New Member Introductions thread
Apr 18, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #5,452 of 15,536
Hi My name is Nigh
I join this forum because my friend is having fun here. Lol...
L3000.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #5,455 of 15,536
Hi everyone,

Kyl here, from Belgium. I don't really remember how and why I got here, on head-fi, but I'm glad I did (my bank not that much though) ! 

2 months ago I still only had my apple earbuds and my Dr Dre Beats Studio that I had bought in 2010. Since my beats were dying on me, I quickly got myself a bluetooth hp from Skullcandy, the Crusher Wireless. After that I started to look for something else, something better.
So after some basic google searchs, I discovered Zeos, Innerfidelity, Head-fi and etc. Since that, my collection grew a tiny bit. First, the Philips SHP9500 (I love them) which were a pain in the ass to get here since it is not sold on the european market and the fees you gotta pay here for imports are just bs.
Then the Philips X2 were on sale for 199€ and after all I have read about it I didn't even hesitate to take the plunge. But ended up returning them *sad face*.. Beautiful headphones, that sound good too, it's just that to my ears, the mids, and especially the vocals were recessed. I like my vocals to be forward (which is why I love the shp so much) so after 2 weeks of listening with the X2, I decided that its sound wasn't for me.
My latest acquisition : Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO. MSRP : 599€. But found them new for 479€ so... Oh and I got myself a Dragonfly Red for the beyerdynamic but gotta say, on the macbook it doesn't improve the sound, it just changes it a bit (slightly cleaner bass and more echo with the vocals ?) and the amp gives you more volume but that's it, I was hoping to get a dramatic improvement so you can say I'm slightly disappointed. I'm hesitating between getting a different usb dac, the LH LABS GO2A or a desktop dac, the Sony UDA 1.

Anyway, I'm totally broke now 
smile_phones.gif
,  broke but happy whenever I look to my cans !

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #5,457 of 15,536
Hello from Colorado.  New guy here.  I've enjoyed headphones for 35 years but never owned anything high end.  I'm becoming interested in taking the plunge now.  Looking forward to RMAF in the fall so I can actually hear the great products I've been reading about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back