New Member Introductions thread
Apr 20, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #5,477 of 15,536
The Galaxy S8 pre-order deal ends today. Part of that deal is the VR Experience Box which includes a pair of AKG Y50BT headphones in addition to the other extras (for merely an additional 99 bucks when the value is well over 500). It will be my first set of AKGs so I absolutely am looking forward to it. My attention right now is really on Bluetooth 5.0 and the fact that aptX DOES come with the S8 and S8+. Those two combined are going to make for some amazing audio streaming over my Audioengine B1 (which I cannot recommend enough). Finally, it took many years, but Bluetooth is becoming as important to the masses as it is to us in that it expands (but never replaces) our listening options past wired solutions and with not too much of an insulting degradation in quality. Yes, it gets expensive, but you only live once, and there's nothing more intoxicating than perfectly transmitted music from the source to your head. It's pure magic. Definitely a wedding anyone would cry at. :sweat_smile::sunglasses:

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #5,480 of 15,536
Hey guys. New here. My name is Ash and I guess I am just getting started with the headphone game.
Nothing over the top in my gear.
Sennheiser Momentum Wireless
Bose QC35
AKG Q701
FiiO E17K Alpen 2
For now anyway :)

Apr 21, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #5,485 of 15,536
  Hey,

My name is Jason.  I am really new to this and moving from a gaming headset that is dieing (Siberia 800).  Looking to make a jump to a good set of headphones and a separate microphone.  

Welcome. Very good, I think this is the perfect place for your search.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #5,486 of 15,536
Hello Head-Fi!

I'm Jurumal! I've always been into headphones but now I'm beginning to become obsessed with them! I'm now the proud new owner of Focal Elear. My collection also includes Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 BT, Fostex T50RP Mk III, Phillips SHP9500, Beats Studio Wireless, Jaybird BlueBuds X, X2, Apple Airbuds, Ultimate Ears Triple Fi. I have the Audioquest Dragonfly Red and the Fiio A5. Dream headphones: Audeze LCD-3 and Focal Utopia. Dream DAC/Amp: Schiit Mjolnir 2/Gungnir Multibit and Chord Hugo 2. Happy to be part of the community!

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #5,487 of 15,536
Hello!
"I am very happy to be here!" - Prince Akeem (hopefully someone gets that reference 
smile.gif
)

My name is Jay and like many of you, I am a music and headphone junkie. I love jams and I love cans.

My current top 5:
1. Beyer DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm
2. Beyer DT 770 Studio 80 Ohm
3. B&O H6
4. Sony MDR1A
5. Senn HD 558

Sources - Macbook Pro w/ FiiO A5, Cowon Plenue D, FiiO X5ii

L3000.gif

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #5,488 of 15,536
I just had my first audio purchase, based on the advice of a reviewer. I'd like to send a shout-out to ******* and his review thread about the Sound BlasterX G5... and it's appropriateness for a TOSlink to an XBox1.

I used the Toronto equivalent to eBay (kijiji) and picked up a Turtle Beach DSS2.

His help saved me from wasting a lot pf money on my first DAC/amp. Ohhhhhhh.... but I'll make up for it in time, eh. Fancy Schiit anyone on their XB1?

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #5,489 of 15,536
Hello Head-Fi!

I'm Jurumal! I've always been into headphones but now I'm beginning to become obsessed with them! I'm now the proud new owner of Focal Elear. My collection also includes Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 BT, Fostex T50RP Mk III, Phillips SHP9500, Beats Studio Wireless, Jaybird BlueBuds X, X2, Apple Airbuds, Ultimate Ears Triple Fi. I have the Audioquest Dragonfly Red and the Fiio A5. Dream headphones: Audeze LCD-3 and Focal Utopia. Dream DAC/Amp: Schiit Mjolnir 2/Gungnir Multibit and Chord Hugo 2. Happy to be part of the community!
Your dreaming the right way the Utopia's are outstanding . I think go for broke and get the Yggdrasil that's what I did and could not be happier.

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #5,490 of 15,536
buke9 I heard the whole Schiit line-up at this years CanJam SoCal. The Yggdrasil was amazing but I was already blown away by how the Mjolnir 2/Gungnir combo were making my T50RP sound more expensive then they were! So clean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back