New Member Introductions thread
Mar 15, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #5,253 of 15,538
Hi guys new member post. I have been following this site for a while and have learnt so much about headphones already. My set up is Fiio x3 with e12a amp and oppo pm3 cans and rha t20i iem. I am looking for advice for some balanced cables for my oppo pm3 if anyone can shoot some recommendations or any techs that can build me some.
Cheers

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #5,254 of 15,538
Hi new here. I had my first hi-fi experience with a JVC EXD1 (mini stereo reciever that's 25Watts with 192/24 DAC) with wood cone speakers, still own and a decent first unit.

Currently my head-fi experience is pretty poor. But that'll change quickly. 

My current set-up are KRK KNS-8400 studio cans with an Enermax dreambass USB dongle (dreambass dongle not recommended). 

As far as a step-up goes I have pre-ordered the MrSpeakers Aeon as my step-up, with the Schiit Jotunheim/with dac ordered as well. Both will be on their way soon enough. 

And for my hi-fi upgrade bought a used set of Elac Uni-fi UB5 with a Monoprice Tube Hybrid AB Class 50Watt Amp. Hoping to grab a Schiit Vidar for some more power down the line. 

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #5,256 of 15,538
Hello! I'm new here and to high fidelity equipment. I started with a Shure SE215 LTD which lasted for at least 4 years! The left tip broke a few months ago and I frankensteined it to a new shell from eBay. Now, that left earpiece is dead and I'm left to wonder what to replace it! :frowning2:

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #5,257 of 15,538
  Hello! I'm new here and to high fidelity equipment. I started with a Shure SE215 LTD which lasted for at least 4 years! The left tip broke a few months ago and I frankensteined it to a new shell from eBay. Now, that left earpiece is dead and I'm left to wonder what to replace it! :frowning2:

Welcome, @entrylevelphile! You should start a new thread on this forum asking for help with your search for a new IEM. Folks will be happy to help out.

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #5,258 of 15,538
Hi I'm Chris. Found head-fi after trying to solve underwhelming Tidal musicality after buying a Dragonfly Red and a pair of Grado SR325e's! I should have come here first! I've collected a lot of cans over the years and it's amazing how many variables there are in achieving enjoyable quality sound. Cheers, Chris.

Mar 18, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #5,261 of 15,538
Hi I'm Chris. Found head-fi after trying to solve underwhelming Tidal musicality after buying a Dragonfly Red and a pair of Grado SR325e's! I should have come here first! I've collected a lot of cans over the years and it's amazing how many variables there are in achieving enjoyable quality sound. Cheers, Chris.
There is as many variables as dollars in your pocket. Welcome to Head-Fi.

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #5,263 of 15,538
Mar 18, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #5,265 of 15,538
Hello, I'm new.  I'm a long time reader,  but now am looking for some really good headphones because my family complains about the bass (new JL Audio f110) keeping then awake when I listen to music late in the evening.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back