New Member Introductions thread
Mar 21, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #5,282 of 15,537
Hello, I am new to this forum.

I have been reading on and off for some time, but not really very frequently. Although I am new to the headphones family, I am not new to hifi. I listen to music regularly through my living room hifi system, comprising of NAS drive, Auralic Aries streamer, Devialet DAC/amp, and Magico S1 loudspeakers. My musical taste varies from classical through jazz to (alternative) rock.

Apart from an AKG-240 back in the '80s, I have never owned a serious headphone. For on the road listening I have always used IEM's, and not too expensive ones. My current IEM's are Hifiman RE400. And I listened straight out of my iPhone. But about two weeks ago I bought a humble DragonFly Red DAC, and my listening joy has improved tremendously. My IEM's prove to be much better than I thought, and I can listen for much longer before getting tired. This asks for more.....

Hence, I am now looking into a more serious headphone that I can use both at home and while traveling. So I hope to learn a lot from you all here. After some reading and searching on the internet, I am thinking about buying an Oppo PM-3. I will definitely post some questions in the "PM-3 Impressions" thread.

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #5,283 of 15,537
Hello, this is my first post on head-fi.org.

I joined because I have been reading this forum for a while and love it... so many enthusiastic people and so much information. I currently own a Sennheiser HD650 and use it with a Creek OBH-11 SE amplifier. Not very sophisticated and I should probably upgrade to something better.

Currently I am looking to improve my on the go equipment. I have just ordered Sennheiser IE800 and now I need to figure out what to pair it with. Some say that an audiophile mobile like the ZTE Axon 7 / HTC 10 / LG V10 / V20 etc. would do and others use dedicated DAP's or mobile + DAC. I lean towards just getting a new audiophile mobile. Will see what I end up with.

Some of the forums talk about this topic and I read them gleefully, but I have been wondering if some of the threads could benefit from using a poll of some kind in the first post or something. I think many come to the forums to find out what others use and to be influenced in what to buy next. Some threads have more than 500 posts and it can be quite daunting to try and find relevant posts. Consider "Good audiophile mobiles of 2017" as a thread topic for example. Would it not be nice to have a poll as the first post where everyone can vote for the most popular mobiles and suggest new to be added etc? Well, just a thought...

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #5,284 of 15,537
Hello everybody, I am new on this forum even doe I've read a lot of comments from this community over the years. Last year I bought a used pear of HIFIMAN HE1000 V1 just before the release of V2. It was a very good match for my Schiit Yggdrasil as a DAC and Schiit Ragnarok as headphone amp. At the time I had the Sennheiser HD800S which was not as natural sounding as the HE1000 and not as pleasurable to listen. I think that a good setup is the one that gives me goosebumps on my arms and chills on my spine. HE1000 V1 give me that almost every time and HD800S almost never, even though HD800S had a better imaging capacity. So I sold my HD800S.
If is anybody interested in knowing the differences between HD800S and HE1000 V1 on a solid state amp, let me know! 

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #5,286 of 15,537
Hello, it is nice to meet everyone!
My name is James. I just signed up today although I have been visiting the site off and on for a while now.  I just get a kick out of reading about how people describe in words about how things sound.  It is a difficult task, but if you get used to it and read about it enough, some descriptors become like a code that only the people of same interest can understand.  Yup, I have become a headphone junkie and am hopelessly lost in the quest to find the best of the best.  So, if you find the best, please let me know because I am not that hard to convince.  I will try anything once!  It all started with AK380 and Layla ii.  I am currently waiting for Shiit to ship my Yggy and Ragnarok... cannot wait!  I have been enjoying my Utopia and KSE1500 for the last couple of months, etc. So you get the picture.  Thanks for reading and hope to run into you sometime.

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #5,287 of 15,537
  Hello, it is nice to meet everyone!
My name is James. I just signed up today although I have been visiting the site off and on for a while now.  I just get a kick out of reading about how people describe in words about how things sound.  It is a difficult task, but if you get used to it and read about it enough, some descriptors become like a code that only the people of same interest can understand.  Yup, I have become a headphone junkie and am hopelessly lost in the quest to find the best of the best.  So, if you find the best, please let me know because I am not that hard to convince.  I will try anything once!  It all started with AK380 and Layla ii.  I am currently waiting for Shiit to ship my Yggy and Ragnarok... cannot wait!  I have been enjoying my Utopia and KSE1500 for the last couple of months, etc. So you get the picture.  Thanks for reading and hope to run into you sometime.

Welcome, James! We are so very sorry about your wallet.   ---)

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #5,293 of 15,537
Really nice to see all the new people joining Head-Fi.  Quite a global community - I've seen Russia, Germany, Croatia just in the last few pages here.  Awesome - welcome to all.
It is a good idea to read the FAQ section about posting guidelines.  Helpful advice for all new members.  Our moderators are cool folks.

Enjoy your music!
RCBinTN

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #5,294 of 15,537
Hello guys, I'm from Singapore.

I am one would describe as a music--lover, my family had the old turntable which we used to play classic LPs from the Eagles, Abba and Electric Light Orchestra. I have been following this site for a long time but never actually signed up, however today changes things.

Now I'm a proud owner of the Sennheiser HD650, after months of research and watching online video reviews but Head-Fi was the starting point. For that, I thank you guys for the immense work. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #5,295 of 15,537
  Hello guys, I'm from Singapore.

I am one would describe as a music--lover, my family had the old turntable which we used to play classic LPs from the Eagles, Abba and Electric Light Orchestra. I have been following this site for a long time but never actually signed up, however today changes things.

Now I'm a proud owner of the Sennheiser HD650, after months of research and watching online video reviews but Head-Fi was the starting point. For that, I thank you guys for the immense work. 

Welcome, @Spiffie! We are all very sorry about your wallet.  ---)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back