New Member Introductions thread
Mar 10, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #5,236 of 15,587
  Hows it going everyone,

Been stalking these forums for a while, figured I'd make an account to ask some questions that I can't find answers too and maybe snag a deal eventually on the marketplace.

Currently use a PC363D on my desktop for competitive cs go with the usb sound-card.

Then I plug it into my z170 onboard when I wanna listen to music/play LoL with background music.

Currently researching on here to get a 2nd pair of "real" headphones for my laptop or if its a significant upgrade use it as my daily for my desktop.

Cheers everybody!

Welcome!

What kind of headphones are you thinking of buying?

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #5,238 of 15,587
Mar 10, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #5,239 of 15,587
  Welcome!

What kind of headphones are you thinking of buying?

So far I've researched a bit of the AD series(700x being the #1 competitive choice but I don't think I need a competitive headphone better than my current pc363d that aren't musically an upgrade), AKG 612 Pro/7 series(considering any of them), Fidelio's x2(although I've heard the gunfire in CSGO can be overwhelmingly uncomfortable sounding), and the beyerdynamic DT 7-9 series(these may suffer from the same outcome as the X2's).

So far that's all I'm aware of and I'm definitely open to more options, just trying to stay away from super bass focused headphones and focused more on soundstage/imaging.

And of course I'm aware most of these headphones need an amp to come "alive" which I would also need to research. Might hold out on a DAC til I see how everything else sounds once I pull the trigger on the headphones/amp.

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #5,240 of 15,587
Hello,

I've already spent many, many hours reading on this forum and have just ordered some HD 600's. Work and living arrangements mean I'll only be at home with my stereo on the weekends so I decided I needed a headphone set up for weekday evenings.

My set up will be:
MacBook Pro
Young M2Tech (stolen from my stereo)
Amp to be decided
Sennheiser HD 600's

Cheers,
Alex

To update: the wallet bashing has already begun! After setting my first amp budget at £100 I have just purchased the Earmax Pro in these classifieds!!! Let's hope I'm blown away by my new system and that my happiness lasts for many many months.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #5,243 of 15,587
Hi, I'm Austin.

I've been using head-fi for a while now to research my audio stuff - I'm a newbie audiophile, basically. I've always had decent earbuds since I was a kid (Shure Se-215, 1More Triple Drivers, etc.), but only recently have I been getting into better audio. I started out with AKG K612 Pros and a Fiio E17k DAC/Amp, but I quickly realized I needed more power and got a JDS Labs O2 amp. Then I moved up into the K712s because the K612 lacked too much low-end for me, and decided to buy a DAC as well (since the O2 was amp only). I found a killer deal for an Uber Schiit Stack on eBay and bought that - selling the O2 now since I have the Magni 2 Uber. I've recently been upgrading my cables - got a Venus Audio Canare cable for my headphones and some Canare StarQuad RCAs for DAC-Amp. Also about to get a nicer USB cable, and considering a powered USB hub since the cable has to be pretty long. That's where I am now!

I hope to learn some more and help out others when I can, hopefully more as I progress.

Thanks!

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #5,244 of 15,587
  Hi, I'm Austin.

I've been using head-fi for a while now to research my audio stuff - I'm a newbie audiophile, basically. I've always had decent earbuds since I was a kid (Shure Se-215, 1More Triple Drivers, etc.), but only recently have I been getting into better audio. I started out with AKG K612 Pros and a Fiio E17k DAC/Amp, but I quickly realized I needed more power and got a JDS Labs O2 amp. Then I moved up into the K712s because the K612 lacked too much low-end for me, and decided to buy a DAC as well (since the O2 was amp only). I found a killer deal for an Uber Schiit Stack on eBay and bought that - selling the O2 now since I have the Magni 2 Uber. I've recently been upgrading my cables - got a Venus Audio Canare cable for my headphones and some Canare StarQuad RCAs for DAC-Amp. Also about to get a nicer USB cable, and considering a powered USB hub since the cable has to be pretty long. That's where I am now!

I hope to learn some more and help out others when I can, hopefully more as I progress.

Thanks!

Welcome, Austin! We are so sorry about your wallet.   ---)

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #5,245 of 15,587
Hi,

I'm Les, based in the UK and I've been interested in audio since the 70s (funds allowing).

Current headphones are:

Stax Lambda Pro/SRD-X Pro for serious listening
Grado SR325e
HifimanHE400S
PSB M4U1 when travelling

Historically though I've got through a range of headphones through the years including Sennheiser HD414, Wharfedale DD-1, V-Moda M80 and PWB Electrostatics.

Interested in the future of HiFi in general and the possible replacement of LPs/CDs as sources by "studio master" quality digital files.

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #5,246 of 15,587
  Hi,

I'm Les, based in the UK and I've been interested in audio since the 70s (funds allowing).

Current headphones are:

Stax Lambda Pro/SRD-X Pro for serious listening
Grado SR325e
HifimanHE400S
PSB M4U1 when travelling

Historically though I've got through a range of headphones through the years including Sennheiser HD414, Wharfedale DD-1, V-Moda M80 and PWB Electrostatics.

Interested in the future of HiFi in general and the possible replacement of LPs/CDs as sources by "studio master" quality digital files.

Welcome, Les! We are so sorry about your wallet.   ---)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back