New Member Introductions thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #5,464 of 15,597
Hello Hi Fidelity Fans,
I'm a long time reader to this forum and felt that it was time to sign up. Many of you are quite wise and I value your opinions and experiences. I am still searching for 'Audio Nirvana' . Once I get successfully logged in on my other devices where I can type with more than one finger, I will ask some questions (after using the search function) about DACs for use with my HD650's and Westone40s.
Cheers,
SouthBeach HiFi

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #5,465 of 15,597
Hi HiFi,

Just became interested in some nicer sound for travel and relaxing days off work. I travel between Miami and Seattle so a great overall travel setup is my first priority. I've only owned the 1more triple in ear and a Harmon Kardon bluetooth over the ear that was deeply discounted.  After a little reading I tried the B&O H6 with a FiiO Q1 but found the H6 lacking a low end so I am returning the H6's.  I listen to a little bit of everything but my roots are punk/hardcore/hip-hop.  After some reading, I pre-ordered the Aeons and will probably get the Jotenheim for home but I got on the Massdrop XDuoo XD-05 DAC/Amp drop for the daily commute.  Eventually I'm looking at the Woo WA-7D and maybe 1 or 2 higher end home use headphones. Space is a premium at home so a wall of equipment is not in my future. Just a few perfect (for me) pieces will do as I have other hobbies to maintain as well.

Regards,
MGWS

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #5,466 of 15,597
Good points MGWS,
I have flown that route many times. Prefer the Non-stop MIA to SeaTac. I got the 4 driver W40s for such a trip. The XDuoo looks interesting, I'm kinda looking at the little Oppo SE DAC/amp that will work with an iPhone 7+.
I dream of Woo Firefly 7 for home, or now I want the WA8 eclipse AS A TRANSPORTABLE tube !!!
Cheers
SouthBeach HiFi

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #5,467 of 15,597
Good points MGWS,
I have flown that route many times. Prefer the Non-stop MIA to SeaTac. I got the 4 driver W40s for such a trip. The XDuoo looks interesting, I'm kinda looking at the little Oppo SE DAC/amp that will work with an iPhone 7+.
I dream of Woo Firefly 7 for home, or now I want the WA8 eclipse AS A TRANSPORTABLE tube !!!
Cheers
SouthBeach HiFi

I thought about the W8 but good luck with TSA at MIA!  The Oppo SE is still an option but the XDuoo was a good deal so if I don't like it then it's no big deal.  The non-stop is the only way to go, I hate layovers.   If you get an Oppo and want to try the XDuoo just pm me and we can do a swap for testing.  I work at the UM medical campus so I'm not to far from SoBe.  

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #5,468 of 15,597
Greetings!  I have been a long-time reader who has learned much during that time, and finally decided to register.  I live in Washington DC USA, and reside in senior housing.  Our rooms are small and walls are thin so for practical purposes I have to go with headphones for music. My main HP's are a Phillips SHP9500, bought thanks to all the hype about it, and a Superlux 668B.  Not much else for now, glad to get the first post done.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #5,470 of 15,597
Hello from Ukraine!
I've got possibility for upgrade my music gear. All my entire life I've used a cheap solutions like Senheisser CX150 and now I plan to get better music experience. My friend recommend me to buy Steinberg Ur22 MKII for record guitar. Which headphones will be better for this? I've budget $150 and I wish use this headphones not only for record, but and for simple music listening (jazz, blues, electro, metal, rock).
Sorry for stupid questions, 'cause I'm newbie and for my English :wink:

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #5,471 of 15,597
Hello from Ukraine!
I've got possibility for upgrade my music gear. All my entire life I've used a cheap solutions like Senheisser CX150 and now I plan to get better music experience. My friend recommend me to buy Steinberg Ur22 MKII for record guitar. Which headphones will be better for this? I've budget $150 and I wish use this headphones not only for record, but and for simple music listening (jazz, blues, electro, metal, rock).
Sorry for stupid questions, 'cause I'm newbie and for my English :wink:

Open or closed ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back