New Member Introductions thread
Mar 9, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #5,223 of 15,646
  Hi All,

Name's Ted. My mom started me on the violin at age 4, and I fell in love with the guitar and producing music at age 12. Over the years I've gained experience in studio recording, writing and performing music, and live sound engineering, becoming interested as well in room acoustics and hi-fidelity audio reproduction. While I don't play much anymore, my love for music continues.

Recently I made my first purposeful headphone purchases. While I think loudspeaker systems are likely everyone's holy grail, headphones are more affordable, portable, collectable, and operate completely independently of room acoustics and listening position. As such, I've become a huge fan. I hope to contribute some helpful feedback and ideas, detailing my experience with certain cans and exploring general philosophy on audiophile listening. 

Ted 

Welcome, Ted! We are so vert sorry about your wallet...   ---)

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #5,224 of 15,646
Hi, I've been a long time reader and thought I'd finally make the jump so I can start posting to give a little back. These threads are such a fantastic source of information for anyone into hifi audio. Thanks

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #5,227 of 15,646
Just joined. Not new to audio or this forum though. Just want to say hi.
darthsmile.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #5,228 of 15,646
Hello,

I've already spent many, many hours reading on this forum and have just ordered some HD 600's. Work and living arrangements mean I'll only be at home with my stereo on the weekends so I decided I needed a headphone set up for weekday evenings.

My set up will be:
MacBook Pro
Young M2Tech (stolen from my stereo)
Amp to be decided
Sennheiser HD 600's

Cheers,
Alex

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #5,229 of 15,646
Hello,

I've already spent many, many hours reading on this forum and have just ordered some HD 600's. Work and living arrangements mean I'll only be at home with my stereo on the weekends so I decided I needed a headphone set up for weekday evenings.

My set up will be:
MacBook Pro
Young M2Tech to be decidedmy stereo)
Amp to be decided
Sennheiser HD 600's

Cheers,
Alex

Nice setup, Alex. Welcome to Head-Fi! We are sorry about your wallet...   ---)

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #5,235 of 15,646
Hows it going everyone,

Been stalking these forums for a while, figured I'd make an account to ask some questions that I can't find answers too and maybe snag a deal eventually on the marketplace.

Currently use a PC363D on my desktop for competitive cs go with the usb sound-card.

Then I plug it into my z170 onboard when I wanna listen to music/play LoL with background music.

Currently researching on here to get a 2nd pair of "real" headphones for my laptop or if its a significant upgrade use it as my daily for my desktop.

Cheers everybody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back