New Member Introductions thread
Dec 6, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #4,681 of 15,646
Hey everyone. I'm Stone. I've been lurking through these forums for some years now but never made an account, and after some rough years resulting in me having to sell my beloved headphones, it seems like things are turning around and I intend to rebuild starting here soon. I'm excited to contribute what I can to the community here and indulge in this hobby of ours with you all. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #4,682 of 15,646
Hello everybody. Been creeping around here and r/headphones for the longest time. Based my purchases off a lot of your suggestions. My current inventory of headphones include HD 598, Momentum 2.0, Beyer T51i, MDR XB-950BT, and some iems (se215 and hidefjax). I am a more transit-y type of headphone guy.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #4,683 of 15,646
Infrequent visitor, registered to talk about music, cans, and audio in general. I think it's easy to tell if you're an audiophile. Ask yourself one question, if you had to live the rest of your life without sight or sound, which would you pick? If you picked sound, you're not an audiophile.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #4,684 of 15,646
  Infrequent visitor, registered to talk about music, cans, and audio in general. I think it's easy to tell if you're an audiophile. Ask yourself one question, if you had to live the rest of your life without sight or sound, which would you pick? If you picked sound, you're not an audiophile.

I guess I am not an audiophile then....:frowning2: ...I have a well-documented fear of darkness that is closely associated with lack of sight.

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #4,687 of 15,646
Hello guys! I've been reading head-fi for about a year. I've been getting more and more into headphones recently instead of speakers and I've gotten invaluable info from the forums regarding good starting gear. I had to create an account finally, since I just got home with Audeze Sines and an IFI micro iDSD black label amp/dac. Poor wallet haha. I also own Fidelio x2's and V-moda crossface m100's. I'm from Finland, but I'm currently doing a six month exchange in Singapore. Anyway just wanted to say hello to everyone!

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #4,688 of 15,646
Hi everyone!
My name is Robin and i've been into music from the day i was born.
I was a semi-professional DJ for some time until i got into high quality sound after this. These two things didn't really mix well. I really like listening to music on my headphones. I currently only own Shure SE215 IEM's but am looking into new over ear alternatives and a good DAC atm. 
I've found this forum while browsing the web now and then and decided to join in!
Im looking forward to great discussions about everything related to our hobby!

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #4,689 of 15,646
Hi - fairly longtime lurker now decloaking :wink: Music has always been my passion, but admittedly for about the last decade (mostly due to kids and work) I've been somewhat less an enthusiast and mostly listened to music in the car commuting... back in the day my home stereo was my pride and joy and with a few choice upgrades/replacements I'm back to listening to music in the evenings rather than more mindless TV... it's been refreshing. I sometimes use my old Thorens turntable but admittedly I was an early and enthusiastic convert to CDs and that remains my main format for home listening.

I've ripped most into iTunes originally for use at the gym (and probably will have to restart as I didn't know or care so much about the transfer quality when it was for an iPod Nano while working out). But I'm now dipping my toes into better portable music options - and am on a quest for a new portable player solution other than my iPhone 6/Blackberry Priv solutions.

Even for a techie inclined older guy (49) there is much to learn when stepping outside Apples walled garden of easy syncing and simple to use technology. I look forward to more interactions and learning from the accumulated wisdom of the forumers.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #4,691 of 15,646
Greetings from West Virginia.  I'm a little late to be getting in the headphone scene but I finally got my home theater where I want it to be and now I can only upgrade the picture portion.  I guess I have always liked speakers and headphones wvwn though I have yet to get a good pair.  I do have some coming for Christmas Sennheiser 598's.  Well good to me anyway.  Looking forward to learning a lot more.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #4,692 of 15,646
Hi. you can call me Lotus. Ive always preferred listening to music in headphones. I wanted a nice set but was never really sure which ones to get. Recently ive found myself wearing headphones a lot on the computer for gaming, and music. I finally pulled the trigger on some hd 558's and the phillips shp9500's. Im really happy with them.. i hope this doesnt turn into a multi thousand dollar venture....  

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #4,693 of 15,646
Hello
My name is Ryan. I have been into speakers and home theater a long time. Recently have become more interested in headphones with young children at home. Currently I have the sennheiser momentum 2.0 with a schiit multibit dac and a channel island vhp2. Looking to get another pair in the future but now the momentums are great for when I have to travel.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #4,694 of 15,646
Hey all.  I"m new to this forum, but not new to audio communities as I'm alreayd a member of AVS Forums and such.  I'm getting more and more interested in audio and headphones, so thought I'd join here.  Looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back