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #5,710 of 15,533
Hi everyone,

Been getting more into headphones lately, although I still love my two channel system. The headphones I'm using are he 400i running through either my Oppo HA-1 or Chord Mojo. I've been looking around Head-Fi for while and figured it's time to get in on the discussion. Thanks for all the great info I've gotten so far.
Welcome, @MickelJam! We're very sorry about your wallet... ---)

May 27, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #5,714 of 15,533
I currently have 5 pairs of headphones -- each more expensive than the last. I have the feeling that I might be caught in some sort of downward spiral... but I love it!
That is the rabbit hole. Welcome.

May 27, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #5,715 of 15,533
Hello everyone, after some time looking through some posts reviewing some DAC players that I have been thinking of getting, I decided to join in here to get opinion or advice. Last time I had any portable player was the old ipod....Been reading up on Onkyo DP-X1 and Fiio X7...prob need to find a local place to audition them, maybe stop by local bestbuy, i have never seen one of the Dac there.
I think you mean Dap rather than Dac players. That said most can be used as Dacs. Not trying to berate you just helping you make more clear the questions to others that you will ask. A Dap is a digital audio player a Dac is a digital to analog converter. Haven't been to Best Buy in a while but I doubt they have either. Of those two I liked the Onkyo better but have not heard the amp modules that are available now for the Fiio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back