New Member Introductions thread
Jan 12, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #4,862 of 15,526
Greetings all,

Long time lurker here on the site. I've purchased a couple of items though the classified but have never intro'd myself.

So here goes:

• Audio enthusiast for the past 20+yrs. Mostly always on a limited budget, but always striving to get the best sound and best deals as my resources allow.
• Bay area California native where for the most part I've had the opportunity to see and hear fantastic performances at Yoshi's Jazz club in Oakland, CA. I've been fortunate enough to see such amazing acts as DeeDee Bridgewater, Diana Krall, Pete Escovedo, The Bad Plus, etc. I've used their system as a reference point ever since I had the chance to see these performers.
• I've only started using headphones for long periods of use about 5 years ago at work which remains as to where I do most of my listening.
• I like to dabble in doing some DIY mods (cables, blue tack. no soldering of capacitors yet)
• I like to listen to a variety of music
• I now have a slight case of tinnitus since I'm now in my 40s from 15+ years of going to clubs and concerts so having mid to high end equipment at this point will be mostly for aesthetic reasons. 

Well, that's a quick intro. I look forward to learning new things from the forum and exchanging ideas with fellow members.
My current gear is listed in my signature.

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #4,863 of 15,526
Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for awhile for all of the awesome reviews and audio talk and I finally decided to join you all! I'm an avid iem user and am trying to learn more about amps and all things audio. See you all in the threads!

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #4,864 of 15,526
Hello everyone! I'm just a dude that loved my songs, and wanted the best for them. This site has been entirely helpful to it. Just joined this marvelous community today after lurking around for a while, and hope to learn more about audio stuff with all of you!

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #4,865 of 15,526
Hey everyone, 

Long time silent bystander here, and have had a lot of fun watching a lot of the threads here, especially the impressions and recommendations. I finally decided to throw myself in the pool. I'm a big headphone enthusiast even though I haven't had a chance to audition a lot of what I would like. Music and sound is very special to me as a song writer and listener. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #4,866 of 15,526
I had owned the P7 and Dragonfly v1.2 until dissatisfaction with SQ brought me over to audiophile forums. Long before that, I used to believe that Bose was "high-end" audio 
biggrin.gif
 Trolled Head-Fi extensively to figure out what headphone/DAC pair to consider (didn't have the time or motivation to audition) and I'm grateful for the community's wisdom for helping me make a choice that I do not regret 
smile.gif

My name is Arnav, and I'm a sim racer and newbie audiophile.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #4,867 of 15,526
Hey there! I'm Meffaliss.

I've been lurking and using this site to learn more about audio equipment. I'm not a huge audio enthusiast but I appreciate good sound quality! I mainly use a FiiO X5 as my DAP/DAC/Amp at home and while I travel coupled with KRK KNS-8400's. I enjoy their sound signature over something warm. I prefer over-the-ear headphones since IEM's are super uncomfortable to me and on-ear can cause pressure. Not sure what else to add, so yeah! This is me 
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #4,868 of 15,526
Hi my name is Lou.  I started out life in the audiophile world building my own hafler amps and pre amps.  Many Many moons later I travel too much to be able to enjoy my home system and wanted a way of taking it with me.  Hence I have an X5II paired with an A5 amp and EX1 earbuds.  The flacs and hi res music just give me goose bumps.  Its actually hard to concentrate on other things while listening.  This has significantly improved my travel experiences.  I have enjoyed reading others experiences and hope to be able to contribute back to the community.  Happy New (music) Year!

Jan 13, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #4,869 of 15,526
Hi Everyone I have come here for advice, as I am by no means educated on audio. If anyone can help me I would be so greatful. This is in regards to my gaming headset on PS4 Pro.

I'm using the Sennheiser Game One headset, combined with the Astro pro mixamp Tr, on my PS4 PRO.
I hear in game audio through the headset, but my Headset MIC does not work at all! The PS4 does not even recognize a mic. This is so troubling, because the same exact setup and settings work perfectly on my regular PS4. Mic works! but not on my PS4 PRO!!! The sennheiser mic when not connected with the mixamp works just fine on THE PS4 Pro. it leads me to believe my mixamp for whatever reason is not working correctly on the PS4 pro. I contacted Astro and they are completely useless. No support at all. I have dl the latest firmware update for the mixamp, as well as changed the mode to streaming. But mic does not work.

So basically can anyone here confirm that this headset amp works on specifically the PS4 Pro? If it does sure I should return and get a new one. Or Is there a different Mixamp other than the Astro that will work, and give me as good or better sound boost than the Astro amp. Specifically which other amp would u guys recommend

Once again I really appreciate some help here guys thank you.

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #4,870 of 15,526
Hi all, Anthony here from the U.K.
Looking for some advice on my journey to better audio, my first step was purchasing a half decent pair of cans, the sennheiser hd598 se, since then Its been a battle between what I think I need and the size of my wallet!!

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #4,871 of 15,526
Hi!
I am Sveinung, located in Norway. I have been visiting this site regularly for a couple of years and have found lots of useful information. I am using a Woo Audio WA6 with Sennheiser HD700 headphones which I have recently purchased. When I listen to music through headphones I normally play from a CD player directly into the WA6, but I also play vinyl using a preamp. I have done a bit of tube rolling with the WA6, and that is the main reason why I have been visiting this site - to find information and opinions about different tubes. I listen to all kinds of music, from classical to heavy metal, but my favorite music is 70's rock such as Jethro Tull, Genesis and so on. I am using the same nick on the Norwegian site hifisentralen, but there is so much relevant and interesting information at this site that I finally decided to register here also.

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #4,872 of 15,526
Hi everyone.  Looking to spend more time (and money, I suppose) enjoying music.  I have a Cayin i5 on the way to go with my Alessandro MS1 headphones.  There is so much information here.  I have only scratched the surface, but I have already learned a lot.

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #4,874 of 15,526
Good Day All!

I'm a middle aged music lover that over the years been in and out of the pursuit of sonic bliss. I've been into high fidelity sound since my Father introduced me to it in the early 70's.

I've always concentrated on home stereo sound using room filling speakers leading me 5 or 6 years ago to the Magnepan 1.7's.Once exposed to the Maggies' speed and incredible sound stage, I'm spoiled to their delivery. Due to many changes and generations now living under my roof, my home system hasn't been powered up in many months. 

I just bought my first headphones and portable dac/amp a week or so back. I've started with a small investment, testing the water. I'm a solid believer in the Sabre sound, so I purchased a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic XS and the Sennheiser 558 open back headphones. I have Grado 225e's on the way. I'm not ready nor do I know if it'll be necessary to take the financial plunge of Audeze or other planar headphones require.

Coming from listening of many genres with walls and furnishings contributions to the content to a much smaller more controlled environment has been a bit of an eye/ear opener.

Lots of great info here. Thanks to all for sharing! 

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #4,875 of 15,526
Hello everyone! I'm something of an audiophile from Japan currently living in the US.
I mainly use IE80, um pro30, HD598, HD650, and HD800.. yea I'm actually a big fan of Sennheiser product since I purchased my first high quality headphone HD650:)

I'm now interested in some of Chinese hybrid earbuds that look very unique (and easy on the wallet.) I found this place while I looked up the online.

There are lots of great info here I wish I could find this place earlier.. Hope see you all around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back