New Member Introductions thread
Nov 29, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #4,651 of 15,585
Hi I'm new here have visited in the past but reacently have gotten more into audio. Currently looking for a nice pair oh portable earbuds.Im wanting to fined some used ones so that I won't break my budget, which is currently $200.

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #4,653 of 15,585
Another lurker here. Been visiting this site on and off for several years. Finally took the time to join!

-Current gear-
Headphones: Sennheiser HD650 and HD600
DAC/Amp: Dangerous Music Source
Monitors: Pair of Neumann KH120As

I've learned a-lot from the knowledgeable members on this site. You all have helped influence my gear decisions and drain my wallet
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #4,654 of 15,585
New here, have an interest in the varying quality of headphones. The most expensive I've had are $299 Bose QC 15s, they're several years old now. But I find it interesting how now I can buy, but not so feasibly, $79 Audio-Technica earbuds that have just as good sound and active noise cancellation, plus a mic if you need one. I'm also surprised at the value that can be had in the $20 range, my Skull Candy Ink'd 2's are some of the best I've heard for $20, and they give the $40 JBL E10 a run for their money.

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #4,655 of 15,585
Wondering should I get the XBA a3's or the dn 2000j's or is there another earbud on the market in that doesn't cost more than one of these? Looking for something that is well rounded and gives a somewhat neutral to natural sound. Sorry not very good at describing what I want

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #4,658 of 15,585
Hi, 
This website has been a great resource for me for years, but I finally decided to join. I bought my first pair of nice cans about four years ago with some white ATH M50's that I still use. This year I decided to upgrade with some nicer open back headphones and a decent amp. 
Glad to be a part of the community,

Joe

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #4,659 of 15,585
Hi everybody from Austria,

after reading quite a bit here in the forums and using it as a "decision" maker in the past (for my V-Moda XS cans), I know decided to register and maybe being able to contribute in one way or another. My V-Moda XS are still in use, but now I just bought a pair of BeoPlay H7 as I want to try some wireless headphones. 

I am by no means an audiophile, but I simply like to listen to (for me) good music and enjoy doing so. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #4,660 of 15,585
Hello!!!

I am Arjun and 35 y/o. Like some individuals here, I also have been reading for a while but finally decided to make an account. I am a physician by profession but have been into music since I was 19 y/o. I have done some EDM and DJ work and my stage name is ASTATYTE. I also play some instruments and specially like the flute and tabla.

I like IEMs more than over the ear models. I am looking for a Brand New Sealed Aurisonics 2.5 Reds. This being the cornerstone of my registration here. I guess that is it for now. I have plenty of IEMs/Headphones of every kind and if anyone has the item I want I would be more than willing to pay or make a trade in your favor.

Regards to all and happy listening.

Arjun

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #4,664 of 15,585
Hi, my name is Joachim. I have started a questionable process of brainwashing myself
into thinking I need a pair of super headphones, not mention an amp as well as a portable
amp/dac for use in the office. Oh, and a Marshall London.I used to be happy with a pair of
koss porta pro's.. However I write a little chamber music, and have some experience with mixing,
so I think my ears are capable of appreciating improvements in gear. I'm waiting to receive a pair
of Grado SR325is in the mail very soon. However, I am stilling checking out ads for headphones.
A friend of mine owns Senn HD800 and Audeze LCD-3 and some fancy amp. Maybe I can talk
the police into giving me a restraining order, so that my thoughts about getting higher end gear
will not escalate upon hearing his gear.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #4,665 of 15,585
Hi been lurking here for awhile. Bought Panasonic htf 600 on this site's recommendation. They were great but broke fast, then I got Ath900x & just sold them due to weight.

I'm looking for a replacement, have tried out HD 451 but hate the flat bass. The audio technica had good sound but too much highs & just slightly too little bass.

I want headphones under 250g with preferably larger than 30mm drivers at a good price if possible.

So far I think the Panasonic ht7x or Sony Mdr450 seem to be my thing or I can settle for an HD 201.

The Sony v55 seem decent too

I listen to only Punjabi music if someone is familiar with that & like to hear the variety of drums.

I have a xonar dg for my amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Lx3A
Back